Nappies

lizylou

Reaction score
Hi ladies
Just wondered if anyone has started buying nappies yet and how you decided how many of which size to get?
Also with wipes too
I have so far brought a 12 pack box of wipes on offer from tesco for £10
Also 2 boxes of size 1 nappies but don't know how many more to get
Please any advice would be great x

with my daughter i got 3 boxes of the first few sizes. it was a godsend to have. wipes you can never have enough of. ill be starting to stok up on nappies and wipes soon. x

I've only just started buying nappies and wipes so don't have many yet but don't wana buy too many nappies incase a particular brand aren't right for baby. We live a 2min walk away from tesco so hubby can nip out and buy them anytime x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Yeah I had that idea that's why I just got 2 boxes of 70 I think of size 1
I don't want to over buy if they don't suit baby or baby gets big quick lol
I'll deff be getting some more wipes
I got the johnsons bath set in a box which was good on offer at asda for £15 good starter kit x

I have bought 2x Pampers new borns and 1x Asda little angels newborns, we used vouchers to get 2x Huggies newborn. I have about 8 packs of Simple baby wipes and I won’t be getting anymore, we would like to switch to reusable nappies after the first month or so. Like Jayjay I don’t want to go overboard with nappies in case a specific brand does not suit LO. xx

Last edited:
I had a voucher for a free pack of Huggies newborn so I have picked them up and then I must confess to having a bit of a spree! I now have about 120 size 1 and 200 size 2 - Oooops!
My son was born at 26weeks and was on pampers micro, I am being optimistic that this one stays in for the duration!

So far I have 5 packs size 1 and 2 packs size 2. My lo was in the micro nappies for about 8 wks (he had no waist or bum) as the size 1s swamped him!!

THe best priced ones I've seen are ALdi they have the packs of 27 or 30 i forgot for £1.70 the pampers ones are £3.71 for the same ones.

I use the aldi nappies on my ds and they were the best!!!! I've got some of the newborn ones this time!

How do u calcualte how many to buy if you want to stock up. I want to stock up while I am on full pay so how many size 1s and 2s roughly is there anyway to really know?

I started stocking up at about 20weeks.
I didn't buy loads of the first size as my Lo's are usually pretty big so not in them too long.
I have 5 packets of size 1 nappies, 3packets pampers (27nappies in each) and 2 packets of huggies (27in each)

2 big packets of pampers size 2 nappies (60 odd in each) and a box of 90 odd huggies in size 2

2 big boxes of pampers nappies in size 3 (90 odd in each) in size 3 and a big packet of huggies in size 3

have 27packets of wipes so far lol (prob buy more) wipes are pampers, huggies, johnsons, boots and asda

I will just go in Aldi then and do that :) not gonna pay for the pampers

Asda baby event ends today I think so grab some offers while they have them on too
Thanks for the aldi tip will go there tomorrow : ) x

I'm hoping to use reusable nappies so will only buy a couple of boxes of the first size for the beginning. x

I am disturbed by the idea of reusables although I should be ecofriendly, they just trouble me

Im not going to buy loads of nappies, as I read on here the other day that a woman bought loads of them for her LO and they went to waste as they grew out of them within days! I'll buy a box of them but thats it. I can always go get more if needed. I'll buy plenty of wipes as it doesnt matter what size they are, but babies grow so quick its a waste of money buying so many before hand! x

Have only bought a couple of the huggies newborn starter kits so far, but they are such great value! Got them in the asda baby and toddler event, they are £3, you get 27 nappies, 1 pack of wipes and a pack of new 60 cotton sheets to use instead of cotton wool, then you get vouchers for £/€2 off huggies newborn nappies, £/€1 off wipes, £/€1 off kleenex balsam tissues and £/€2 off little swimmers, all for £3!!! Amazing!! Got about 6 of these last time and will be getting more when the event is on again :D x x

I buy a pack with every big shop, always have done with each of my pregnancies and it worked well. I get a pack of newborn, some first size and then some of the next size up x

I've been doin same as Cosmic since 20 week scan. Just want to make sure have ones while still on full pay.

I plan to start thinking about this after our 20 week scan.

I won't go mad with wipes though as I think it's recommended you use just cotton wool and warm water to wipe the babies bums in the first few weeks....

xxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back