naming your lost baby

pink_sparkles

Reaction score
ive heard as part of the grieving process and to help get over the loss of a child is to name ur baby, even at an early stage, has anyone done this? obviously this is done along with other help and support rather than calling ur baby "it" or "the baby"

this is my first known miscarrige and not quite sure what to do with myself, i had to have an injection as my loss was a type of ectopic so it was a long process and went on for almost 3 weeks my hormone levels are now dropping dramatically and even tho my baby had died it was also a stcky one, didnt seem to want to leave my body even after the injection it took over a week before it started to shift so during this time i still felt pregnant in a way and a motherly connection was there even tho my baby wasnt alive, or at least as far as i know, they never found the baby hence a type of ectopic, anyway yeah has anyone used names to help? i still felt my baby was a person and a life and hate referin to it as "it" as i said

Hey sorry about your loss hun! I didn't name the baby as I was only 5 weeks when I mc. I still call it my baby tho! X

We called our miscarried baby 'spot' and planted a small tree in the garden as a reminder of what we lost!

I think naming your baby is a lovely thing to do :hug:

i've heard of people naming their losses and planting trees like mdsremos said! on some people's signatues i've seen things like their little angels etc. so naming your lost one sounds like a lovely idea to me :)

i'm so sorry about your loss hun. :hug: xxxxxxxx

I had a missed miscarriage and found out at 12 week scan baby had died at 10 weeks. I chose to name the baby Olivia x it's what feels right to you x if it feels right to name them then go for it x if not then don't feel you have to x

Pink sparkles - like Helen says , you do what you feel is right, My Missed MC happened at 11 plus 5 , and I decided to call the baby Angel ( I knowk not very original but would cover a boy or girl) decided not to choose a sex as that would make me personally feel worse, and the same for a full child name.

You call the baby whatever feels right for you , or not , it's all about your own rememberance X

i called my lost babt trinity n put a rememberance tree in our garden n a blue n pink plants helps me with grieving. lost my bby at 12 weeks, sorry to hear of ur loss hun, thinkin of you xx

aww its quite nice what some do for remeberence, planting trees etc

I didn't name mine. However, i've ordered a nice piece of jewellery. Something to remind me of the baby I lost. Something I can always wear as a reminder. I chose a really nice bracelet.

I really like the idea of planting something but I don't have a garden and I'm planning on moving soon. I want something a little more permanent as a reminder.

I called my baby that I lost tori grace! I was only 6 weeks so didn't know if it was a she or he but fell in love with that name!! If I'm ever talking about my loss I say tori to people!
Like everyone else has said do what you feel is right for you x x

I called my baby that I lost tori grace! I was only 6 weeks so didn't know if it was a she or he but fell in love with that name!! If I'm ever talking about my loss I say tori to people!
Like everyone else has said do what you feel is right for you x x

i didnt know the sex of my lil un but we wanted a girl an we had a girls name sorted unfortunaltly miscarried but when i tel people there say like i didnt know the sex so why give the baby a name she was my baby an i will cale the baby wat we lost what i like its helped me grieve people that say why this an why that have no respect and do not understand.
They maybe gone but never forgotten xx

Sorry for your loss - i hope that i don't have to go through anything that that.

My sister in law had a few miscarriages and she gave them all the same name, which was the same name her mum had used when she had a miscarriage.

One of my friends had an ectopic pregnancy that ended with surgery and she didn't name the pregnancy, but will plant a tree for it. She planted a tree for her first child so it is a nice sentiment to still give it a tree.

I had a MMC and found out at 12 weeks scan, we said it looked like a bud on the scan so then when we talked about it we said " our little bud"

I think planting something and a name like ours or of your choice is lovely.

hugs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back