November 2020 mums

Hooray! Gilly is officially viable :D 24 weeks exactly today!
That's awesome!!

Sorry I've been really quiet - I'm struggling to cope with being back at work. It's so much standing and walking (literally all day) and there's so much to do that it's non-stop - any breaks I take just mean I'll be there for longer as the work has to be done and can't be left overnight. I have a support belt to try and save my hips and keep my stomach muscles from working too hard and separating even more but I'm in a lot of pain by the end of the day and exhausted!

Bump is 25 weeks today though, which is exciting. Only 15 weeks to go! And I officially told my work and booked maternity leave, so I'll be finishing at 36 weeks - only 11 to go! (I think I'll be off on sick leave with my hips before then though).

How is everyone else doing?

That's awesome!!

Sorry I've been really quiet - I'm struggling to cope with being back at work. It's so much standing and walking (literally all day) and there's so much to do that it's non-stop - any breaks I take just mean I'll be there for longer as the work has to be done and can't be left overnight. I have a support belt to try and save my hips and keep my stomach muscles from working too hard and separating even more but I'm in a lot of pain by the end of the day and exhausted!

Bump is 25 weeks today though, which is exciting. Only 15 weeks to go! And I officially told my work and booked maternity leave, so I'll be finishing at 36 weeks - only 11 to go! (I think I'll be off on sick leave with my hips before then though).

How is everyone else doing?

Whoah, can you talk to your boss about organising some reasonable adjustment? It does not seem right that you get penalised for needing to take breaks. Hopefully they can allocate you a more reasonable workload. Your GP might be able to give you a medical certificate if you have a previous diastisis recti separation as to why you need more breaks or more time to complete the same work?

Whoah, can you talk to your boss about organising some reasonable adjustment? It does not seem right that you get penalised for needing to take breaks. Hopefully they can allocate you a more reasonable workload. Your GP might be able to give you a medical certificate if you have a previous diastisis recti separation as to why you need more breaks or more time to complete the same work?
It's a unique situation, normally there'd be 2 of us in sharing the work and our boss to pick up the slack of a pregnant staff member. But due to the pandemic we are only allowed 1 person in at a time so all the work in the day has to be done by that one person. I work with animals so it's just basic animal care that needs doing which is why it can't be left. It does mean I'm working 1 day in every 2 so I do get a days rest in-between. It's only week 2 back so I'm hoping I'll find a rhythm and a way to do everything without it hurting too much but I will be letting my boss know it isn't working well if it carries on like this too long.

I had a fist size diastasis recti last time, managed to get it back to 2 fingers before getting pregnant again. At my 22 week check the midwife was feeling for baby and told me the muscles had split. So I'm doing my best not to let them get to a point where I'm going to need surgery to fix them. But it's hard with work and 2 kids to look after!

Pregnancy is so glamorous!!

How are you doing @EmilyMaria ?

@CharliC it is glamorous isn't it! I'm finding wearing a mask at work to be very cumbersome. There is a lot of manual handling in my job too, and with a mask on I'm finding it pretty unpleasant. Luckily my team is pretty good with helping me out if there are any heavier tasks to do.
I had my gluten tolerance test yesterday. Which I found no fun at all. Starting my day hungry did not set me up for a good day at all!
27 weeks along tomorrow, I'm getting so close to trimester three!

@CharliC it is glamorous isn't it! I'm finding wearing a mask at work to be very cumbersome. There is a lot of manual handling in my job too, and with a mask on I'm finding it pretty unpleasant. Luckily my team is pretty good with helping me out if there are any heavier tasks to do.
I had my gluten tolerance test yesterday. Which I found no fun at all. Starting my day hungry did not set me up for a good day at all!
27 weeks along tomorrow, I'm getting so close to trimester three!
Ugh yeah, wearing a mask all day must really suck!! We don't have to - yet - which is good because I work in a tropical room and already overheat - but I think it's coming!!

Woo 27 weeks! You know, maths wise your already in the final 3rd of your pregnancy. 2/3 of 40 weeks is 26.6666 weeks. I don't know when the official change to 3rd trimester is, but going by the numbers your already there!

@CharliC I looked it up and I think the start of week 28 is the beginning of trimester 3...
It is so funny how there is slight differences in interpretation depending on where you are located.

@EmilyMaria it is interesting. Some places just get it wrong entirely though, my NHS app, which is where all my notes get stored and I get all my information from, says that I am now in my 3rd trimester at 25 weeks. I know that's not right :rotfl:

I feel so sorry for you guys who can't work from home :( Being on your feet all day must be exhausting :( Though you probably won't put on as much weight as me! Haha.

The official start of the third trimester is 28 weeks. We're all so close now! :D

Does anyone have any oppinions on prams.
I have been looking online and there is a sliver cross pram on sale I quite like the look of.
Has anyone got a pram they really like already?

Does anyone have any oppinions on prams.
I have been looking online and there is a sliver cross pram on sale I quite like the look of.
Has anyone got a pram they really like already?

After going to have a look at some we’re going for the UppaBaby Vista. It’s just really, really pretty and comes in lots of colours.

Funny this topic has come up actually I've just ordered our travel system. We gone with infababy. They have like 50% off at the moment

I'm planning on getting the Out n about nipper 360 travel system, as I like the buggy for running with. I currently have a double out n about sport which I need to sell before I can buy a new one though. I was planning on keeping the double but it's not idea for newborns and the single non-sport version has a car-seat and a newborn cradle so that'll be much more convenient.

There are so many choices it makes my head hurt!

@SockVortex The Uppa baby vista looks so fancy! I see them around town a lot so they must be very popular where I live. It is more expensive than some if the others but it might be a really good investment. I really want a pram that is light and easy to fold.

@CrazyChic how good is it when you get a bargain!

There are so many choices it makes my head hurt!

@SockVortex The Uppa baby vista looks so fancy! I see them around town a lot so they must be very popular where I live. It is more expensive than some if the others but it might be a really good investment. I really want a pram that is light and easy to fold.

@CrazyChic how good is it when you get a bargain!

Yeah one of the reasons we picked it was because it can be adapted to carry two kids and we're planning on trying for a second when Gilly is about eight months old :) I'm also a sucker for pretty things and the jade green colour is just so lovely haha. It's also good for D as he's 6'5" so we needed something he could comfortably push and it collapses easily for storage.

Yeah one of the reasons we picked it was because it can be adapted to carry two kids and we're planning on trying for a second when Gilly is about eight months old :) I'm also a sucker for pretty things and the jade green colour is just so lovely haha. It's also good for D as he's 6'5" so we needed something he could comfortably push and it collapses easily for storage.

I've been sending hubs pram videos the last few days.

He was trying to be funny and told me to just get a red one.

Okay honey, the fancy but also most expensive one it is then! <3

Screenshot_20200803-215334_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hi hope you still don't mind having a an extra one here :wave:

I got a cosatto wow pram bundle <3 in the mademoiselle print absolutely love it
Does anyone else have or had a still soft squishy bump at 20 weeks? Xx

The Cosatto Wow XL was our other choice but I can’t find any stockists near to us so I can go and try it out. Shame as it’s very pretty :)

My bump is still squishy at 24+4 when I’m lying/sitting down but when I stand up it’s very firm. It also gets a lot tighter after I eat dinner in the evening.

I did not have that much of a bump still at 20 weeks. Heaps of people I work with still did not know I was pregnant at that point.

We didn't either so just took a risk and definitely paid off :dance:

Mines only solid if I over eat:rotfl: my bump is a fair size though for 20 weeks :? can't hide it at all xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back