41 weeks today

MagicMarkers

Reaction score
Hope your listening little lady 41 weeks today !!! :D

Went to my midwife today, only realised at 2 that i was booked in for a stretch n sweep today rather than 2morow at 4.30. Had a bath n a tidy up of the old lady garden, got to the midwifes and........... it was a boy !!! Now i dont think i would have minded too much its just i couldnt quite get my head around it especially as id psycked myself up so much..

Anyways had me hands examined for the first time :think: he says my fingers arent THAT fat so good times, and then i had my stretch n sweep, wasnt that bad or uncomfortable to be honest but then he said my cervix was too high to reach and that was unusual because he had a *really good reach generally * so could be that !
Was he callin me a bucket fanny or saying he had really long fingers lol I overlooked it either way and he said to be honest i think an inductions the only way for you love :(

So im booked in for Sunday at 10pm meaning il be a mum in my twenties and not in my teens as im 20 on Saturday, :cheer: :cheer: and that i think ill actually go a bit mental all Sunday waiting for 10pm to roll round :roll:

When i got out Oh wanted to know why i couldnt be induced on my birthday :wall: charming eh !

Anyways i was wondering if any of you ladies knew what would happen come Sunday ?!?

xxx

Can't give you any advice as I have never been in this position before but just wanted to say

GOOD LUCK
:hug:

Will be thinking of you :hug:

Poor you babes x sound a bit like me but i'm not as far as you .. yet!! My B'day is gonna be close if not same day as induction!!!

I think i'd of died on the spot if my MW was a boy

Least you'll have your gorgeous LO in your arms by sunday

and Happy Birthday for Sat incase things happen before then xx

Does that make him a midhusband :think:

Anyway good luck it seams we are gonna have a few babies happening very soon here :cheer:

Sending you lots of luck for the weekend!!! I have a midman too...he's a nice guy, sort of earth mother type-if that makes sense? He has been good all the way though my pregnancy although come Friday i'm due a sweeep which i'm a little nervous about a guy doing it.

Happy birthday for Sat too!!!

xx

Good luck for sunday hun!
I never needed to be induced to start off the labours ( I had the drip with my first but because things werent progressing) But i think they will give you the gel or pessary, then again in the morning if nothing has happened! Then break your waters and if still nothing probably the drip! Though Im sure you wont get that far! I think you will go in natural labour on your birthday!! ;) :pray:

Hiya, think there is only me & you left of the overdue folk... although not heard much from little bump since her contractions the other day.... im 41+3 today :) having my 2nd sweep tomorrow (so called first one failed as my cervix was closed... 2nd one, my "real" 1st was successful so ive asked for another!!). If not ill be being induced on your birthday! Funny though as my OH asked why couldnt it be done on sunday when ill be 42 weeks exactly :lol:

From the leaflet the hospital has given me induction goes...
1) prostoglandin pessary (some places use gel) which helps to soften cervix & help it to open. If you have gel or tablets they give you another after 6 hrs if nothing has happened.
2)Break waters around baby - done during an examination & only done if cervix is beginning to open
3) Syntocinon drip to make uterus contract if not already doing so on its own.

If it helps the government quick guidelines on induction are at http://www.nice.org.uk/nicemedia/pdf/CG ... fguide.pdf
This is what hospitals/drs should be following.

Hope all goes well for you & heres to wishing us both natural labours before the weekend! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back