My latest efforts.....DONT LOOK IF EASILY OFFENDED!

What a lovely idea and muffins Wilma, nicely presented too! xx

Thanks Vix....its something a bit different from the norm too :) xxx

Me and Jacob are making Thomas the tank engine cakes today!! Not from a packet mix though but the pictures are motifs dont like packet cakes, dont taste as good!!

Oh hope the cake making went well! I still love baking with my DD and shes 16 now! lol xxx

Oh hope the cake making went well! I still love baking with my DD and shes 16 now! lol xxx

Lol a one year old and bright blue icing = very very very messy! But was full of smiles which made me smile so I'm happy :D lol

Ha love it but believe me a 16 yr old with icing is also a dangerous combination but we still have such a giggle baking together! lol Im just uploading my latest cakes from this weekend! lol watch this space! xxx

Ha love it but believe me a 16 yr old with icing is also a dangerous combination but we still have such a giggle baking together! lol Im just uploading my latest cakes from this weekend! lol watch this space! xxx

Oooh cant wait to see :D I'm crap at decorating haha he had blue icing in his hair and everything, pinged it all over my kitchen from his highchair lol x

.....a christening cake.

This one is a celebration tower cake made of red velvet caked with individual muffin/cupcakes in clear gift boxes and a topper cake too! xx

Attachments

• Photo1438.jpg
    Photo1438.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Photo1436.jpg
    Photo1436.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Photo1434.jpg
    Photo1434.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Photo1437.jpg
    Photo1437.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 6
Do you make the little decorations or do you buy them?? (The angel)
xx

No Im only just experimenting with scultping with suger paste and thought the little baby would be a nice keepsake for the mam to keep from the babys christening! lol xxx

No Im only just experimenting with scultping with suger paste and thought the little baby would be a nice keepsake for the mam to keep from the babys christening! lol xxx

Ahhh the one thing I'll never know is how people manage spun sugar, such talent! :shock:

Ah thats so easy honestly its one of the first things I learnt I will email you an easy 'how to' tomorrow.....xx

You will need the following equipment:

• small stainless steel pot suitable for the amount of sugar you are working with
  • bowl of ice water that your stainless steel pot can easily fit into
  • approximately 1 cup of sugar (or more, depending on how much you want to make)
  • wooden spoon
  • 2 chopsticks
  • tape
  • 2 forks or a cut wire whisk (see photo below)
  • sheet pan
  • 1 large piece of parchment
Set up:
1. Overhang each chopstick on the countertop, approximately 6" apart. Secure with tape.
2. Place the sheet pan on top of the chopsticks to weigh them down.
3. Place the large piece of parchment on the floor directly underneath the chopsticks. This catches excess sugar and helps with the clean up.

Prepare the caramelized sugar by following the same instructions posted here: How to Make Dry Caramel. Remember to use caution when working with molten caramel.

When the caramel is cool enough to form a fine thread, hold the forks (backs facing each other) and dip them into the caramel. Alternatively, you can use a cut wire whisk. Using a quick flicking motion with your wrist, drizzle the caramel so it drapes over the two chopsticks. Repeat this step over and over again until the desired amount of caramel has been spun.

Hope this helps a bit Vix but if you google Spinning Sugar theres lots of vids too....its like anything trial and error but lots of fun getting there....on and plenty mess too so cover up the place with grease proof paper lol xx

Thanks Wilma, will give it a go when I've got five minutes :D lol

No probs Vix..... I got two craking books yesterday on Lace piping so Im itching to get downstairs and get stuck into it....but will have to wait a couple of days till I feel better as feeling like poop atm....lol But atm cake making and decorating is kinda keeping my mind off TTC a bit so its my release just now! Hoping it gets me through the next 2WW a bit too! lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back