Name chosen...now for the spelling!

I like Teddy. I think most people would naturally spell it this way so although Teddie is more original, you and he will be constantly annoyed at people getting it wrong. My friend called her daughter Milly but most people spell it Millie and she gets so cross when she gets work home from school or party invitations with it spelt wrong!

Glad you and OH are only quibbling on spelling tho, it's such a relief when you decide on a name you both like!

I prefer Teddy as someone else said Teddie looks like a girls name to me sorry

It's up to you, I think Teddy could become a bit young for him when he gets older, but then again, Teddie, might be more feminine like said... :wall: What a hard one. But me, I would say go with Teddie. :clap:

Teddy for me, it looks right and will prevent endless frustration at having to spell and correct it all the time. I don't think of a teddy bear anyway so it makes no difference to me in that way- I think of Teddy Sheringham.

This is just my opinion and whadda I know but if it was me I'd go with Edward as its so much more sophisticated for a young man, he's gonna be an adult a lot longer than a child and u can call him teddy anyway. If I was to choose between the 2 I'd go for Teddy as its a bit more masculine and slightly less sugary an babyish. Good luck, hope u can both come to a compromise. One of ya has to give in, just a question of who :D

Why not call him Edward (Teddy is short for it, I think), then call him Teddy or Teddie, doesnt matter, when he's older maybe he can choose?

:D Slightly biased here...
But i'd go with Teddy for the reasons the others have said about spelling. We chose just plain Ted as its straight down the line and easy....how about Theodore (this was another option of ours) then it can be shortened to Ted, Teddy, Teddie, Theo...?
Good name though :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back