November 2020 mums

Oh my goodness, the eating is out of control. I am hungry all the time and can't stop with chocolate, biscuits and icecream etc. Please tell me I'm not the only one!

Oh my goodness, the eating is out of control. I am hungry all the time and can't stop with chocolate, biscuits and icecream etc. Please tell me I'm not the only one!
Me too! I ate a share sized block of dairy milk today just because I was hungry!!

Hi everyone, oh my word...I'm so rubbish with keeping up with the chat i blame being back at work .
Congratulations to everyone who's already had their 20 week scan and not long to wait now for the rest of us. Mines a week today, as much as I'd like to know the gender ,I really want the suprise too, so we will stay team yellow . Great news...I had a phone call to say my partner can come to the scan with me next week!

Little boy for us too! I’m quite surprised and a little bit scared I might never have a daughter but I guess I’ll get over it. Feel like a bad mother now :/

Little boy for us too! I’m quite surprised and a little bit scared I might never have a daughter but I guess I’ll get over it. Feel like a bad mother now :/
Ah congrats sock! Don't be silly. I think ill probably only have one baby, so whichever it is, I'll have to deal with those emotions too. Everybody is entitled to their own feelings - the main thing is baby is healthy. Those feelings will pass in time! Everything was OK with your scan? I'm having a 4d scan in a couple of weeks and I'm so excited to see bubs again :)

Congratulations hun, everything else all good?

Thats only natural, i think as woman we always want that little girl. I've already got a daughter so I wasn't bothered either way but I'm absolutely over the moon that I've been blessed enough to have one of each of my own xx

IMG_20200702_181119.jpg

Congratulations everyone how exciting!!!

@SockVortex that's exactly how I felt when I found out I was having a boy the first time. And now Im having daughter #2 - so try not to worry!!

Sock never feel bad about your feelings. I was desperate for a boy with my 1st and never thought it would happen coming from a family full of girls, but to my surprise, I got my little boy. Then with baby 2 I wasn't to worried either way and got boy number 2. By the time I was pregnant with number 3 (my last haha) I was so desperate for a little girl and it hit me so hard to be having another boy. Not because he was a boy necessarily, but the fact I had kinda been there done that and had all the clothes from my previous 2 boys. Plus the reaction from everyone was quite negative as if he wasn't as special because he was just another boy! He has been by far my most loving and I couldn't imagine not having him. Just before finding out I was pregnant with this surprise baby (coil failure) I was very happy with my family of 3 boys and couldn't imagine having anymore. I did still feel upset that I wouldn't experience the mother/daughter bond, but I was at peace with it. I think you have to let yourself grieve for the life you imagined your daughter (or son depending on which you are missing) because everyone has a fantasy on how they think it will all play out and sometimes you need to adjust to that. It doesn't make you love your child any less or make you a bad mother at all. Now I am having a little girl I am absolutely shitty myself and feel so unprepared and not ready for the different experiences lol

Thanks everyone for your kind words and stories :) I’m feeling much more positive now.

@CrazyChic What colour font do you want for your son on the front page?

After we found out we are having a boy I had a day where I felt a little bit down about it. I think its normal to get a bit deflated with all the build up there is to the moment you find out. Boys are fun and I'm definitely starting feel like maybe this was what was meant to be for me.

After we found out we are having a boy I had a day where I felt a little bit down about it. I think its normal to get a bit deflated with all the build up there is to the moment you find out. Boys are fun and I'm definitely starting feel like maybe this was what was meant to be for me.

Yeah, I’ve been imagining taking him to our vintage events and all the cute little 1940s jumpers and shorts I’ll get to dress him in <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back