One born every minute USA

I really don't like the way they do things over there, i know she agreed to it in the end, but I thought they were going to force that poor woman into having a section just because she was having a long labour (not that long in my opinion). Lying on her back for all the time probably didn't move things along!

I get really frustrated watching it.

Also, does everyone get an induction? I haven't seen anyone come to the ward who is already in labour, or have I missed it?

X

there was someone on here who had a baby in the USA in the past, I remember her saying they circumcised him without asking her first!! :shock:

I cant rememberthe story but cant remember who it was now!

there was someone on here who had a baby in the USA in the past, I remember her saying they circumcised him without asking her first!! :shock:

I cant rememberthe story but cant remember who it was now!

Omg, I would be livid if anyone did that to my child!!
I remember watching an episode of sex and the city where Charlotte was shocked that her new sex buddy was uncircumcised and she'd never seen one like that before!!! She was troubled about whether she could go near it or not!! In the end the guy had it circumcised and ended up getting all this confidence and being a stud!!
So it must be the norm in USA maybe? x

yeah it is the norm, I stumbled across a thread on babysite USA and they were all 'rebelling' and refusing to have their child circumised. Theyre told it will almost certainly become infected and need to be removed later in life. Theyre also told circumcision reduces chances of getting a STI :confused:

^^ they were also shocked that in 'england' (resisted the urge to post about celtic nations too :lol: ) they dont circumcise as routine!

Omg that is madness!!! Where do they get this information??? How can they spread such rubbish?? I'm amazed x

the culture of mutilating young boys genitals in this way is absurd, particularly as America is a 1st world country, they may cite 'cleanliness' as an excuse in the middle east, but in America? There is really no excuse!

How a culture can accept that taking a new born child and cutting its genitals without so much as an anaesthetic is ANYTHING but child abuse and totally void of humanity is TOTALLY beyond me.

Its shocking and sick and has no medical reason behind it. Sick and wrong.

That's just bonkers :shock:

Bigbump - surely they must anaesthetise? Like you say it's just cruel if they don't!

yup no anaesthetic. aparently its not needed cos they wont remember it anyway. :shock:

yup no anaesthetic. aparently its not needed cos they wont remember it anyway. :shock:

Oh well that's ok then! :shock: :shock: there's no way I'd have let anyone near C's winkie like that!

I know :shock: There are all sorts of things that are medically recommended differently in different countries. FOr example in spain every single woman gets an episiotomy whe n theyre ready to push. They tell the women that they are certain to tear and it would be hurrendous and they're likely to become incontinent afterwards unless theyre cut. :shock:

Makes you wonder what we're told eh?!

I know, I wouldnt go to spain if I were past 30 weeks pregnant just incase *crosses legs*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back