Midwife @ 41 weeks

claire81

Reaction score
Went to the midwife today for my 41 week check up and sweep. Blood pressure a little on the high side, gluclose in my urine and baby is still really high up! :( I'm not a happy bunny, she went to do a sweep and because the head STILL hasn't dropped enough she could only just get her fingertip to the entrance of my cervix so its most likely now that baby will be induced next wednesday. :cry: She said not to be disheartened as it could still come at anytime but it doesn't sound promising does it! She also said babies don't like to arrive if the mother is ill - i have woke up today with a stinking cold again :(
So it looks like it will be hospital saturday for a day of monitoring baby and me, then hospital next wednesday to be induced.

o dear, baby isnt makin it easy for mummy!! :hug: :hug:
itl all be worth it when theyre here, hang in there claire! :hug:

:hug: Poor you, you obviously have been making it ever so cosy in there for baby, it's being too snug and cuddled up to mummy to even think about wanting to come into the world!

awww hun, really feel for you. it will be worth it when you are cuddling your lovely baba :hug:

Aww :hug: sorry baby isn't moving down and ready for you to deliver Claire. :hug:

I'm sure once LO is here you won't even remember all the anxiety and waiting around. Just think, by this time next week you could be cudding your LO. :D

You never know Claire - it can still happen between now and Wednesday - sending labour vibes your way :hug: :hug: :hug:

LBxx

:hug: I really feel for you, I was eight days over and it is really frustrating! My advice to you is go to bed and sleep loads and loads, whichI know is hard as you are probably really uncomfortable!! Teej arrived after my sweep though, so you never know :hug:

Hi Claire i will keep everything crossed for you so you don't have to have the induction, have you tried going up the stairs on your hands and knees :| :) xx

Hi

Sorry hun sounds like LO is being difficult!
Im sure it will all work out and you never know things could pick up before then
Katrina

Awww chick thats crap. Hope things are alright and that baby decides to make an entrance some time soon *shouts to baby* HURRY UP!!! :p

Hope ya cold gets better soon xxx

Thanks for all your lovely replies, still here today, have had constant niggly tummy ache and pains since yesterday and am losing the brown discharge still but still got little feet bashing my ribs in :rotfl:
I suppose its a nice thought she did say baby was very happy in there and must feel really safe :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back