MMR

maybebaby

Reaction score
Just interested really...

What are/were your reasons for your decision?

1 - I don't think there is anything wrong with it
2 - I wouldn't want my child to put other children in school at risk. I wouldn't want someone in Damien's class at school un-jabbed putting him at risk if there is one!

Zack had it.... I wasnt to sure about it. But got talked into it by my mum :?

i was in half a mind as my OHs cousin has autism(which his mum thinks was caused by mmr) but my HV was gr8 in giving me advice on all my questions(even silly 1s) she made a seperate paat 2 spk 2 me n my partner about it n gave me this HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE book, on loan which answered all my questions(again!) but at the end of the day i would have felt awful if i hadnt gave her it and shed got any of the illnesses so i decided YES!!

Definately!

as sami said its a worry that others wont have it as i believe they need about 80% of kids immunised to for it to be effective. (if that figure isnt right does anyone know the correct one?) i am not having a go at anyone who isnt immunising by the way - i can totally understand and you have to make a choice you are comfortable with.

i was lookin into it a while back and i hadnt realised that the Dr who first came up with the supposed link was being paid by the parents of some kids who had autism to prove a link for their court case :? wouldnt make him the most impartial person would it? !

it is still a worry but i think the effects/risks of measels etc are very underestimated.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I was really worried about giving my son the MMR soI discussedit with my doctor. He was really straight with me and said that his children had had it and if he thought thre was any risk he wouldn't have given it to his own. We had it done but I have to tell you that Keiran was quite poorly for a few days afterwards and I really did wonder if I had done the correct thing. Now thinking about whether we will give our next baby the MMR I think we will still do it.

I'll be taking Aaron for his. Much more risk by not having it done I'd say so he'll be down the doc's as soon as he's 13 months.

No question in my mind about this one. My dd had it and my ds will the same. I dont believe there is enough evidence to suggest a connection between autism and the MMR as its at about the same time as the MMR is given that Autism can first be detected. The benefits far outweigh the risks in my book and I'd never forgive myself if my child got ill with something serious like measles when I could have done something to protect her.

i had it and turned out fine, my OH had it and he was fine, Adele had it and she was fine so colby has got it and is fine so i dont really see any problem at all with it :D

Seren will be getting it, just not sure yet whether it will be the triple jab or the single vaccinations. Will do more reading around it when its a bit nearer.

adele got the single jab, i just thought it ws cruel aving to give them 3 when they can just have the one jab for the mmr, but that is my opinion

i want Braydon to have his but i dont know if he will as i had a severe reaction to mine (a 40 min fit) so my GP is gonna tlk to the hospital about it may mean having to spend a nite in hospital

Definately yes. I agree with others it is (IMO) selfish not to give MMR. My son is not old enough to be immunnised yet and if he caught measles from someone whose parent had decided not to give MMR Iwould be furious!!!

im a bad mum i cant rememberwhen they gettheir mmr, i thought colby had hers but now im not sure? im sure adele got hers at 6 months but that was so long ago i cant remember now :shock:

i think its about 12-18 month lol
she may have had her whooping cough etc ones at 6 month

:think: i dont know but i know after she got her mmr thats when the big thing came out about it and people were blaiming it for autism butit was to late to change our minds anyway cos she already got it, but i remember my friend inquiring about the triple vaccine and nhs were charging £50 per jab :shock: so im glad that everything was ok and she just got the 3in 1 jab and i will be doing the same for Colby :D

There are so many people not getting it these days that these controlled viruses are coming back now and I cannot risk my babies getting any of them.

Im behind it 100%

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back