Nice stories...

Steelgoddess

Reaction score
I thought it might be nice to do a post kind of like a positive post...

As you know we have many women here who have miscarried but have gone on to have healthy children I would love to hear about these stories.

I guess its something for me to look forward to and im sure some of you other ladies feel the same?

Sometimes when we are going through a tough time we need positive stories, kind of like a light at the end of the tunnel.

I'd like to say im sorry to hear of everyones recent losses. We will get through this girls I think we need to just progress and give ourselves time

xHugs and kissesxx :hug:

oh il start hun even though i havent had my baby yet
i had a d&c on 15th may 2007 after finding out no baby had grown inside me only an empty sac it was devistating
told my hubby i dont want to try for anougher baby but we also wasnt using anything
first month goes by fine body was just getting back to normal
second month goes by feeling much better about everything
then 2 weeks later i started getting sore boobs, feeling sick and going off food my first thought was oh no.
i was terrified i dint say anything to hubby about it for 2 weeks then he guessed something was up
i said id give it a week if no af il test but a kind lady from here sent me some tests in the post i couldnt resist that afternoon i did one and it came up dark possitive line withing seconds
i couldnt belive it i showed hubby he was in denial even said the test was wrong and did one himself men :roll:
but it wasnt all happy and gleefull from there i was stricken with panic every small twinge i worried
i lost all my symtoms at week 8 and i was completly terrifed tried to get an early scan but couldnt so we went private and at 9 and a half weeks i see my baby there on the screen wriggling about
i thought i would explode with happiness hubby threw up he was so happy
but its not over for us i will always worry that something has/is going wrong even thoguh i no its all fine
so thats my story i just hope some of you take that and see that there is hope for us all we will all oneday get our babies
it wont be easy when you next get your bfp but it will all be fine
sorry to have rambled on just thought it was a lovely idea
manda xx

Manda thanks for your story
x

Please keep them coming girls, I hope this hasnt upset anyone?>

:oops:

I miscarried back in Feb at 8 1/2 weeks and im now 25 weeks pregnant with a healthy little girl :)

omg it only took you about another 6 weeks then happy chick?

your babs must be due about when my little one would have been due then, my due date was 12 Jan :)

When I miscarried 19/02/07 I bled for around 6 weeks afterwards which was tough, it finally stopped then my period arrived around a week later. We started TTC after my period and got a BFP that month (01/05/07) so we were really lucky to catch so quick as we really didnt expect to.

Yeah my due date is 10th Jan katyk :hug:

I miscarried at 8 weeks in Dec 05, 3 days before xmas, it was really upsetting time and although my DH was fantastic I really wanted to see my mum but couldnt, anyway we started ttc again after 1st 'normal' period and it took us 8 months, now have a beautiful 4 month old daughter. I did worry throughout the pregnancy and for the 1st 12 weeks was forever going to the bathroom to check if there was any blood etc (sorry if that's tmi), I spent the whole time worrying cause I didnt feel baby kick much but the good thing here is you have a scan every month so I would feel quite relieved for 2 weeks and then start worrying all over again!!!! :doh: anyway all the worrying was worthwhile

Hiya honey :)

I had two m/c last year. The second one really effected me, I had a small breakdown and needed professional help to get back on my feet.
Luckily, I have the support of a wonderful psychotherapist who has helped me work through my feelings.

He suggested it may be a nice idea to do a symbolic act near the due date of the baby I lost, to lay my baby to rest.
I went to Durham Cathedral (a very special place to me for lots of reasons) and I lit a candle for the two babies I lost. I am not a 'religious' person, but I am very spiritual (if that makes sense - I believe in God, but I have no interest in organised religion) I prayed for my babies and I asked God to look after them. I also asked for another baby.
One week later, on the date my second baby would have been due, I conceived a third child. (I had an OPK to confirm :) )
I think that was just magical, as if someone was listening.

It has been a scary first tri, but I am feeling much more confident now we have had a dating scan and baby is alive and well.

This is my own little miracle. I have seen so many people on this forum have their own miracles too after sad losses.

Don't ever give up hope :hug: :hug:

Thanks everyone for the lovely stories it makes me feel alot better and that there is some hope...

x

well my story is a bit long, i cant remember exact dates but here goes; i had my first m/c in jan 2002 at about 7 weeks it was a blightened ovum and it was only picked up at a scan, my second m/c was in aug2002 i was about 9 weeks it was missed m/c that was picked up at scan again, i had 2 scans b4 this and the baby was doing fine and the heart beat was picked up but at my 9 week scan the baby had stopped growing at 8 weeks and there was no heart beat, i then got pregnant again about a month after this and had a healthy 9 month pregnancy, my little girl was born in June 2003, she is now 4yrs old, through this pregnancy i had weekly scans from very early on, i was expecting bad news every time i went for a scan but everything was great, i stopped worrying after about 14 ish weeks when i could feel her moving, i wouldn't get out of bed in the morning until i felt her move, after i had my daughter i fell pregnant a month later and again had weekly scans and everything was fine again, my daughter was born in may 2004 and is now 3yrs. This year we decided to have another but i had another m/c in january which was picked up at scan again at about 10 weeks, again the baby was doing fine until about 9 weeks, we tried again straight away i fell pregnant after a couple of months, again i had regular scans and the baby was doing fine, i stopped worrying when i got to 12 weeks, then in august for the first time i went to my next scan without worry but found out that it wasnt going as it should, the baby had heart problems and wouldnt survive, so we decided to kindest thing was to let it go, we are currently ttc again, i dont know if my story is a happy one as such, but i just wanted people to know that although i have had 4 losses i have 2 great little girls, so please dont anyone give up there is great hope that you will eventually get there, it might not be as easy as you thought and you may need to go through pain but you will get there .

claire
xx

Here's mine!

I lost my fist baby at around 7/8 weeks in Nov 2001. I was due at jury service on the day I lost and my OH had to drag me to the hospital, mainly because I wanted to ignore what was happening and carry on as normal! At the hospital I was given a scan and also an internal scan and was told that indeed my womb was empty so looked as though I had m/c but the sonographer was worried about my tube as she could see something there and was concerned I may have an ectopic.

So, that night I was admitted to hospital and taken down to theatre for a laproscopy to check my womb and tubes. Next day I had news that the surgeon had found nothing anywhere so i had m/c.

Now it gets strange!! I had to have blood tests done to be sure the HCG levels were consistent with m/c and when I had first one done it confirmed that I had been pregnant but I would have to have tests done every other day for a week. 3 days after my operation I was sent for a scan as my HCG level had actually RISEN! The scan showed I was carrying a 5 WEEK OLD FOETUS!!! Now nobody could explain this to me, how a scan and laproscopy just 3 days before had missed this!!

I had the most heartless of doctors say to me after that scan, " Well, seeing as you are bleeding now, the foetus will just come away with that." !!! So within the space of a week I had lost 2 babies!!

After the upset I asked my partner if it would be ok to not be intimate for awhile and he was very supportive. I was frightened of falling pregnant again so soon after. So we waited for my period to return so I could go on the pill. By March of 2001 I still hadn't had a period and was getting worried so went to the docs who told me that going upto 3/4 months without a period after m/c wasn't unusual so I was just to wait. Within weeks of the appt with the docs I began to crave Nik Nak crisps and minestrone soup (which I detest!) so I felt I should do a HPT.

I bought 2 tests and did them 2 mornings in a row..both were positive!! When I told the doctor all she said was congratulations.

The weird thing is that when I had my dating scan the date we would have conceived our daughter was when I was m/c the previous Nov and knowing that we didn't have sex until after New Year and even then with protection, that just wasn't possible!!

My daughter, SOPHIA, was born in Sept overdue and during labour there were problems with her heartbeat. When she was born the midwife inspected the placenta and said that I seemed to be a lot more overdue than I was told as the placenta was grey and gritty which would be why my daughter's heartbeat had been so weak as the placenta wouldn't have been giving her the things she needed!

SOPHIA is now 6 years old and I also have a son who is almost 3!! To me SOPHIA was a miracle baby as we didn't even b/d to have her! Unless of course I was carrying twins when I m/c and that little 5 week old foetus they found held on for dear life and is alive and kicking now! We shall never know!

I wish all you girls the VERY BEST of luck with conceiving, it WILL happen!!!

Wow, what an amazing story soulem, a true miracle! :hug:

In fact all the stories are giving me hope, so thank you for sharing...

OMIGOD! these stories are bloody brilliant.

I hope no one minds me saying but isnt it amazing how we can find some positive out of negative??

Soulem your story was fab!!

Claire im so sorry to hear you had so many losses... Did they ever find out why you were miscarrying?

I guess the moral of the story is if at first you don;t suceed try try again.!

Thanks ladies!!!

x

Em she must have been the 5 week old baby and survived :cheer:

That's what I have always believed KatyK, but the docs have never gone with it!!!

It would definitely have been twins anyhow as when I m/c I actually saw the foetus (sorry if TMI).

SOPHIA is a fighter now!! Very defiant and quite a head strong girl (we clash ALL the time..the joys of having a 6 year old girl!) So for that reason I wouldn't be surprised if she had survived all the bleeding I went through with a "Give your worst" attitude!!! :D

That's an amazing story soulem, miracle baby indeed!

Steelgoddess said:
Claire im so sorry to hear you had so many losses... Did they ever find out why you were miscarrying?

I guess the moral of the story is if at first you don;t suceed try try again.!

Thanks ladies!!!

x

no we never found out why we have had pathology done on the babies and genetic testing done on me and dh but all were normal, i am actually looking into it my self now, i know that 2 of the losses were boys so im looking into it being related to this, but the hospital wont take me up on it, so i am in contact with a consultant in the states to get this test done.Can you beleive the hospitals answer is that its just been very bad luck :x

I would deff say try try again, i dont want to sound cold or detatched from my losses each one has had a great effect on me but it does get a 'bit' easier after each one.

This was an excellent idea! It definatly gives me some hope for the future. Thanks everyone! :)

Has really helped me to read this that there is indeed hope after a loss

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back