Orlando Ronald Mcglinchey's birth story 1.1.12

Lilelephant

Reaction score
Here goes! Warning if u have a nervous disposition don't read!

Well on dec 31st and baby's due date we went into maternity ward at 10 am for induction Due to severe spd.

Mw examined me bout 11 and i was 1.5-2cm dilated so she did a stretch and sweep and inserted the 24 hour pessary. We then spent the day hobbling around hospital and bouncing on the birthing ball.

They let my OH stay until midnight as it was nye and then he went. I was getting the prostin cramps from the pessary so they gave me paracetomal and I managed about 2 hours sleep!
I woke up at 4am and was getting contractions they were five mins apart and very nippy so mw ran me a nice bath and said if they stayed regular she would monitor baby and if thy showed regular contractions she would examine me and remove pessary.
She did this about 6.30 in think and I was 4-5cm couldnt belive it. His hb was dropping during contractions tho so they got dr in and after getting me on my side things looked better. They then transferred me to delievery suite. My mw Carol was awesome! I was proper struggling with contractions so they called down the anesthetist to do epidural cos the gas and air made me throw up lol!
Omg the epidural was amazing almost immediatley the contractions didn't Hurt and i could relax a bit! They kept it well topped up too thank god lol! I was contracting 4 in 10mins and they were strong and baby was very happy wriggling away and hb was perfect! They broke my waters and they were clear but had a lot of heavy show! Ewww!
I quickly went to fully dilated and was told i would be given an hour and then it would be time to push!
Everyone kept saying how could i was doing!! Then came pushing.
Apparently i pushed well and she could see baby's head but then it went a bit mental. At the end of every push and contraction his hb dropped v low so they put a monitor on his head but each time it would happen.
The registrar came in and felt internally to see i lf baby was back to back but she couldnt tell so in comes consultant he determined that baby was not back to back so! He then explained that they needed to get baby out because he wasn't tolerating it and had been about an hour! So he decided a forceps delivery was needed to help LO along!
The forceps look like giant salad tossers lol! I needed to be cut boo and the next contraction I pushed they yanked and his head was born! Then we had to wait for next contraction to delivery the rest of him! But my contractions had started slowin down so seemed like we were waiting for ever lol but eventually gave one last push and he slithered out and was put on my chest for like 2 secs at 16.12 until peaditrician whisked him off to check him over but he was fine. He was bundled up and given to me while they waiting for the placenta but I need the injection twice and it finally came but i was bleeding heavily. I Jad a 3 degree tear as well as my cut and they were discussing theatre but consultant did it then and there as j had the epidural . I lost 800ml of blood and my blood pressure went so slow I passed out oops. So baby went to daddy!
Orlando is perfect and mummy is starting to feel a bit more human now Blood pressure has improved!!

Soz it isn't very detailed but to be honest it is a bit of a haze!

Xxx

Last edited:
And he shares OH's birthday! :love

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325480731.128608.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325480731.128608.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 120
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325480766.629617.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325480766.629617.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 135
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325480789.285588.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325480789.285588.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 114
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325480842.831704.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325480842.831704.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 123
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325480858.231256.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1325480858.231256.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 103
Well done he is gorgeous . How is the feeding going ?

Congrats again - so glad your little man is with you now and he's gorgeous. Well worth the weight eh!
Well done for getting your birth story done so fast, it took me weeks!
Now the fun begins ;) x

Congrats again hun & well done to you, you must of been shattered after all that! Hes gorgeous :love: x

What a trooper putting this up so quickly!

Congrats again, he's gorgeous. I think he looks like you :)

Sorry you had a rough time of it, glad you're feeling a bit better and hope you have a quick recovery.

Enjoy your little fella, he's a smasher xx

Congratulations Hun you did so well! He is so gorgeous xx

ahh congratulations!! lovely story glad you are starting to feel a bit better, all o worth it. xxxxxxx

Massive congratulations he is gorgeous ! Well done

Congratulations xxx he's gorgeous Laura xxxxx

Phew bit of a rough ride getting him out :( well done you deserve a medal xx
Lots of cuddles with Orlando will soon help those memories fade away xxxxx
:love:

He is yummy!!!!

How was labour with spd? Hope it's eased off now xxxx

Omg he's so precious :love: well done hunny and huge congratulations xxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back