November 2020 mums

Just catching up on the messages, wow that must of been scary @Kelly1991. Hopefully you'll get some answers monday.

@Kelly1991 I hope all went well with your follow up tests.
Still no further forward. They have ruled out any clots in my legs. Going back again today at 2pm for further scans on my
chest. Starting to feel better, so hopefully it was just an infection in my chest. Hopefully have a clear answer today.

Still no further forward. They have ruled out any clots in my legs. Going back again today at 2pm for further scans on my
chest. Starting to feel better, so hopefully it was just an infection in my chest. Hopefully have a clear answer today.

I'm glad you're starting to feel better and that they're putting so much effort into finding out what's wrong :)

I'm glad you're starting to feel better and that they're putting so much effort into finding out what's wrong :)
Yes I think I must have had every test going. It nice that I’m not being fobbed off. Hopefully I will walk today with some answers

Odd question but... can gas make your lower stomach stick out then go back in? Feels like a big pop an inch below my belly button and when it happens that small part of my tummy sticks out then goes back. Very odd! It’s been happening for about a week.

Odd question but... can gas make your lower stomach stick out then go back in? Feels like a big pop an inch below my belly button and when it happens that small part of my tummy sticks out then goes back. Very odd! It’s been happening for about a week.
That sounds like a baby kick to me!

That sounds like a baby kick to me!

I wondered that haha. I hope it is! Up until now they’ve all been pretty small tickly feelings but the pops are very strong. The difference between hands and feet I guess!

Update: Definitely the baby! D got to see my tummy jump for the first time and felt his first kick too :D Wish I’d known it was the baby when it first started haha.

That is for sure a baby kick. Has hubby felt one yet?

That is for sure a baby kick. Has hubby felt one yet?

Yes! When we worked out what it was I got him to watch my stomach and he saw a kick and then got to feel one :D My son was very compliant for once. He was also booting me loads as I was trying to go to sleep. Hopefully he wasn’t uncomfortable in there!

Yes! When we worked out what it was I got him to watch my stomach and he saw a kick and then got to feel one :D My son was very compliant for once. He was also booting me loads as I was trying to go to sleep. Hopefully he wasn’t uncomfortable in there!

The other morning I was sleeping on my side with hubby's back up against my tummy. He told me that our son gave him a kick in his bottom.:D

How is everyone doing? I'm going back to work on Monday so I've spent the last week doing risk assessments to figure out what I can do and where I'll need help, and getting in as many naps as possible before I can't nap anymore

I'm now 23 weeks and baby is the size of a grapefruit!

Both my kids have now felt the baby move but hubby still has yet too, she goes quiet whenever he tries!! But I'm getting movement all over the place now rather than just below my belly button so she'd either wizzing around like a rocket or had a growth spurt!

Anyone got any nice plans for the weekend?

How is everyone doing? I'm going back to work on Monday so I've spent the last week doing risk assessments to figure out what I can do and where I'll need help, and getting in as many naps as possible before I can't nap anymore

I'm now 23 weeks and baby is the size of a grapefruit!

Both my kids have now felt the baby move but hubby still has yet too, she goes quiet whenever he tries!! But I'm getting movement all over the place now rather than just below my belly button so she'd either wizzing around like a rocket or had a growth spurt!

Anyone got any nice plans for the weekend?

Aww grapefruit baby! We're all getting close to viability week now! I think @EmilyMaria might already be at 24 weeks :)

I'm doing ok. Baby is soooo active lately. I get a lot of kicks especially after eating and watching him kick me and make my stomach move is so magical.

Risk assessments for work sounds scary. What kind of things will you be able to do? Are you excited to go back to work? :) I won't see my office until next May/June now haha.

Tomorrow we're going to visit D's dad, step mum and sister at a stately home garden to have a picnic and a look around. We haven't seen them since January so it's really exciting :D What do you have planned? :)

Oh my goodness ladies, how quick is all this going?

I'm so excited I feel like I'm wishing the year away.

Just at my mum and dads today, then work tomorrow. I'm so sad that this time in lockdown is coming to an end. I've enjoyed all this extra time with my DD and step son. Only 12 more weeks left to work :dance:

So what is everyone's thoughts on maternity leave?
If there is a second wave and I no longer feel safe at work I will start maternity leave early.

But all going well I was thinking I would hold out to 38 weeks so I can maximise time off with baby. I will take 12 months off.

Right now I feel fine, but I have no idea how I will feel in the lead up to the birth. My job does involve a lot of manual handling and being on my feet all day so it might start to get pretty difficult towards the end!

So what is everyone's thoughts on maternity leave?
If there is a second wave and I no longer feel safe at work I will start maternity leave early.

But all going well I was thinking I would hold out to 38 weeks so I can maximise time off with baby. I will take 12 months off.

Right now I feel fine, but I have no idea how I will feel in the lead up to the birth. My job does involve a lot of manual handling and being on my feet all day so it might start to get pretty difficult towards the end!

I'm leaving at 35 weeks, I'm a hairstylist so I'm on my feet all day. I had 4 weeks holiday to take cause of covid so using up 3 weeks before my official maternity leave starts then carried on a week so use before I return as I'm planning on having a year off so will help with money as only get paid for 9 months of it. Its the same time I left with my DD and that was perfect timing as I had had enough by then.

I'm not worried about a second wave, the place I'm from has had low cases the whole way through

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back