....My baby girl, Lexi-Mai....

babyem

Reaction score
It's taken me a while to finally starting my Mummy journal but better late than never!!

I absolutely love being a Mummy, as much as I so wanted her to stay in my tummy where I knew she was safe, I can't imagine her not being here and I love it!

So, here's a little bit about me and my baby girl :)...

I'm Emma, I'm 21 years old and live with my partner Robbie. Lexi-Mai is our first child, she was born via emergency cesaerean section at 41+5 weeks at 3:52am weighing 9lb7oz. She's now 11 weeks 1 day old and is a healthy 12lbs exactly! She's got a good appetite and usually sleeps through the night, so we really are very lucky!

Lexi-Mai is a CONI plus baby (care of the next infant), as our nephew passed away due to cot death. This means she has close monitoring from our Paediatrician and a team of 3 Health Visitors. She has a sleep apnoea monitor, symptoms diary, open access to the childrens ward, a card which allows her to be seen straight away in A&E by a team from paediatrics and other things too. We have consultancy care for her aswell as weekly HV visits for as long as we like. The support we get is amazing, I feel very blessed.

I can't beleive how fast the past 11 weeks have gone! She's already changed so much. She loves to smile and chatter away and is very alert. Each day she looks more like her Daddy, but has my eyes!

So that's me and my baby girl :cloud9:

Here's a few pictures:

L-R:
-A few hours old
-Bath time
-Out and about
-Lexi-Mai and flopsy bunny blankie

She's my whole world..x :love:

Attachments

• IMG 0398 (8).jpg
    IMG 0398 (8).jpg
    165 KB · Views: 57
  • 089.jpg
    089.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 602398_4572279717855_303060406_n.jpg
    602398_4572279717855_303060406_n.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 549037_4531324133991_1453106962_n.jpg
    549037_4531324133991_1453106962_n.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG 0398 (190).jpg
    IMG 0398 (190).jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Awww she's so cute.

Looking forward to following your parenting journey.

:)

XX

Aww thanks Emily!!

It's a journey I look forward too every day! xx

She's beautiful! I didn't know that any of that support was available to people in your situation, that's fab.

She's beautiful! I didn't know that any of that support was available to people in your situation, that's fab.

Thankyou :) Yeah it's amazing the support we have been getting, I would be a complete nervous wreck otherwise!! x

My little girl has had a cold for the past few days, poor thing :(
She's been snuffling all day and is a little snot monster at the moment!!
Bloody Winter!!

At least it's not long til christmas now!! And my birthday on Wednesday, so excited!! xx

Its horrible when they are poorly isn't it. Cam had his first cold at 9 weeks and i couldn't give him anything for it as he was so little.

Are you doing anything special for your birthday?

XX

Its horrible when they are poorly isn't it. Cam had his first cold at 9 weeks and i couldn't give him anything for it as he was so little.

Are you doing anything special for your birthday?

XX

Yeah :( I hate not being able to make her better, I'd take it off her if I could! But she seems to be a little trouper and is still smiling and gibbering away!!! :)

I don't know what I'm doing, OH has planned it all for me so will be a suprise! Don't know what I'm getting either, so really excited! I'm hoping the weather stays fine at least and not pouring down like it has been this week!! xx

Well after weeks of planning to go, the three of us went to our first baby massage class on Friday :)
It was so busy! They said it's never usually so busy! I was probably the youngest there by a bit but was still nice! I saw my mentor from my first nursing placement which was nice. She was due on the 7th September and I was due on the 27th August, however it turns out she had her wee man on the 24th August and I had Lexi-Mai on the 8th September so a complete turn around!! Anyway, so it was nice to catch up and see a familiar face, although OH didn't like being the only male so much so says he won't be going again :( Oh well, we will still go! Sod him!

I had been doing my own little massages with olive oil for Lexi-Mai for a while, so it was nice to learn new ways of doing it and how to do each part of the body. Lexi-Mai was more interested in turning and watching the leader or turning to the baby boy next to us. She never usually cries, but she decided when my friends baby was crying because of trapped wind, she felt sad too and cried with him! She was fine when she found someone else to watch! Tinker! She really enjoyed it, she never usually likes having her arms messed with but she even let me do them! She didn't enjoy when we massaged the face so much though :(

I think I will try taking her to the baby sensory play on Thursday morning. We have toddlers on a Thursday afternoon, but we will have enough time inbetween both :) I'm hoping to get her into a few different things as she gets more aware. She's already a nosey bugger!!

I've also realised that we need to get a move on and get Lexi-Mai's Christmas presents in order!! We bought her a few little 'My first Christmas' bits and pieces and a few books so far which I'll post a picture of tomorrow :) 3 months is such an awkward age for gifts!! Still never to young for Father Christmas!! :love:

Here's a few pictures of My Little Baby Girl :cloud9: x

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 054.JPG
    054.JPG
    511.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 059.JPG
    059.JPG
    473.9 KB · Views: 31
Well after weeks of planning to go, the three of us went to our first baby massage class on Friday :)
It was so busy! They said it's never usually so busy! I was probably the youngest there by a bit but was still nice! I saw my mentor from my first nursing placement which was nice. She was due on the 7th September and I was due on the 27th August, however it turns out she had her wee man on the 24th August and I had Lexi-Mai on the 8th September so a complete turn around!! Anyway, so it was nice to catch up and see a familiar face, although OH didn't like being the only male so much so says he won't be going again :( Oh well, we will still go! Sod him!

I had been doing my own little massages with olive oil for Lexi-Mai for a while, so it was nice to learn new ways of doing it and how to do each part of the body. Lexi-Mai was more interested in turning and watching the leader or turning to the baby boy next to us. She never usually cries, but she decided when my friends baby was crying because of trapped wind, she felt sad too and cried with him! She was fine when she found someone else to watch! Tinker! She really enjoyed it, she never usually likes having her arms messed with but she even let me do them! She didn't enjoy when we massaged the face so much though :(

I think I will try taking her to the baby sensory play on Thursday morning. We have toddlers on a Thursday afternoon, but we will have enough time inbetween both :) I'm hoping to get her into a few different things as she gets more aware. She's already a nosey bugger!!

I've also realised that we need to get a move on and get Lexi-Mai's Christmas presents in order!! We bought her a few little 'My first Christmas' bits and pieces and a few books so far which I'll post a picture of tomorrow :) 3 months is such an awkward age for gifts!! Still never to young for Father Christmas!! :love:

Here's a few pictures of My Little Baby Girl :cloud9: x

Glad she and you enjoyed it. K hates massage :-(( xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aww really? Did you try the classes?
I dunno if it helps LO to settle, but it's great for her skin! Although the skin on her cheeks is quite dry :( xx

Ooh, and we're going to see Father Christmas with the in-laws tomorrow!! :) sooo excited!! the place we're going is like a giant grotto!!! xx

Really enjoyed catching up with ur journal hun... :) Lexi-Mai is absolutely stunning....bless her! Massage classes sound good...I would like to try them when my little man arrives. Look forward to following ur journal :) xxx

I dunno if it helps LO to settle, but it's great for her skin! Although the skin on her cheeks is quite dry :( xx

Took him last week and he screamed the place down as soon as I started stripping him off! He hates being naked! I've tried at home with him, he likes his feet and legs done but have to keep his arms in his sleep suit and nappy on or he starts crying again lol. Weird child :)
Ooh enjoy Santa with your gorgeous baby girl xx

Aww she is absolutely adorable! Glad you enjoyed the baby massage too, if its any consolation my OH does do groups or any baby related activities outside the house..in fact he doesnt do much inside the house either :roll: lol!

xx

Em she's beautiful :D glad you're both doing well xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Really enjoyed catching up with ur journal hun... :) Lexi-Mai is absolutely stunning....bless her! Massage classes sound good...I would like to try them when my little man arrives. Look forward to following ur journal :) xxx

Aww thankyou! Won't be long til you start your journal!! They're really good, deffinately worth a try!! xx

Took him last week and he screamed the place down as soon as I started stripping him off! He hates being naked! I've tried at home with him, he likes his feet and legs done but have to keep his arms in his sleep suit and nappy on or he starts crying again lol. Weird child :)
Ooh enjoy Santa with your gorgeous baby girl xx

Aww :( She's not keen on her arms either! Thanks hun, we had a lovely time! Xxx

Aww she is absolutely adorable! Glad you enjoyed the baby massage too, if its any consolation my OH does do groups or any baby related activities outside the house..in fact he doesnt do much inside the house either :roll: lol!

xx

Thankyou :) So glad it's not just me in the same boat! It's bloody men, useless!! xx

Em she's beautiful :D glad you're both doing well xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Thanks hun :) How are you both getting along? xx

So we went to see Father Christmas and she loved it! I nearly cried, was so lovely and just how I imagined it :love:
They give you a present suitable to age and a few extras :) We had a photo or two and a chat with Father Christmas :)
He gave her a book 'Snowmans Party', a wrapped present, a chocolate bar, a free picture of them together and some reindeer food (oats and glitter) for us to put in the garden on Christmas Eve so Father Christmas knows where to go lol! We bought another picture with her cousin too, but not putting it up as not asked SIL.

Here's her pressies & Lexi-Mai with Father Christmas (not great as can't get scanner to work!!) :love: xxx

Attachments

• 125.jpg
    125.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 126.jpg
    126.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 128.jpg
    128.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 22
Aww that's so lovely. Made me cry looking at your pictures! I want to take k now xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back