Telling Work....

ASD123456

Reaction score
Hi,

My manager has know I was pregnant from the start, but the HR manager is about today so I think I might take the jump and tell her, although I am a bit apprehensive.

When did everyone tell their employers and how did it go?

A x

I told my HR department from very early on..I think I was about 8 weeks. Only because I wanted them to know from the start so I could get a risk assesment done and they knew to pay me for scan/midwife appointments.

Hmm, I'm naughty, I haven't told my boss yet, but will do on Friday as I have my 20 week scan on Thursday (my hospital didn't offer a 12 week one :cry: )

xxx

Thanks for the replies girls.

I did it, it went well. Obviously I need a risk assesment but theres not much more to be done until I get my certificate etc.

A x

i think i told work not long after my scan at 10 weeks. they were fine, there's been quite a few pregnant employees recently so they're used to it. they still won't do risk assessments though :roll:

I didn't tell my work until recently

I also had a risk assessment done before the holidays

I secretly confided in 2 work colleges then told everyone else when i had an early scan at 10 half weeks. I wasnt going to tell anyone untill i hit 3 months but i couldnt help rushing in like a demented nutter flashing my baby pics proudly I told my boss the week before my scan as you still get paid for pregnancy related gp and hospital visits. Id have owed time back if i hadnt. they were fine and have been very helpful though i havent had a official risk assesment they tell not to lift anything heavy and help me out with stuff i find difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back