Changing my diet

Kimbo

Reaction score
my cousins been doing the cambridge diet and lost a lot of weight

so ive read up about it and ive decided to go to that

you have to see a counsellor on a one-one basis and its gonna cost £39 a week
but its for people who have 3 stone or more to lose, and i wanna lose 4 so im gonna go for it

ive got my first one to one on friday afternoon at 2pm

its the discipline i need and with paying so much for it, i know i'll stick to it :)

Good luck, but thats a lot of money and remeber loosing the weight steadily will keep it off honey.

Were you really disheartend about weight watchers then?

Aww Kim I have been so tempted by this diet, OH 2 friends did it last year before they went on holiday and they lost loads of weight really quickly.

I just worry about once you come off the diet putting it all back on straight away but I guess as long as you eat healthy you shouldn't.

How did you arrange the meeting then? Does it cost a lot of money? :hug:

ooo good luck hun...

id love the quick weight loss that these diets provide... but id be boredafter a week lol

just be careful to... im sure this is a diet i read about that there was loads of hype about it.. but everyone put the weight back on quickly afterwards, as ur body struggles to adjust back to a diet..

I wish you the best of luck tho...

want me to quadruple ur monthly target? :lol:

yes lozzi :rotfl: :rotfl:

krystal, spoke to u on msn :)

mrs t - yeah i need to do something more dramatic lol!!
if i see results quickly ill be more determined to carry on

midna said:
Kim 40 quid a week be nice to spend on yourself and leah ...Im not telling you how to spend your money ...but you can quit smoking ...which means you can diet... the will power is there just exercise and eat healthy ...infact its easier as Leah will be soon keeping you fit :wink:

Up to you by all means but I seen you quit smoking by yourself and Im pretty sure you can diet too xxx

i know you're right

but i haven't smoked all my life.......
ive been insecure and have had no confidence whatsoever for at least ten years.
scared of going swimming etc (not cos ill sink but cos i hate the way i look :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: )
and i wanna enjoy these things with leah... i wanna take her swimming in summer... go on the beach with her and really enjoy her etc (cos shes my only one, not gonna have anymore :rotfl: )

and im still young.... sick of feeling like this, its been far too long now so i need something drastic or im just gonna keep messing my diet up and not get anywhere with it

so decided to go for it.. plus its my 21st in january so wanna look & feel my best my then :D

You'll probably see a dramatic weight loss while on it but once at your target weight it often goes back on all too quickly.

I'd say don't do fad diets as they cost a bomb and unless you remain really strict when finished the weight simply goes back (and often more than you lost in the first place). It starts a potentially vicious circle and is soul destroying.

The first week of 'weight loss' is water. Then you lose some fat, then you level out and have a week or two of not really losing anything so get disheartened. Maybe eat normal food etc. And that stuffs it up. What is actually happening is the fat is readjusting round your body at this time and weight loss will pick up again eventually, just you have to stick with it.

You'd be better off eating decent food, having flavours and textures and simply eating smaller portions of healthy food and losing weight that way. Taking regular exercise also will help burn your excess fat off and help keep it off. Chances are it will stay off better and will be cheaper. Also you won't have the hunger pangs that something like the Cambridge will cause you. On the Cambridge you probably won't have the energy to exercise properly and it means you might be losing weight but you won't be fitter with it.

Headaches, nausea and so on are all normal on the Cambridge. You have to drink lots of water and caffeine is best avoided. So if you have any reliance on tea or coffee then you will find it hard.

Plus the food tastes like crap. There is no getting away from that.

And yes, I was on it once upon a time. And experienced all of the above.

For me, long term weight loss was best acheived on sensible healthy eating and exercise. Low fat yogurt with mashed banana in the morning, or weetabix with raisins with semi skimmed milk. Home made soup or crackerbreads with toppings for lunch and steamed veg, lean meat like turkey for dinner in the evening. Cut out the carbs but keep some in, and snack on fruit and raw veggies. Fish is good also. Loads of possibles :)

i see what you're saying about the weight coming back on
but the weight will come back on whichever diet you do if u dont get into good habits.

but i know ill stick to it... and i know ill carry on with the maintenance programme later on, because im still young and im serious about it this time

i dont wanna look back in a year and still be the same as i am now and think, god i wish i'd have started this/that etc... cos ive said that every year!

and with paying so much for it, im not gonna give up so easily :)

wow good luck honey!! let me know how it goes. im planning slimming world as it done feel like a diet. where can i find more info on this one? why do u meet some one?

wow good luck honey!! let me know how it goes. im planning slimming world as it done feel like a diet. where can i find more info on this one? why do u meet some one?

Paradysso - just google cambridge diet and first page that comes up is official site, also if you msn Kim she has a link for the forum and you can see the results yourself.. amazing!! You meet with someone to get weighed every week and also to check your measurements. You can call the for support etc :)

wow i been chatting to kim...
its sound cool the amount u loose, but im so scared of not actually eating haha.. im like nigella when it comes to food, would i survive lol i got 5 stone to loose ( i know not yet as im boobie feeding but after)

I wondered about this because I love my food but supposedly once you go into Ketose (day 3-5) you don't feel hungry anymore so as long as you can get through first week it gets a lot easier.

Although your meant to have smelly wee and smelly breath on the diet :oops: It's ok though, chewing gum all the way and no one smells me pee so no worried there :rotfl:

It can give you really bad breath for sure :roll:

TBH while the weight drops off, the second you come off it and go back to normal food, even if you are strict, weight can go back on.

All it does is starve your body of calories and you don't need to pay a company to do that :lol: :roll:

Quick weight loss never really works long term.

I wish you well if you go on it but do think you'd be better off losing weight eating normal foods and doing decent exercise and not depriving yourself of things. It may take a bit longer but you stand a better chance of keeping it off long term.

Sherlock said:
It can give you really bad breath for sure :roll:

TBH while the weight drops off, the second you come off it and go back to normal food, even if you are strict, weight can go back on.

All it does is starve your body of calories and you don't need to pay a company to do that :lol: :roll:

Quick weight loss never really works long term.

I wish you well if you go on it but do think you'd be better off losing weight eating normal foods and doing decent exercise and not depriving yourself of things. It may take a bit longer but you stand a better chance of keeping it off long term.

I agree with Sherlock! Excerising and moderate diet. Those are the only things which will do good in long term.
And, for that money per week you can sign up for gym membership, leave Leah there in creche while you exercising and have healthy food!

I am sticking to old methods :talkhand: :D
But, good luck to you, hun! :hug:

I am aware of the weight going back on, never been a fad diet fan. I agree eating healthy and exercise is the best way.. however I need my weight off quickly, in time for my holiday otherwise I know i'm going to feel miserable on holiday, getting dressed in frumpy clothes etc etc which is why i'm doing it.

Same with Kim, we both read up on it and know what were doing :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back