*** November 2014 Mum's ***

Poor Ruby with her bum! Hope the canesten does the trick. How sweet that she's waving now. I'd definitely try resettling her sometimes, if you know it's not long from the last feed. I try the dummy on Frankie, she soon lets me know if it's not enough.

Apple, that's a great sleep, bet you felt lovely for it!

Frankie has cut two teeth this week, both noticed at the same time. One was definitely showing and the other was slightly behind, now they are both fully surfaced but still only tiny. They're sharp on my nipples though, ouchie! I've started weaning too, she's been a bit uncertain but she's getting the hang of it. I have been having to put the food in her hand but yesterday she was grabbing the broccoli off me and shoving it in her mouth so I think that's a winner. I'm not impressed with baby porridge and neither is she, I think it's a bit bland. She loved parsnip. Today we're trying cucumber and nectarine. I asked the HV about introducing them slowly and she said it's not necessary to do one new thing a day or whatever, I can do more than that if I want. Not much is actually going down, I don't think, but she's enjoying sucking and gumming on them.

Oh, and she got weighed - 24 weeks and 17lb 13oz. Slightly lighter than I expected but still healthy.

Last edited:
That's a good weight njp! I bet you find she will put more on with the weaning too. Ruby was 14lb 7 1/2oz at 24 weeks I think.

Ruby's not over fond of baby porridges but loves the banana flavoured one! Infact Ruby's eaten everything we've given her except rice pudding. I'm stalled for dinners (mid day) again tho im going to make a few things up this weekend and freeze some, stews etc.

Oh wow bless frankie with her 2 teeth! Did she struggle with them coming through?

Snap! Imogen was 17lb 13 on Tuesday when I got her weighed and 69am length wise!

2teeth..wow go Frankie, yeah did they come quietly or were there tears ?

We had another good night with exactly the same pattern, will it be three for three tonight. Fx..although at my folks tonight so she may be a bit messed out of routine.

How much is Stacey drinking and when?

I'm drinking plenty lol. Ruby has around 4-5oz every 4 hours ish. She used to have 5oz every 3 hours so she's just spreading them out more. Sometimes she will drink the full 5oz and other times she will only take 3-4. In the night she's having one bottle, we make a 6oz but she usually takes 5oz only sometimes takes 6oz.

She's so cute, this morning she's waving at herself in our fire. it's shiny black and wall mounted so when she's sat in her activity station she can see herself in it

How did last night go apple. That's funny that Imogen and frankie both weight the same. How many weeks is Imogen now? What size clothes is she wearing?

Ruby's still in 3-6. I really want to buy clothes for our September holiday but I still don't know what size she will be! So annoying

Hi ladies! It's so lovely to hear how you and your babies are all getting on.
Stacey, I can't believe Ruby is waving, that's so clever! Her waving at her reflection must be so cute.
All the babies are fab weights. I haven't had mine weighed since she was 12 weeks and she's almost 28 weeks now. I think she's around 17lbs when I've weighed myself then weighed her. She was born bordering the 2nd/9th centile and now it's comfortably in the 50th so I feel happy about that. We've started weaning and so far so good, she seems to like most things.
My little one can sit up unaided and can army crawl which has caused a few little strops from her big sister as A crawls over and nabs a toy or knocks over a tower. A is also trying her very best to pull herself up but still very very wobbly. Her sleeping is still poor and we co-sleep. Also no teeth yet! Frankie is such a big girl with 2 little teeth!!

I hope you've all got a few little summer breaks coming up?xx

It's super cute it makes me smile every time :)

Aw bless her crawling! Ruby's bum goes in the air when she's laid on her tummy but I'm not sure she's going to crawl she always wants to be stood up and is quite strong on her legs. We shall see.

We're going to the east coast over Father's Day weekend and were going to Marbella in September can't wait :) have you planned a trip away?

Ruby has a mothercare photo shoot today, we get one digital photo included. I'm going to use it for a Father's Day gift. Going to dress Ruby in a nautical jasper conran dress that daddy bought her and use a beach ball and bucket and spade for props seen as we will be at the seaside for Father's Day.

The teeth were surprisingly easy. She was grouchy last Thursday a bit and then I noticed them ever so slightly poking through on the Friday morning but nothing excessive. She had a few grumbles over the weekend but I used a bit of teething gel and she was fine.

She seems to have a sweet tooth like her mummy - likes mango and banana! I spoon fed her mashed mango today and she was trying to grab the bowl when I stopped to take a bite of my food.

My HV wouldn't measure Frankie's length, they said they only do it at 1 year because it's not good to keep stretching them out all the time...? But I will do it at home soon anyway, what a strange thing to say. Frankie has some 12-18month clothes, it's ridiculous. She's all body with tiny little legs. I've bought some thinner nappy boosters though so most of her 9-12s are fitting her a bit longer.

Goat that is a fantastic increase on the centiles! She's coming along well by the sounds of it, you won't get a minute's peace now she's on the move as well as her sister.

Frankie can only just roll over front and back but I think it's often an accident and she looks quite shocked when it happens and sometimes she gets stuck on her front. I know she'll be slower to move with her feet being in the bar though, so I'm not worried about rushing her.

No summer breaks here yet, we are meant to be going away but haven't got around to booking anything.

That's great she didn't struggle with her teeth. Ruby was crying in her sleep last night we think it's her teeth but still can't see anything.

They were Ruby's favourites banana and mango now she will eat most things. Banana is still a fave!

12-18 clothes wow I can't believe the size difference in different shops tho it's silly.
Ruby will be wearing a 6-9 dress today we have a 3yr old birthday party today, Ruby's first party :) it's the only thing of her 6-9 clothes that will fit. It's jasper conran we got from debenhams.

She wore the dress for a photo shoot we had done at pixie photos in mothercare. I wouldn't reccomend it!! I took props with me (windmill, bucket a spade and a teddy we had bought my oh) to use in the shoot like a beach theme as will be on holiday for Father's Day. Well they then told me the complimentary photo I got as part of the price i paid is the first photos they take and it's just a portrait shot and I couldn't put the props in! I said this wasn't stated when I booked it if id known I wouldn't have bothered. I told her why I wanted the pic so manager came over and eventually said I could do the shot I wanted. Then when she showed me the pic it had their logo on the bottom! I wasn't happy with that so she took it off. They emailed the picture to you. A lot of hassle really from them! We were there ages and Ruby was getting grumpy, I told her not to waste time taking lots of diff pics cos I wouldn't be buying anymore and she said it's ok we do it anyway grrr!

I'm looking forward to our home photo shoot next week Now as the photographer is fab and her pics are cheap so can buy a few from her :)

Just had to share because I'm so pleased Ruby slept through last night yey!!
She was asleep by 8pm, did a little cry in her sleep at 9.30 but then slept until 6.30am this morning :)

Hi how is everyone?

Stacey, has the pattern of sleeping continued well? They always hassle for that photoshoot in Mothercare, it irritates me. I'd have stayed clear anyway but will definitely after hearing your experience of it. Have you had the at home shoot now?

We are well into the food thing here, now. As well as a range of fruit and veg, she's having toast, mashed potato and baby biscuits. She's enjoying everything except tomato, only tried that once though so will give it a go again soon.

We went for her 3 month review of the boots and bar and the foot hasn't corrected properly, which it should have done before even getting the boots on. So she's back in casts, will have the tendon cut in a couple of weeks and then will have to go back to full time boots. To say I'm pissed off is an understatement, she was meant to have the tendon cut at the beginning of March so we've basically wasted 3 months. She should only have to wear the boots during sleeping by now, not during the day and that's what she'll be going back to. And to top it off, my claim for DLA was rejected because apparently, having both feet tied together for most of the day is not disabling enough. Though that's not how they put it, obviously but that's how I see it.

She's going through a really lovely phase, 6 month babies are cute! Very curious about everything. Does anyone else find it hard to get things done? She wants to play with things but once they roll out of reach she gets cranky and I seem to spend ages going back and giving her her toys back. I might put up the travel cot and fill it with toys, see if she manages better in there while I'm doing chores.

Hello no the good sleeping didn't continue :/ she was up 5 times Tuesday but slept through again Wednesday with no stirring or crying at all but then back to a few wake ups each night since then.
She will get there soon, at least we know she is able to do it lol.

That's really disappointing to hear about frankies boots! I would be speaking to someone higher up to ask why the boots were put on if the casts hadn't worked properly!
Poor frankie having to have her tendon cut. Hopefully they will get it right this time.

We had the home photo shoot it was great I think I will want to buy lots of pics! The dog even got in, he went up and licked Ruby's ear and she did the biggest smile and chuckle can't wait to see them.

I'm loving Ruby at this age she's just so funny. She's a little monkey I think she's going to be cheeky. She's not too bad at playing on her own, she does drop toys but will find something else to play with. She doesn't like been in the room on her own for long tho which makes getting things done difficult. Good idea with the travel cot, let me know how it goes.

That's great with the foods I havnt tried like a slice of tomato but I've made tomato based sauces and Ruby enjoys them.

I think I have too much time on my hands I've started planning Ruby's birthday already! Lol I've bought all the plates and napkins and have bought banners and party bags. I've even been googling foods to make. I'm going for a princess theme.
Just not too sure what to buy her! And with Xmas the month after it's going to be hard to think of things. I don't want to get too carried away with buying random things.

Oh that's a shame about the sleeping! Glad it's not just me though. Frankie is sleeping much better with the cast on than she does with the boots and bar, only waking twice usually. But that doesn't really make me happy as she has to have the boots and bar on until she's 5 and I just can't see how I can survive these bad nights for so long. Hopefully as she gets older and more mobile she'll be able to find comfortable positions.

Ah, the dog and baby photos will be lovely, her first best friend. That's what I tell Frankie, that the doggie is going to be her best friend, after me of course.

Can't believe you're planning the party already, haha! I know what you mean about the birthdays being close to Christmas. Mine is late November though and I never minded. Our stepkids are all late winter/early spring so it's similar with them just the opposite way around. I haven't even spent Frankie's Easter giftcards because I know it's months to her birthday and I'd rather wait until I see something she could really use instead of buying for the sake of it. They're for the ELC and it's £50 so it will come in useful soon. At the minute she's happy with a few rattles and soft toys to throw around.

Oh bless her I'm sure she will begin to find comfy positions and she will get used to the cast and bar being there. How long does she have to have the cast on for?

Ruby's been quite grumpy this last week and has been difficult to settle at night. Think it's her teeth. She's refusing her dummy and when she does take it shes really chewing on it. We're using the parsons sachets but she still seems troubled. She's not drinking very much milk but seems ok at meal times with food, but not always as much. She has been sick quite a few times too and Ruby's not usually a sicky baby. It's been quite hot too so not sure if that's affecting her. Is it sunny by you?

I know I'm mad lol since she's been born I've been looking forward to planning her birthdays! I love childrens party's. I'm not spending a fortune that's why I'm buying things as I see them when they are in the sale or at a good price.

We've been to a pottery decorating place today to decorate a photo frame for the picture I had taken of Ruby at pixi photos for fathers day. She was so funny with the paints! We did her hand and foot print and then let her finger paint a coaster how she wanted. It was a dear doo but they will look good when they've been glazed.

Forgot to say fab about the vouchers! She will get lots of nice things with them. Ruby has lots of toys already the house looks like a nursery lol

The cast got changed this week, next week she has her tendon cut and another cast for 3 weeks. Then back into the boots full time again :/ Don't know how long that will be for yet.

Has Ruby got teeth? Frankie wasn't very unsettled as hers came through but she did have flushed cheeks. I haven't used teething meds much.

It has been lovely weather here, very sunny. My pushchair parasol is crap though, so sometimes Frankie gets blinded by the sun.

That sounds like a lovely father's day present for your oh. I'd forgotten it was father's day actually, my dad is away and not big on it anyway.

Frankie has seriously got into the food thing. We've gone from tasting new things to shovelling all sorts in! She stole a slice of bread off my sandwich the other day and before I realised, she'd wolfed half of it down! Recently she's been screaming after I feed her and I haven't known what was wrong. Tonight I gave her a bit extra off my plate and it quietened her. Once she was finished, she screamed some more and ended up eating half a banana. So I think I've been seriously underestimating her appetite and need to start proper meals not just little bits to taste.

Hello..it's so nice to see you two still chatting..I haven't checked on here for ages assuming it would of gone dead...but yay!

Well done Frankie on the teeth...and the eating!

Stacey I have booked the photo shoot for mother are this Friday, Imogen is sitting up and has really curly hair now so I'm hoping its a nice stage to get photos,,.

So sleep is bad again, but I'm sure it's her teeth..she is crying through the night in pain and still no sign.
We are enjoying weaning here, she seems to be interested in all the food, don't think there is anything she has refused yet..I'm being a bit boring just giving basic purée....oh saying that recommend breadsticks, for a snack and to keep the little ones quiet. Xx

Aw Imogen is so cute! Love her curls. Ruby's hair is starting to get longer and is flicking out a bit I'm hoping it's going to curl, mines curly.

Hope you enjoy the shoot. Ruby's sleep is hit and miss we're guessing teeth tho. Although she slept through again last night! Whoo 8pm til 6.10am :)

No njp no teeth yet, I can't really see anything either. I thought her gums felt a little bumpy but can't see any white.

Aw bless frankie maybe she was still hungry as that's why she was crying. I never know how much to give Ruby. The only thing she really finishes is her porridge/weetabix at breakfast. The other meals she never eats it all bit will eat a good amount.

I bought a sun brolly off ebay. It was supposed to be universal! It didn't fit our silver cross pram and when I was changing the position the bendy bit (which wasn't very bendy!) snapped In half!! I got a refund.

I've just ordered a cosatto sun shade that looks good it's a similar size to a car window shield and just clips onto the hood of the pram or the side, where ever if will attatch to really. It folds down really small too. It was £9.95 from amazon. Hope it works!

My 'universal' parasol didn't fit my pushchair either, I've looked at a few now and not many do. There is a mothercare universal clip which seems to but they only had horrible coloured parasols in when I looked. Let me know how the sunshade goes, I did look at that.

Apple, Imogen is gorgeous! I love that one of her sitting up! Is she starting to stand now too? She'll be on the move soon, you won't be able to keep up!

Stacey, can you see the shape of any teeth in the front of the gum? I didn't notice until they came through but the outline shows under the gum. Now I can see it, I've noticed it on Frankie's top gum but they haven't broken through at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back