Off to NCT classes tonight...don't know what to expect?

jodied

Reaction score
Hi everyone
Got my first NCT class tonight and really don't know what to expect - anyone been and know what's involved? 2 hour class tonight and then another session on Saturday. Hope hubbie is going to find it helpful and not moan too much about being made to go!
Jodie x

You have just reminded me that I need to make some appointments!! xx

Can't help, Jodied but do let us know how you get on. Our NCT classes start on 20th March, which feels a bit close to our due date to me, but hey ho! Good luck. Look forward to your update.

We went to NCT classes and found them really informative. The first session was spent doing some icebreaker sessions so we got to know everyone in the group. We then discussed what we hoped to learn about and gain from the course and I think we discussed how we imagined our labour and birth would go. I remember being surprised at how quickly the 2 hours passed. I think OH enjoyed it more than he was expecting too.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Thanks everyone - that's really helpful kizzy! It starts at 7.30pm so heading off shortly - will let you all know how it goes x

Hope it goes well hun! I don't think NCT classes are available up here the cold north of Scotland lol. I could be wrong though

x x x x

It was pretty much as Kizzy said - icebreakers to get to know the other couples in the class followed by us identifying what we hope to get out of the course, our fears and hopes for labour, birth and parenthood. Then the OHs had to identify what should go in mum's, dad's and baby's hospital bags whilst the women did some stuff about pelvic floor exercises. Then a bit on hormones and how these can affect labour, some pictures of labour wards vs birthing centres and a bit about breathing. All fine, don't think it was quite as bad as hubby expected but he won't admit it! I was pleased because it means he finds out stuff that I wouldn't sit down and tell him otherwise and he wouldn't read for himself so at least I know he's finding out this way. Plus some useful bits for me too - hormone stuff was quite interesting. Also knew one of the women in the group (not seen her for years but used to have a mutual friend!). Next session on Saturday from 10am to 2pm so will see how hubby copes with a longer session then! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back