NCT Class

Countrybumpkin

Reaction score
We have our first NCT class this evening, which i have been looking forward to for a few weeks, now i feel all neverous about it. :roll::)

What sort of things might i expect at the first class??

I have no advice or idea what to expect as we haven't bothered with classes either time but I hope you enjoy it! x

SmallPurpleCat, i will let you know how it goes and what sort of things to expect.

Thanks Helen.

I finished mine a couple of weeks ago

First class we introduced ourselves and then we were split into groups and asked what we would like to get out of the classes - e.g. more info on pain relief, or how to bath a baby etc

Our teacher also started explaining the process of labour and how things kick off etc

It was very informative, the time flew past, and my husband enjoyed it too.

Infact I am meeting up with the girls for lunch very shortly!

Had a lovely evening, always strange meeting new people, but had a great evening and nice to meet up with people, who are feeling very much the same as we are.

Learnt lots, we all know about labour, but do we?? Growing up on the farm, I think I do, but great to talk through it and the human version, LOL.

Was lovely to see all the men, where keen excited, but very nervous on what happens and how to support us ladies and i think after one session they all felt they where going to get alot out of the next sessions.

Pretty much the same lines as you said Rhino Horn. Thanks.

Growing up on the farm, I think I do, but great to talk through it and the human version, LOL. .

I can soo relate to this LOL Having worked with animal rescue for so long ive seen so many animals give birth and raised so many orphans, im kinda lost when it comes to humans now!! I get along better with horses than people. :p

Growing up on the farm, I think I do, but great to talk through it and the human version, LOL. .

I can soo relate to this LOL Having worked with animal rescue for so long ive seen so many animals give birth and raised so many orphans, im kinda lost when it comes to humans now!! I get along better with horses than people. :p

Haha tell me about it momma kat! My pony is my first child :) When I first got preggers my boss was like 'so when are you selling your horse?'...I nearly bit his head off lol

It amazes me how much humans worry about pregnancy and labour but animals just get on with it and it's usually fine! My main reason for going for a home birth was because I had to move my dog to a different area once while she was in labour and everything seemed to stop until she went back to where she wanted to be!

:) Glad i am not the only one who relates to the whole animal thing :whistle::roll: LOL.

Becky, i know what you mean about the whole first child being your horse :lol: . People have said are you putting your pony on loan, must be joking, he can just have a few months holiday, which i have to admit has started a couple of weeks ago. Only as there wasn't enough room between me and the saddle, LOL. He is so hairy and muddy not something i am use too, normally all clipped out and rugged by now.

One thing we can relate to animals is standing is a good thing through birth. Especially if you see a model of the human pelvis, it all makes complete sense. Seeing models, diagrams and talking it through with others, makes more sense than all the books in the world that you read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back