My CD journey

Cersei

Reaction score
Alright girlies, I have at least 6 stone to lose and I'll be doing Cambridge Diet as it was the only diet that worked for me in the past. They say it increases fertility as well so fx. Will take a break off dieting if I manage to fall pregnant before I get to my goal but ideally I'd like to have lost at least 2-3 st before it happens.
I've always struggled with my weight though I've never been this big in my entire life. It gradually got worse and worse since I got married in March'11.
Hubby wants me to lose weight and it hurts me so much every time he mentions that although he's always trying to be nice and supportive.
I'm very determined to lose the weight and keep it off this time. If I get my :bfp: at some point - I'll be very careful with what I eat during pregnancy, and then will go straight back into my diet. Well, that's the plan. :oooo:
I had my "before" pics taken by my husband last night but I'm too shy to share those with public atm. :oops:

Start date: 29/05/2013
SW: 16 st 6
1.GW: 13 st 13
2.GW: 11 st
UGW: 9 st 7

Wow I totally forgot about this thread! Just a quick update then, couldn't do CD (kept cheating) and couldn't really get into the *dieting* mood till August. Since August I've lost 4 and a half stone :shock: by just calorie counting and trying to limit my sugar intake. I still have a bit more to lose and I'm still overweight but I feel much better already :dance: hopefully this will have a positive effect on my TTC journey.

Weight loss ☑
opk's ☑
Seven Seas ttc vits ☑
Conceive Plus ☑
Booties from Vicci77 ☑
Fertility bracelet ☑
Soft cups ☐ (might as well try?)
Catch an egg! ☐

Fx!

:dust:

That's great! Keep up the good work. Maybe instead of dieting you could try eating healthier foods and smaller portions?? X

Ideally, that's the best thing to do of course. And that's what I'm currently doing, but at the start when I had so much to lose it seemed impossible... Learning portion control is not easy at all, especially if you are obese. I had a long way to go and it was very discouraging.
I had to go on a strict diet for the first 3 months (strict as in weighing food for portion control and low carb, but definitely not starving myself) and lost most of the weight then slowly added carbs back into my diet and occasional treats. I used to eat a bag of dairy milk giant buttons every single day! :shock: I was literally addicted to carbs but not anymore. Atm I eat lots of veg, brown rice/pasta, quinoa, mock chicken/cheese (used to be a vegetarian btw but now vegan), some fruit and I'm still losing - slowly. I used to fill a huge dinner plate but now I'm using small dessert plates for my meals. I try not to drink my calories (used to have a lot of juice/smoothie/milkshake) and carry a bottle of water with me everywhere (I don't like drinking water but I'm doing my best). I rarely weigh food or count the calories at the moment as I now know how much is enough :) so yeah, this has definitely worked for me. Of course everybody is different.

I lost 4.5 stone a few years ago & got down to a size 8. I did this by calorie counting & watching sugar/refined carbs & fat. I also started running, I couldn't run for more than 30 seconds to start sign but I gradually built it up by doing a little each day. I then was brave enough to join a gym & start spin classes etc. since having my little one I'm back up to a size 12/14 & have got 2.5 stone to lose. Am doing the same thing again. Personally I don't believe in all these 'diets', eat healthy, count calories & sweat regularly & you'll lose weight!! X

Well done on your weight loss in the past, you can do it again and you have less to lose now.
I explained what my strict diet was, calorie counting and reducing sugar/starch intake which doesn't sound any different than what you both recommended.
But I believe anyone can lose weight with any diet (yes, the "diet"s included), and no matter how you lost the weight there's always a chance to put the weight back on if you go back to your old habits. The most important thing - to me- was to learn how much is enough, and watch sugar intake. These were my biggest problems. I never liked fatty/fried food, crisps etc. But my portions were too big, I loved pasta and potatoes and I would eat something sweet after each meal and for each snack. When I finally managed to break my carb addiction and started weighing my food everything got much easier.
I know people lost tons of weight with so called fad diets and maintained for years. As I said before everybody is different. Weight loss is not just "eat less, move more" but there's a mental side of it which is the hardest to deal with and everyone will have a different way to face their food demons. I'm only against "eat only this fruit for 3 days" kind of diets for obvious reasons, but as long as they have a balanced diet it's fine by me. On MyFitnessPal there are lots of health gurus, fitness freaks, heavy lifters, people who have lost a ton of weight on 1200cal or 2500 cal diets, with or without exercise. Some have "cheat" meals weekly, some never cheat till they get to goal weight. And they all criticise each other all day long. I find this quite pointless for the reasons I've mentioned before.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back