....My baby girl, Lexi-Mai....

Yeah, work alot as part of my degree. It's good and I enjoy it (I probably bore people with talking about work so much ha!) but just not easy when LM keeps getting nasty bugs!

Yep, back to her usual self! Going to start her with vitamins for an extra boost, I can't afford to have loads of time off so hoping it will help keep her well. And she enjoys nursery so it's a shame when she has to have time off :(

She's currently sat on my windowsill, little bugger! xxx

Aw I dont get bored hun - just on the whats on your mind I see your usually busy at work or something - its good that you are bettering yourself for LM in the future. Thing is with kids, they get unwell all the time we cant stop it. Ive been off twice since being back with Jackson having a viral (his dad having Meningitis) and then Jackson having an ear infection. Now he has a bad cough!

What course are you doing? Is it nursing or something I read you were working on wards?

xxxxx

Haha at first I read that as battering myself! :rofl:

Yeah I'm doing adult nursing so working on a ward atm til after Christmas. Back tomorrow, hopefully will be a good shift. LM is spending the day with her Grandad as shes not allowed back to nursery yet xx

Awk wee lamb, she will be missing it - J cant wait to get out his buggy in the morning LOL.

Ahhh I work more admin side - used to work on the wards but moved down to Geriatric outpatients - its tonnes better because we are paper light! Yus!

xxxxxxxx

Aww! Yeah she loves the messy play and playing in the wendy house.
That's good :) I'm working on a 50 bed general medicine ward, it's so busy. And so understaffed, which makes things difficult xx

Wow. Time flies!

Loads has happened since I last updated the journal so I'll do a brief update!

So, as many know me and FOB separated last February 2013. It was a very difficult time, I moved back into my Dads house with LM, it was a very difficult and dark time but I got through it with my girl by my side :)

There were concerns a couple of months later, as we suspected LM was having absence seizures- after EEG's, MRI's, blood and urine tests and numerous hospital visits she was given the all clear and the episodes have stopped! She does sometimes still roll her eyes but we just keep an eye out.

She was admitted to hospital before christmas, which identified a problem with her weight gain as it had slowed right down. They asked HV to keep an eye on it and all is fine! She's just a petite little lady :)

She has learnt to crawl, stand and walk since I last updated, as well as fully weaned (except bedtime bottle) and will eat anything and everything - except pasta - won't give it a second sniff!!

She is never quiet, constantly asking 'wassat, wassat!' and learning new things everday! She loves animals and making animal noises- I'm hoping she's not a mini Steve Irwin as I'm not a huge animal fan...
She's doing great at nursery, they always tell me how clever and popular she is, I'm a very proud Mummy! :love:

I'm not so bad, uni just gets harder and harder and feel like I run off fumes most days! But hey ho, next November (hopefully) I will be qualified with a job.

Theres loadss more to tell, but I would be here for hours! So for now, that will do and I will (try) and be more regular with updates :)

Here she is :cloud9:
(will upload more later) x

Attachments

• Emma Dilkes Disc Cover.jpg
    Emma Dilkes Disc Cover.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 38
Oh she is just too cute!!!

So good to hear from you hun.

I don't know why but it seems like there's not many of use forum oldies left!

Nice to hear how your girly is doing and I'm glad she's all ok.

XX

Im still here now and again. Haha.

She's very cute. Love that pic!! Xx

What an amazing piccie, she is a little beauty!

I'm still here Emma, it's lovely to hear all has been going so weel for you both

X

Aww thanks ladies, lovely to see some of the old faces back :)

Well LM is poorly :( Woke up yesterday with a temperature, boiling to touch and generally not herslelf. GP reckons its viral so just to ride it out. However, they picked up a heart murmur :(
She had one at birth, which I was told had healed up a few hours after it was found. So we have to go back next week so they can have another listen and see whats going on. Which has got me back to being obsessive about SIDS and prevention again.

Other than that we're not too bad! I managed to get 95% on a numeracy assessment at uni yesterday which I'm pretty chuffed about after the day we had!

We also have some new words! Milk, ears and eyes! :cloud9:
On Monday night she was babbling to her flopsy bunny and beddy bear and I heard her go 'Wassum Mulk? Mulk?' So cute :love:

xxx

aww what a gorgeous girl you have hun! Sorry you've got the worry of the heart murmur on your mind, hope everything goes ok with her appointment and your mind is put at ease.

Sounds like LM is coming on in leaps and bounds too, you must be very proud of her :D I think its so cute when they talk to their cuddly toys too, Elexis does this quite often, shoves her beaker into their moths and says "a dink?" (want a drink) and then the poor ted ends up saturated in juice :rofl:

xx

Thanks hun :)

Yesterday, she got her beaker of juice and tipped a load of it into her empty bowl after she'd had some grapes. Then she was smushing her toy rabbits head into the bowl like a dog and feeding it juice! lol :D

She had her appointment today. I was expecting it to have gone since the last appointment now she's better and no longer poorly, but it's still there :( So she has an appointment at the child and adolescent heart murmur clinic, at a different hospital to our usual one, where she will have an echocardiogram. Bit nervous if I'm honest and starting to feel a bit more anxious about her of a night again.. I thought we were done with hospitals!

She's been abit more clumsier than usual, which my Dad has also noticed. My Mum has said she has noticed LM has a cough quite a lot? I've not noticed it but then maybe that's because I'm used to it? I don't know, my head's swimming with uni work atm so I'm no use to anyone lol!

I have noticed since she was poorly that she has become alot more helpful :) She lays down on the floor / sofa when its time to do her nappy, takes it and puts it into the bin, she picks her toys up when you ask her to (most of the time!) and has started to tell me when she's finished her meals and asks me to take her plate and that away!

Can't wait to get all this stoopid work done and get to have some quality time with my best little pal :love:

Think I'm going to have to start looking at 2nd Birthday presents soon!! :O Less than 3 months now! Where has my baby gone?! xxx

aww its a shame it hadnt gone by the time you had your appointment but at least they have found it early on! Its natural or you to get anxious again especially at night time, but i'm sure your gorgeous little girl will be just fine and shes in the best possible hands!
Hope your Uni work is sorted and finished soon too, bet you cant wait just to relax a little and spend sometime with LM.

And poor bunny too :rofl: the amount of teds we have had to wash due to juice and food been force fed to them is unreal haha!

We hit the 2yr mark a week on saturday...cannot believe that 2 year has gone so so fast, miss having a new born that relies on me so much, Elexis is like little miss independent now, and getting a little monkey too lol!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back