Nervous!! and Panicing!!

MrsK

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, havent been on in a few weeks so hope all of you are well!!
I have a real Dilemma I am now 25 weeks pregnant and havent told my work as yet but know full well I have until Saturday to break the big news!! Mainly the reason I didnt tell is because my first little boy was born 2 months premature and the hospital have been keeping a close eye on me just in case this happens again as they try to prevent this, me and my partner decided to wait until our 20 week scan before telling other friends etc (except for close family) just to be 100% sure all is coming along. However this was about a month ago and between being on holidays, off work, manager not being there I hadnt told anyone in work. Last Monday I was all set to tell when the Manager told everyone that his daughter had lost a baby that weekend and was really annoyed I just felt that I couldnt say and then he wasnt in the rest off the week.
So tommorrow is the big day for me saying I am really nervous as I have left this so long before saying and I am friendly with girls I work with so I just dont want them to think Im awful not saying! Guess who will not be sleeping tonight!

aww good luck hun! fingers crossed it goes all well!

aww good luck hun! fingers crossed it goes all well!

Thank you - I cant believe you are now 30 weeks!! Just nervous but if I explain my full story hopefully they will understand!!

first of all, bloody calm down lol

Just go in and ask if you can speak to the manager, then when you are just say I havent told you this because we have had problems in the lat pregnancy but I am pregnant and take it from there, im sure it will all be fine!!!!

Do you have your mat b1 form take that with you then it is official xx

first of all, bloody calm down lol

Just go in and ask if you can speak to the manager, then when you are just say I havent told you this because we have had problems in the lat pregnancy but I am pregnant and take it from there, im sure it will all be fine!!!!

Do you have your mat b1 form take that with you then it is official xx

Hi oh yes I have my form and a lovely wee letter stating all the facts to send to the HR Department so all prepared! Just have to get the words out in a proper order!lol
Just cant wait to get it said and done! The girls I work with really like too know everything the minute it happens and tells all their business straight away so I dont know how that will go down!!

goood luck hun! i kept quiet til 18/19 weeks this time! i wass still on mat leave so didnt want to say owt til i had my feet back under the table!! i was so so scared of telling everyyone, but it honestly wasnt bad at all! just take a deep breath and take your time :hug:

goood luck hun! i kept quiet til 18/19 weeks this time! i wass still on mat leave so didnt want to say owt til i had my feet back under the table!! i was so so scared of telling everyyone, but it honestly wasnt bad at all! just take a deep breath and take your time :hug:

Thank you - you have made me feel better you waited too!! Think they will be okay at the end of the day as the company handbook in work says 'only tell when you are comfortable doing so' - so tommorrow I will be comfortable!!lol

Good luck telling them x I'm sure they'll completely understand why you haven't shared yet x

Today is the day! I have had a really restless nights sleep as this is all going through my head and now feel like throwing up with nerves!! Will be glad to get it over!!

I honestly think it will be fine and you'll come home wondering why you were so worried. And hopefully getting rid of this burden of secrecy, you can really enjoy the rest of your pregnancy openly and relaxed :)

I honestly think it will be fine and you'll come home wondering why you were so worried. And hopefully getting rid of this burden of secrecy, you can really enjoy the rest of your pregnancy openly and relaxed :)

Yes I think so too - My god how cute is your baby I just seen the picture! Absoultey perfect!! Congrats x

Really hope today goes well hun, I'm sure it will be fine - it would be very unreasonable of them to be anything but understanding when you explain your reasons for waiting to tell them!! Let us know how it goes xx

Hi, I went into and told my boss (after a morning of feeling ill with nerves!) he was great about it and couldnt stop saying Congratulations, he thought when I asked to speak to him that I was leaving so he was releived! Gave me a big hug before I left. Told all the others as well and they were all delighted and excited! So after all the drama I am now feeling great!!

take a deep breath and relax hun

good luck hun! fingers crossed

aw thats great :yay: i bt youre wondering what you were worried about now :lol: now get on and enjoy sharing the rest of your pregnancy with everyone!!

Oh well done you - what a lovely feeling, you must have a tiny bump to get away with it without being rumbeld all this time and only 100 days to go - well done

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back