MMR jab?!

twinkle84

Reaction score
Hey just wondered what everyone's view on the MMR jab was? Just had LO letter come through! I remember asking the MW about sonething when preg and her telling me to get MMR separate! I don't mind paying if it's safer but just wondered what your views were? And also those Los who have had it how bad was it abd how were your poor little mites after?? Thanks xx

My son had it done and caused no problems. I think he had 2 other jabs at the same time and was a bit moany for 24 hours or so.

Really glad he's had it now because having just started school, we've had a letter sent home to say a child in the school has contracted measles......It's a dreadful illness and i'm so pleased that Ben is safe from it

Lo had all his al once and Was fine. Xx

Tegan had hers the first week of november, screamed like crazy straight afterwards then was fine she got a slight rash a couple of days later but was fine after that xx

I dont understand why they are done at the age they are, IF Jasper is to be given an such injection at all (and he will probably just have the single measles jab) it will be given when he is older, around 3 or 4 and his brain is not developing as quickly as it is at 18mnths.

Hiya,

I was note keen on giving the MMR to my son, spoke to a health visitor and she actually told me not to give it to my son. I am glad as he has autism and if I had let him have MMR I would have blamed the vaccine and myself. I think its a personal choice so I am not saying you or anyone else should not let their child have it but just giving my experience. I agree with dragonfly fi tho and dont know why they give so many vaccines in one go to such a small child that is developing so rapidly xx

Lennon had his all in one go and was fine. I intend to do the same with Jax

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Mine have all had their immunisations without problem. We're so lucky in this country to have a fab scheme for immunisations, I hope more money is raised to provide protection for lo's in poorer countries :(
Measles is a hideous disease, I have seen first hand the damage it does.
Mumps is also very damaging, especially for boys. Hopefully these diseases can be eradicated and we will see the end of them soon x

Sent from my gorgeous iPhone 4S

I agree with dragonfly fi tho and dont know why they give so many vaccines in one go to such a small child that is developing so rapidly xx

there is no reason, other than money and it being more convienient for the powers that be.

For what its worth, Mumps is only damaging when a boy reaches puberty giving up to 12 years for him to catch it safely and grow a natural, long life immunity to it

same with rubella for girls

the only time those diseases are dangerous are when the victims of them reach puberty without getting them harmlessly in childhood and becoming immune, and instead getting them in later life (which can happen because vaccination immunity only lasts 7ish years, not permenantly like natural immunity)

So actually giving our children these vaccines in early life does the very opposite of protecting them.

Both my kids have had it, would rather they had the immunisation than possibly get ill with the virus's. And i will be getting Baby to have it when she is here x

Dont believe everything you hear about your lo's being safe until they are older. I know 3 lo's who have a very poor prognosis vision wise after catching measles. There corneas are scarred and their hearing is also effected.

Mumps is also quite painful for all ages and can effect other organs pre-puberty.

measles is very dangerous for children, mumps and rubella are pretty tame though, until puberty... as mentioned above.

Mumps is very painful for all ages.

Thanks for all comments really appreciate them all, although im now even more confused as to what to do xx

Mumps has also been linked to viral meningitis in small children.

Thanks for all comments really appreciate them all, although im now even more confused as to what to do xx

Do what you think is best hun, just be aware of all the pros and cons x

Follow your heart, there is lots of research for and against

I suppose, for me, it really came down to weighing it up based upon the information i had gathered

there is a wonderful book called 'The truth about vaccines' which i read and i also looked at www.jabs.com as well as looking over past court trials, medical trials and quite simply the contraindications written on the leaflet of the injection

For me, the simple fact that the MMR can cause auto-immunity disorders in some children, was worse than the diseases they vaccinate against.

Measles is a deadly one and i will definitely be vaccinating against that when Jasper is old enough

Rubella is harmless for boys

Mumps is harmless for boys until puberty, and regardless of them being a bit uncomfortable for a while if they get it, they are gaining an immunity to a disease that can leave them unable to bear children years after the immunity from the vaccine has worn off.

People come to their own decision, it is really up to you but there is plenty of information out there for you to research on your own. I have pretty much made my opinion clear ;) But if you wish to hear any more information or why i have come to that conclusion i am more than happy to share it :)

Good luck, follow your heart x You'll know what you feel is best xx

There are lots of for and against arguments. I'm talking from experience, real children I have seen who have had mumps and measles and the effects on their health, not things I have read (although as part of my degree I had to read up about both the diseases and the vaccine).
Make your own minds up and do what you think is best for your lo x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back