My birth story with pics!!

Rachey

Reaction score
Hey everyone :wave: hope you are all well!

So here's my birth story..

Well my waters went early hours of Monday morning, I phoned maternity and they said that because waters were clear that I could wait until 8am to go down to be checked! So at 8am off we went, MW confirmed that it was my waters that had gone.. I was then booked in for induction Wednesday morning at 8am! We then headed home, was going to have a quiet day but I was convinced I was going to get baby out without being induced lol! So went out for lunch and a big long walk :)

I started feeling quite crampy about 2pm, the pains kept coming but weren't too bad and were all over the place, anywhere between 5mins and 20mins! By 9/10pm they were coming much stronger, still really irregular though.. I was hanging over chairs, in and out the bath, leaning over the worktop, sitting on my ball - was trying everything just to ease the pain! At 2am I decided to phone the hospital cause the pains were really painful by that time, she asked how often my contractions were and when I told her they still weren't in any routine she told me just to "have a bath and take paracetamol:shock:" and to phone back when they were in a regular routine about 5mins apart.

For the next hour and a half I walked about the house, leaning against the wall every time a contraction came, I just couldn't stay still! I eventually managed to lie on the couch and must have dozed off, then a really painful contraction came and I was shouting at OH that I couldn't take the pain anymore. He phoned the hospital who asked how far apart my contractions were, by this point they were coming more often but still not 5mins apart! I remember saying to him "Tell her I don't know but I need to poo so bad!!" The MW then said that we could go down to the hospital but just to drive down because we wouldn't need an ambulance since the contractions weren't coming very close together so baby wouldn't be arriving very soon.

When we got to the hospital a about 4.20 I was literally hanging off the rail along the wall at every contraction lol, the MW took us into a room(same MW that we spoke to on the phone both times) and she put me on the monitor for 15mins to monitor contractions and babys heart rate. When she looked at the results she told me I wasn't in 'established labour' and that baby wouldn't be making an appearance very soon! She said there was no point in doing an internal.. she was going to get me some pain killers and that we would need to go home!!! At that point honestly didn't know what to do - I thought if this is this painful and I'm not in established labour how on earth am I going to cope with the real thing?!?! I started crying to OH cause I really thought I couldn't do it - the MW kept saying to me "calm down and just breath" :mad: She made me feel so stupid and like I was being OTT!! She went off to get my bloody 'painkillers'...:mad:

While she was away I got this massive feeling that I needed to poo again! I went into the toilet and had to shout OH in, I was on all fours and kept saying to him "I need to push, I need to push!!!" He shouted on MW to come in who again, told me to "stay calm and breathe" I could honestly have knocked her out!!! :lol:

I told her I wanted her to give me an internal which she said there was no need to do but she did do it - her face was a bloody picture when she did it! She said to me "Do you want the good news? Your 9cm dilated!" ... I knew it!!! She then offered me dia morphine (I think that's what it's called?) but she said it could knock off the contractions so I told her just to leave it! I just wanted baby out by that point! We then walked through to the ward where a different midwife took me into the delivery room (This MW was the one who delivered Matthew - she was amazing :)) OH says it was about 5am we went into the delivery room..

I was on the floor hanging over the bed for a while but contractions were still a bit all over the place, After a few more contractions I told the MW I really really needed to push, her and OH then helped me up onto the bed and she said that on my next contraction to start pushing! So I did and after pushing 3 or 4 times I felt like I was getting nowhere, his head wasn't for coming out! But then on the next push I could feel his head was coming.. on the next contraction I got this sudden burst of energy and just went for it - I then felt that big sting that people talk about when babys head is crowned!! (Ouch :lol:) gave a few more pushes and out came our baby boy at 6.59am weighing 6lb 12 :cloud9:

Sorry for the long story!! I find it weird how clearly I remember everything!

Still can't believe our little man is here :) I can't get enough hugs and kisses! :)

Anyways, thanks for reading! Welldone to anyone who managed to read it all :lol: Here's Matthew :love:

matthew.jpg

matthew22.jpg

xxx

Last edited:
:yay: You did so well!

Thats a lush birth and it seemed to go quite quickly as well :) Well done. x

Thanks hun :) Yeah it wasn't too long from when the pains started getting really painful until Matthew arrived.. think I got it pretty lucky, especially for him being my first!

xxx

Eeeeee how cute is he?! You did get lucky but it all comes down to how you handle it and deal with it really. :love:

Aww bless him he's gorgeous!! Jack always has his hands tucked under his chin too!! :)

Well done you in labour too! :) x

Ahh well done he's really gorgeous! As for that midwife :mad: imagine if you had have gone home again when she said to?! x x

Fab birth story, congratulations, he is GORGEOUS!!!

awww amazing story! Thanks for sharing! He's gorgeous! xx

Well done Rachey, he's lush!

It scares me that the MW would have sent you home though, you prob wouldn't have got as far as the bloody car, am so surprised you didn't knock her out :rofl:

x

Congratulations!!!!Just goes to show we know our bodies better than anyone else - no matter what "the norm" may be, that midwife should have listened to you sooner and had a look! Thank god you insisted!

x

wow what a story!!! Cant believe you did it all with no real pain relief you are so brave, I seriously would have probably swiped the mw if it had been me!!!! So glad everything turned out ok in the end though and Matthew is gorgeous :) such a cutey pie!!!

Well done Rachey, he's lush!

It scares me that the MW would have sent you home though, you prob wouldn't have got as far as the bloody car, am so surprised you didn't knock her out :rofl:

x

Haha I so could have :p

It was my usual MW that came out to see us today and when we were talking about the labour and she asked if I would mind if she phoned up and spoke to that MW. I'm not fussed about it cause she did eventually do the internal and everything was fine - but maybe some other girls would have just listened to her and went home and could have ended up having their baby in the car or house! :shock:

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back