41+2.....

1stbump

Reaction score
So today (well Monday) midwifey came round to do 2nd sweep
Which was more successful and I was 1cm dilated. But since then
Nothing.

So my date to be induced is Saturday....grrr just feels so far away and I'll be
41+6 by then. Talk about leaving it to the last minute.

And I've heard it starts getting dangerous at this point as ur placenta becomes inefficient

Sick of worrying about when, how, hoping baby pops out ok?

Did Graci9 go into labour yet does anyone know?

Oh my goodness u have made a lovely home inside for your baby. I don't think it's immediately dangerous as soon as u r near 42 weeks, my sister was left til 3 weeks after due to be born but that was years ago! Good luck and I hope this week goes quickly for you xxxx

Lol!!!! Seeeeeee??? Could be three weeks!!! Urghhh I think I'd go mad by then!!! Thank goodness things have changed!

So today (well Monday) midwifey came round to do 2nd sweep
Which was more successful and I was 1cm dilated. But since then
Nothing.

So my date to be induced is Saturday....grrr just feels so far away and I'll be
41+6 by then. Talk about leaving it to the last minute.

And I've heard it starts getting dangerous at this point as ur placenta becomes inefficient

Sick of worrying about when, how, hoping baby pops out ok?

Did Graci9 go into labour yet does anyone know?

FX it kicks off by itself for you. Dont worry about the placenta.... they wouldnt let you go that length if there was a danger it wasnt going to provide for ur baba fully :)

Awwww I'm so sorry, must be frustrating! Your LO is clearly very happy. Don't worry about the placenta etc. as the other ladies say it's not immediately inefficient which is why they induce around 12 to 13 days after. I know some women who have opted not to be induced and all they do is monitor mummy and baby if it passes the 42 week mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back