I'm lost

Beanne

Reaction score
I feel broken and lost. Here is my story....

My husband and I have been trying to have a baby since 2010, I had a suspected ectopic in Feb 2010 at 7 weeks, which I went on to miss carry naturally, in Dec 2011 I miss carried at just over 4 weeks pregnant. Just last month (May 2012) we found out I was pregnant, but due to abdominal pain I had to go to my local early pregnancy unit, my hormone levels were doubling as they should and it was all very positive, my pain went away and they decided to scan me when I was 7 weeks along. Unfortunately I started to bleed and experience abdominal pain again a week before my scan date, after more blood tests, scans and heavy bleeding I was told I would have to have surgery. My baby was in my right tube, both were removed a day before I was due to be scanned.

Before my surgery I had bleed so much that I knew my baby was not going to make it but I had no time to come to terms with this as I was rushed into hospital. I am recovering physically but inside I feel broken and empty, I don't know how to feel better, I can't even remember how I moved on with previous losses, this somehow feels different. I'm scared that I will never have any children, doctors said that my chances are not diminished now that I only have one tube and I know I should count myself lucky that my tube did not rupture, but I'm finding it all very difficult to look on the bright side at the moment. My poor husband doesn't know what to do with me, all I do is cry and clam up when he wants to talk about it and I know this isn't helping him. My friends and family don't seem to understand, they just say 'next time will be different', but they have said this every time and each time it has resulted in loss. I don't know anyone who has gone through this before. I see pregnant people and people with small children every turn I take and I can feel myself getting all bitter and twisted about it, I don't want to turn into a horrible person!

I'm sorry if I've rambled on, any advice is much appreciated.

So sorry to hear what you have been through.
Unfortunately I do not have any advise for you as I don't have any first hand experience of anything like this, I just didn't want to read and run.
All I can say is please do not give up hope. After reading what some of the other ladies here have been through they are an inspiration and I am sure there is someone here that can offer you the advice and support you need.
Look after yourself xx

Hi Hun, don't loose hope I know this is a hard thing to go through , I had one mc, one baby then 2 mc so not the same but I know the feeling of peiple not understanding and partners coping in different ways.. Also I do know someone who had fertility treatment for years then had to have an ovary removed and then fell pregnant after they told her she would never conceive !! Just wait until u feel better in yourself and ready to try and then try using opk so u time it right as it will be harder with one tube but just keep hope .. so sorry for your losses.. X

Im so sorry for your losses honey! I havd had a natural mc so dont have any exerience that is similar but do inderstand the feeling of loss and wanting to givè up! Takd tkme for you and OH and grieve and get stronger! Xxx

Hi Beanne :hugs:

It's a horrible thing to go through. Both my MCs were natural so my experience was a little different. But the bitterness you feel to certain people I totally understand. I don't have the small children one yet but I'm sure that will change next week.

Take time to rest and cry as much as you want. I find the days I cry the most and don't hold back I have more good days after that.

Hi hun I'm in the same boat 3 mc's and 1 ectopic and we are still TTC our baby I'm not giving up one day I will get our baby. Hope your ok pm me if you want to chat x x

Sorry for your losses sweetie.
There are lots of positive stories on here, so keep the faith.
I will get easier, but take time to grieve and be good to yourself.
Try and open up to hubby, it will help. He is grieving too I'm sure, I know my hubby was a mess but wanted to be strong for me iykwim, but it is good to air your feeling to each other :hugs:
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back