My challange

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
Can playing Wii sport help lose weight :D :lol:

I am going to set myself a challange to lose some weight!! I've always struggled with my weight and have tried so many slimming classes etc, where I do well for the first 2 months or so then lose interest :roll:

My life is so different now I have Jake and Im off work. Luckily I'd only put on about 2 stone during my pregnancy (this is how much after he was born) but 1 of them stones dropped off in the first week! I now have 6lb to get to my pre preg weight and it seems to be coming off a lot easier that it did before I became pregnant. Maybe my metabolism has changed?? :think:

Anyway, I was overweight to begin with- about 4 stone overweight :evil: Now I am going to try and shift this too

I am aiming to lose 4 stone in 8 months (when I return to work)- thats 2 lb per week so it isnt unrealistic.

I am not going to do any contructive excercise, but I will be aiming to play Wii sports for at least half an hour each day. I will also walk as much as I can with Jake- I dont like being couped up inside everyday anyway so we will be out and about most days. As well as these Im sure trying to get a million things done at once can only help things lol. I will also be going swimming again once I've had the all clear from the doc at my 6 weeks check up.

I am also going to be calorie counting using this website www.foodfocus.co.uk its brilliant, it helps keep a food and excercise diary and had little charts to help track your progress. It works out all sorts of stuff too.

So I am going to continue to post here as a sort of weightloss diary. I dont want to tell my actual weight as I am so ashamed of it.

So today I have managed my 30 mins of wii sport- tennis. I also did my wii age which is 67 :rotfl: (its better than 74 which is what it was last week :oops: )

Ive not been snacking as much as I would normally as I dont want to have to log it on food focus. I have had a light lunch as I am going to the cinema later and am going to have half a bag of m&ms peanuts as I have avoided peanuts all the way through my pregnancy and havnt actually had any yet. If I fancy my dinner after that (spaghetti, 2 meatballs in sauce and steamfresh veg) I still have about 300 calories left over. I will prob let these go as they are only in my allowance due to the Wii time.

tangerinedream said:
I now have 6lb to get to my pre preg weight and it seems to be coming off a lot easier that it did before I became pregnant. Maybe my metabolism has changed?? :think:

If you were breastfeeding when you had that big weightloss, it makes it easier to lose weight. Plus you probably use more calories/get exercise by running around after him and being kept awake :)

katyk said:
tangerinedream said:
I now have 6lb to get to my pre preg weight and it seems to be coming off a lot easier that it did before I became pregnant. Maybe my metabolism has changed?? :think:

If you're breastfeeding it makes it easier to lose weight. Plus you probably use more calories/get exercise by running around after him and being kept awake :)

no im not breast feeding- i tried but it didnt work :(

A guy did this not long ago, the results were good :D

http://wiinintendo.net/2007/01/15/wii-s ... t-results/

I try and play 30 mins on mine everyday, especially training in the boxing and baseball. That really works up a sweat. I've been going to slimming world since April, losing around 1-2lbs a week. When we got our wii I lost 7lbs in a fortnight!
Good luck :D

Way to go Tangerinedream...
I just read the link from Misslarue and it seems like this should work.
Ever thought about adding those strap on weights to your wrists and ankles for more of a workout?
Maybe that's something you can add later.
Good luck!
(Don't have a wii or I'd try it with you...we just bought a PS3)

i think this is the way to go, i am going to get a WII aswell =)
and do this, i want to loose my baby weight,

hope it all goes well for you.

:)

and good luck.

its funa aswell so you dont have to think you are working out lol. you can think of having fun :)

BabyDreams said:
Ever thought about adding those strap on weights to your wrists and ankles for more of a workout?

Genius!! But yeah, I think I'll look into it later :D

I went to a party with minxy on Saturday, I played wii sports for a bit, mainly boxing...my arms are still killing me! :oops:

Today I have mastitus again :( I feel like crap. It came on this afternoon. I did manage to get my 30 mins of Wii sport in. I played the boxing and tennis training. Im soooo crap at tennis and was determinded to get 10 balls in the box but Jake decided he wanted to wake up for a feed. I managed to get 1 ball in the box- im so crap :lol:

Also I didnt have a proper lunch as the bread was mouldy :( so I had half a pack of chicken super noodles and a muller fruit corner. For tea Im having chicken and bacon with beans and home made potato weges.

TTFN- im gonna wrap up warm and feel sorry for myself now :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back