Miscarriage?

Rlmobbs

Reaction score
I need some advice, my 2 friends were expected a baby. At 23 weeks and 5 days she suddenly said that she had a miscarriage and her bf didn't know anything about it. She claims she got didn't want to see the baby and she has no proof that she didn't have an abortion which is what we suspect. Father is distraught and need to know the truth.
Would she have been given anything? Fetal death certificate or anything?

goodness thats awful!

at 23 weeks she wouldnt have been allowed an abortion as she is close to 24 weeks which mean that the baby is vaiable for survival so its illegal.

if she had a misscarriage she would have had to give birth and endure a traumatic experience. Im not sure about the death cert but a 23/24 week old baby doesnt just dissapear

did she have a bump etc and scans etc?

if she mc at that stage she would have been in agony too its like full blown labour

WSS. In this situation you have to consider that she wasn't even pregnant...

Isn't the uk limit for termination 24 weeks?? So she could have had one. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

It all sounds very dodgy - are you sure she was pregnant in the first place? :shock:

xxxxxxxxxxx

Isn't the uk limit for termination 24 weeks?? So she could have had one. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

yeah but at 23-4 weeks thats pretty damned close if it was allowed it shouldnt have been

there would have to have been a definite reasosn for it

Woahhh :/ ..

Ino at my hosp ur given a certificate past 12 weeks.
And being 23 weeks surely she would have had to give birth to the baby and surely would have been kept on over night. When i miscarried 16 weeks i had to have suction and was kept in :/ ..
Sounds abit fishy to me :s
Buttt like lynette said she wouldnt have been allowed an abortion that far gone

Yep she could have made it all up!
Lots of 'women' do it for attention

Anddd im sure at 24weeks yeh u can but i thought it was only if theres seen to be life threatening problems or a disability ect is found with the baby (ive worded that completely wrong but u grt my drift) and the parents want rid

^^ yeah your are right hun, it has to pose serious risk to the mum mentally, physically or the baby has to have a serious defect for you to be allowed to consider a termination.

sounds like she was making it up to me, unless she had a bump etc

what an awful situation

If this was a miscarriage then she would have had to give birth and would be considered a stillbirth as opposed to a miscarriage!

Had she had a termination it would have only been allowed (on the NHS anyway) if some serious birth defect was found at the 20 week scan.

xxxxxxxxx

My cousin lost her baby at 24 weeks, it is not classed as a misscarriage. The hospital cremated the baby and she was laid to rest in the hospital baby gardens. My cousin was given feet and hand paintings of the little one and i'm pretty sre she got a death certificate too.

I think someone wanted some attention and got carried away with the lie, surely there would of been scans and midwife appointments. Did she have the green book?! x

woooo i dont even wanna think about someone lieing about something like this:shock::mad:,,but yer agree with all the others she would have had to give birth to a baby which would have been pretty traumatic if u ask me,she would have had to been started off with pesserys and maybe a drip so would have been in hospital a couple of days maybe depending how long it took to work,if this person has lied she needs serious help if u ask me specialy when u see so many ladies all over the world struggling to have a baby its sick it realy is i cant even bare to think about it!! x KARMA xx

She was definatley pregnant because they had scan pictures Nd he had been to midwife appointments with her. She said she fainted on Friday and then because she was loosing so much blood they performed a d&c somehow she didn't think there was a need to call the father during this period and then told him on Saturday when she got home that she had had a miscarriage. She didn't even think to consider the father IF it was a miscarriage as to keeping the fetus so that he could say goodbye and have a burial but she just told the hospital to get rid of the baby.
Heartbreaking!

I thought you only got a death certificate if the baby breathes - I dont mean this to sound harsh but i cant think how else to type it - if a baby is a stillbirth legally its a "fetus" - it has to breathe to be a "person" and then die iykwim. sorry, i know that sounds really really harsh obviously i know a still birth is still a person but not in the eyes of the law.

Could it be that she was just really traumatised and just wanted it over and done with. I misscarried at only 7weeks, and I just wanted to pretend it never happened. obviously a lot earlier - but i went into hosp at midnight, was out by 10am - and that night i went out to a party with my friends leaving DH at home. I didnt even think about how he'd be feeling, I just wanted everything to be normal, at least for that first night.

xxx

i dont think they do a d & C for a 23 week old hun? nothing adds up?

she would have gone through labour, fair enough you do get to choose whether the baby is dealt with via the hospital or if you would like to bury it. But at 23/24 weeks there is so much more involved

so suprised she did this alone? so sorry too

they cannot do a dnc at that stage she has to either give birth or have a section simple as that realy,with a dnc they scrape the inside of the uterus and with erpc they use a suction method neither of these can be done with a 23 week old baby its just not doable,did she not get a photo and hand/foot prints? its just all a bit odd why would u go through summet like that alone i just dont know, x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back