OBEM USA! Did anyone see it!!!!!

beanster

Reaction score
OMG I'm soooooooo glad we live in the UK! Did anyone see one born every minute USA? I can't believe how they were pushing all the pain reliefe and epidurals. It was like as soon as they came in to the ward the nurses were asking them what time they would like their epidural booked in for!
Must say though the couple who opted for a natural childbirth didn't really do it many favours as they were chanting 'OPEN' and refusing to let the midwife check anything at all!!!!!
Did feel sorry for the first lady who couldn't sit up and reach far enough to get her phone off the table though because of her bump!

There's a thread about this is the tv section hunnie, if you fancy a browse xx

Omg yeh I watched it, they made childbirth seem like a peice of cake, what a joke, the UK one is so much more real! Americans are annoying lol and that couple were just such dumbos, the mw was saying she's gota check em, and theyre being difficult about it :S

I saw it advertised but missed it! :( When was it on?? xxx

It's on Thursdays on more 4. I watched it on catch up tv though!

omg i too watched it that couple that was chanting i had to laugh at the faces of the staff outside the room..

i asked about it at my anti-natal class yesterday and the midwife there said the nurses in the room are NOT midwife's they are obstetric nurses, and ALL births are preformed by a gynaecological doctor! so nothing like our births to start with! was interesting to watch, but not sure if i will watch any of the others as they are bound to be very similar!

i just knew it would be ott. a couple of them werent even in labour they just went in and got started off.

couldnt believe the way they were offering epidurals etc.

although the couple that wanted a natural birth annoyed me more than the others. nurse was trying to do her job and they were letting them. im sorry but if she wants to check all is well with your baby surely you would never say no. xxx

I was laughing at the women trying to get her phone coz I know how that feels. :lol: The couple with that other women were sooo annoying, how many times do you need to have a shower to realise its NOT GOING TO WORK!! The midwife was great at keeping her cool, I would have lost it with them and told that other women to butt out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back