Decisions...

BellaRiven

Reaction score
We have ante natal classes booked for NHS and for NCT, I am not sure we need both but I don;t know what I will miss if I don;t go to the NHS ones.....

The class is tommorrow morning for the NHS one, has anyone been to both lots of them i.e NCT & NHS what do they tell you? which one was better??

I went to the NCT classes which my all accounts are more comprehensive than the NHS ones. However I wish I'd gone to the NHS ones too just because they showed you round the Birthing and Maternity ward facilities. I may actually have chosen to go elsewhere if I'd seen them before hand.

I can't help cause I've never been but I decided to give nhs ones a miss, have my nct one starting tomorrow. I said to midwife I was doing nct rather than nhs and she didn't say I would miss out on anything so here's hoping....

I looked on the NCT website and it appears they don't run any in Plymouth (seems strange to me?) so just going NHS ones- first one is tuesday, but can't advise till then xxxxx

It depends what you want - I did a 8 hour NHS active birth class which told me everything I needed to know about labour and the birth.

I am just doing nhs - I can't make the nct ones. But I'm planning on doing a postnatal nct course just so that I can meet people in my area and talk through any issues I might be having x

I did NCT ones in Plymouth furbaby it may be that they are fully booked - it might be worth giving them a call if you wanted to do them. The NCT ones were really good and I really recommend them but I didn't do NHS ones so can't compare x

I went to the nhs antenatal when pregnant with my son and I can honestly say it was the biggest pile of shite ever lol

To be fair it was when we had that bad winter with all the snow and they cut loads out of the class and said we would learn it on post-natal anyways :shock:

I loved my NCT classes this time around- as did my fiancé! It has been great on the run up to having bubba too, as I am in contact with the other 5 girls from my course, and Jeremy is in touch with a couple of the Dads too!

I would definitely recommend NCT ... Last pregnancy, I did NHS antenatal - I didn't think it was anywhere near as good. But then having said that, that was 4 and a half years ago!

Xxxx

I would suggest ringing up about the NHS ones, which i what i did. I explained that i was going on an NCT one, and the midwife said that they didn't cover anything specific about the hospital where i'm going so unless i was bothered it wasn't worth going on...i just stuck with the NCT ones.

I did the nhs ones and we found them really helpful cos we found out where the night entrance is and what they expect of us and what to expect from them too. I thinks it's also nice to meet one of the mw's who actually works on the ward and could be a familiar face at your labour :D

I do know that with the NHS ones here they don;t do the tour for the hospital I will be having babe at...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back