November 2020 mums

It’s 30C inside my flat at 8.45am x__x High of 34 here today! Just a tad ‘cooler’ than yesterday haha.

Is anyone else getting fed up with the ‘how are you coping in the heat?’ question?

I’ve been asked it so many times already. Like... yes, I’m pregnant but I’m only 25 weeks. Baby isn’t that big yet. I’m just as hot as any other British person living through a heatwave in a flat that isn’t built for it *sigh*

Although this is true that everyone in the UK is dying in this heat, i do know why people would ask you that question. Doesn't matter how many weeks pregnant you are, you are still carrying another human being inside you. Sounds like whoever is asking you is just genuinely concerned how you are dealing in the heat.

I'm always at a loss when people ask the 'so how is the baby/pregnancy question'. I usually shrug, and say, yup its getting bigger.

Although this is true that everyone in the UK is dying in this heat, i do know why people would ask you that question. Doesn't matter how many weeks pregnant you are, you are still carrying another human being inside you. Sounds like whoever is asking you is just genuinely concerned how you are dealing in the heat.

I know it's meant kindly, it's just irritating when its every second person asking, haha.

I'm always at a loss when people ask the 'so how is the baby/pregnancy question'. I usually shrug, and say, yup its getting bigger.
Hah my dad asks this all the time. Im never sure what answer he is looking for, it's not like I really know how the.baby is doing?

I'm struggling with the heat (and it's not even that hot up here) but that's because I work in a tropical room and is hit and humid and I basically just get to sweat all day. Super attractive

My eldest starts school tomorrow so I'm a bit of a mess of last minute organisation tonight.

Oh wow that's going back pretty early! :O Is that because of Covid?

Bizarrely in Scotland they start their school year in mid-August. I've lived here for 13 years now and I still don't understand how they the school the school year.

Bizarrely in Scotland they start their school year in mid-August. I've lived here for 13 years now and I still don't understand how they the school the school year.

That is very strange! O__o Do they finish at the end of June too?

Also, Gilly has hiccups tonight and it’s pretty hilarious to feel. Though I also feel very sorry for the poor boy!

Also, Gilly has hiccups tonight and it’s pretty hilarious to feel. Though I also feel very sorry for the poor boy!

Don’t feel sorry for him, they’re not real hiccups. He’s actually practicing breathing with the amniotic fluid, they call it hiccups for some reason even though it’s not hiccups at all!

Super interesting. I have just been calling all the movements I can feel kicks, really I never have any idea where exactly he is or what he is getting up to in there
You can definitely tell the difference between a kick and a hiccup. I didn’t get any hiccups from baby until about 2 weeks ago so it doesn’t necessarily happen at a specific time or stage.

Bump update: 27 weeks today :)

My hips haven't been too bad the last couple of weeks, which is a relief!! I'm so tired though, getting a bit fed up of just feeling exhausted all the time!

I booked a private scan for 30 weeks, which I'm super excited about, counting the weeks down now!!

Hope everyone's well x

20200814_083659 (wecompress.com).jpg

Bump update: 27 weeks today :)

My hips haven't been too bad the last couple of weeks, which is a relief!! I'm so tired though, getting a bit fed up of just feeling exhausted all the time!

I booked a private scan for 30 weeks, which I'm super excited about, counting the weeks down now!!

Hope everyone's well x

View attachment 91377

Oh wow! That’s really a proper bump now :D

We're having an adventure this afternoon - my oldest has started coughing. So, being fine upstanding citizens we have booked him a coronavirus test and taking him along this afternoon.

I'm 100% sure it's not coronavirus as he has had a cold for a few days but best to get tested!!

We're having an adventure this afternoon - my oldest has started coughing. So, being fine upstanding citizens we have booked him a coronavirus test and taking him along this afternoon.

I'm 100% sure it's not coronavirus as he has had a cold for a few days but best to get tested!!

Good to hear you're all being responsible about it :) It's the only way we'll all get through this! I hope your little one is ok :)

Oh no, poor kidlet. I have had two swabs now and they are pretty unpleasant when they go up the nose!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back