nappies

Blueclass

Reaction score
Hi girls I was wondering if you have brought any nappies? If so what size and did anyone get any good deals? Iv been looking and it says newborn says 1 al the way up to 3. I have no idea what size and want to make sure I can get a good deal. I'm pretty sure I read someone saying they got some from boots and it was something like 102 nappies for £8.00. I could be wrong tho. X

We've started buying nappies, just adding a pack to our weekly shop.
So far we've got quite a few different brands (mainly supermarket) and have brought the first size 1.
Will start buying a few of the next size up soon.

A lot of friends have said to stockpile seeing as you go through so many xx

We got pampers wen they were on offer in tescos 2 boxes of 72 nappies for 14quid beforr baby arrived we had 4 boxes of size 1's and tbh they were too big for merida an she was 7lb 3 but shes growing into them xx

I have 2 jumbo boxes of Pampers (Gumtree for a fiver!) first size, a pack of Aldi first size and a pack of Aldi size 2 (Which are both suitable for newborn confusingly). I would really like to start stocking up on them but I'm also completely unsure what size to buy - I don't want to be stuck with a million size 1's.

We're doing a mix of cloth and disposable to see what suits best - so far got 104 Naty disposable nappies for £12 in size 1. They're an eco friendly brand, so not necessarily the cheapest! Partly, obviously, for the eco side, but partly because we both have eczema, so our little 'un's bound to have sensitive skin, and these have less chemicals involved. Still deciding on the cloth, but I think I have a better idea of what I want - will be getting some soon :)

OK thanks ladies I will look on Gumtree xx

I hated pampers newborn (size 1), they didn't make a good seal round the legs so pee leaked straight out.

She was small though, (6lb 11oz BW) so maybe that's why, but Huggies size 1s fit well and didn't leak, so personally I'd go with huggies over pampers.

This time I'm doing cloth from the start so have 6 prefolds in tiny baby size (4-9lb), 3 newborn Grovia (up to 12lb), and an assortment of other cloth nappies, in either first size (7-18lb) or birth-potty (approx 8lb-35lb!)

I'm going to see the cloth nappy library person though as you can hire out a kit with everything you need, so I'm going to arrange to hire some tiny newborn size nappies (up to 8/9lb or so) starting maybe a few weeks before I'm due, so I have them ready. Then if the baby is bigger than expected or soon reaches that weight I will exchange it for a smaller kit of nappies that are size 1 or birth-potty (as I should have almost enough of those, will probably only need to borrow about 8 at most, it's just the newborn stage I might struggle with if the baby is small like my other two were as birth-potty nappies don't give a good fit on tiny newborns under 8/9lb).

She was small though, (6lb 11oz BW) so maybe that's why, but Huggies size 1s fit well and didn't leak, so personally I'd go with huggies over pampers

Another Huggies lover here.

I only switched over to supermarket when Jackson was in like size 4s so not sure how they are in the early days. I had alot of mix last time and found the Huggies a much better fit and he never wet through a huggies.

Ill be getting a pack a week in the weekly shop. Probably enough for 2 or 3 boxes of size 1s. Jackson was 7lb 3oz and was in size 1s for a while but you never know how big baby will be to start or how quick theyll grow. He was in size 1s the longest though as he got older he moved up nappy size quicker.

So Ill probably get a few boxes worth of size 1s. A few boxes of size twos and stop there. I can always resume when nearing a next size and collect some more.

xxxx

Last edited:
We've bought a couple packs of size 1 pampers sensitive new born that were on clearance. We used them last time and liked them and they'll cover the first couple of days. I'll probably buy a big pack of tesco ones at some point as we use them too and much cheaper. My mum always brought us boxes of pampers on visits last time so hoping she will do the same as they are super expensive. It's not.recommended to stock up though as different nappies suit different babies (we didn't get on with co-op or Sainsbury's) and if you have a bigger baby they might not stay on size 1 very long.

OK then thanks. Maybe il get a pack of new born and then maybe a couple of size ones and twos if they are on offer. Also my flat is tiny so ant get to many the place looks a mess already. X

I was a Huggies fan until they stopped making them and now we just use asda own brand. They have 3 for £10 at the mo so 210 size 1 nappies. The boys were in size 1 nappies for just 4-6 weeks and size 2 until 11 weeks. So I wouldn't buy loads, although I know asda will exchange their own brand unopened boxes/packs for bigger sizes as they are the same price. I plan on getting 3 packs of 1's and 3 of 2's and then just buying as we need once baby is here xx

I hated pampers newborn (size 1), they didn't make a good seal round the legs so pee leaked straight out.

She was small though, (6lb 11oz BW) so maybe that's why, but Huggies size 1s fit well and didn't leak, so personally I'd go with huggies over pampers.

This time I'm doing cloth from the start so have 6 prefolds in tiny baby size (4-9lb), 3 newborn Grovia (up to 12lb), and an assortment of other cloth nappies, in either first size (7-18lb) or birth-potty (approx 8lb-35lb!)

I'm going to see the cloth nappy library person though as you can hire out a kit with everything you need, so I'm going to arrange to hire some tiny newborn size nappies (up to 8/9lb or so) starting maybe a few weeks before I'm due, so I have them ready. Then if the baby is bigger than expected or soon reaches that weight I will exchange it for a smaller kit of nappies that are size 1 or birth-potty (as I should have almost enough of those, will probably only need to borrow about 8 at most, it's just the newborn stage I might struggle with if the baby is small like my other two were as birth-potty nappies don't give a good fit on tiny newborns under 8/9lb).

We're planning on getting some disposables to use initially but then hiring from the nappy library, but I'm not sure when to hire from! We want to start on cloth nappies as soon as we get ourselves together at home and our due date is the 20th July but baby is likely to come early. I'm going to contact them to see how muuch notice they need and whether we can extend the hire for over a month in case we get them too early xx

Yeah I made contact with the person that runs my local one and she was really nice and asked if I wanted to sort something out 'now' (meaning to meet up and talk kits, decide which to get etc,) but I felt it was too soon as I was only about 21 weeks when I messaged her.

But I need to get back to her really and arrange a time to see her and can discuss what she has available.
My main issue is if the baby is pretty small as I know cloth didn't fit K very well til she was around 9lb+ but then I only had regular first size cloth, not really any specifically newborn ones. The only ones that fit well from being tiny were kissaluvs but they are US made and hard to find/get hold of (or at least I've not had much joy). I did have one other nappy that was really good but can't for the life of me remember the make lol. Could even have been a WAHM nappy as I bought a few of those off Ebay.

Also I will apologise now and say I am out of the loop with disposables... I thought pampers size 1s were newborn? Is newborn different? My daughter definitely had the smallest size pampers (not including prem or micro ones obviously).
And I hadn't realised they'd stopped making huggies. Really? That surprises me. I much prefered Huggies when DD was newborn.

Last edited:
Jesus I didnt notice they stopped huggies and I used them. I switched over to angels or aldi though... Dunno what we will go with now..

xxxx

Well.... I just contacted the nappy library, then I was looking at different nappies thinking about which I'd like to borrow, and saw that Tots bots Teenyfit nappies are half price (£6 each rather than £12 each).
So I've just gone and bought 5 *oops*
LOL

So, still going to see the cloth nappy lady, but might not need to loan any after all as I've accidentally managed to build up quite a stash haha

Back to disposables though, I really liked Moltex nappies (eco disposables) and they are reasonably priced. If I needed 'sposies I'd probably go with them since huggies aren't available now.

It's been a good few years since Huggies were discontinued here, I have seen them in Costco though if you have or know anyone with a membership xx

Ohh i can get one through my work... A bit of a trekk for nappies though. Prob get a mixture.

xxxx

Havnt even thought abt them, always liked pampers with my boys, not that was 11 and 9 years ago, I'm sure some of the other brands are now just as good, will maybe stock up on a mix, better get on with it soon!

I have 3 packs of pampers size 1 simply because those were the ones I got on with the best when S was a baby. I hated huggies, leaked all the time and didn't fit very well. One brand I loved were the "toujour" I think from Lidl and they were very cheap and pretty good!

Can you buy eco friendly nappies at supermarkets (disposable)? I am in two minds about disposable and reusable but of course I want to do my bit for the planet and use eco disposables if I can find them! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back