**May Mummies**

@maythe4thbewit
Oh dear lord, what I wouldn't give to be looking normal right now! I'm plus sized anyway, but I was fit and healthy pre-pregnancy, then it all just hit me hard. Now I look like I could pop any moment and I'm only 26+2, I've gained 2 stone so far but that seems to have steadied itself, and right this moment I'm having to use the footstool from my nursing chair while I do my college work sat on the sofa, because my feet and legs have been swelling like crazy (no other symptoms to indicate pre-eclampsia though, so not worried), it's all so damn uncomfortable.

I've started to really struggle to get around too. Went into town on Monday and had to come back early because I could feel everything just pulling down around my lower abdomen, it was quite painful. Luckily though, baby is sitting higher up now, so I've managed to find a support belt that should actually fit me. Also with him sitting higher up, he's no longer on my sciatic nerve, so sleeping on my side is easier, I just need pillows under my bump for support, though the tightness from the swelling in my feet and legs does make me uncomfortable at night. If it's not one thing it's something else. 12 more weeks of this.... send help!

@maythe4thbewit
Oh dear lord, what I wouldn't give to be looking normal right now! I'm plus sized anyway, but I was fit and healthy pre-pregnancy, then it all just hit me hard. Now I look like I could pop any moment and I'm only 26+2, I've gained 2 stone so far but that seems to have steadied itself, and right this moment I'm having to use the footstool from my nursing chair while I do my college work sat on the sofa, because my feet and legs have been swelling like crazy (no other symptoms to indicate pre-eclampsia though, so not worried), it's all so damn uncomfortable.

I've started to really struggle to get around too. Went into town on Monday and had to come back early because I could feel everything just pulling down around my lower abdomen, it was quite painful. Luckily though, baby is sitting higher up now, so I've managed to find a support belt that should actually fit me. Also with him sitting higher up, he's no longer on my sciatic nerve, so sleeping on my side is easier, I just need pillows under my bump for support, though the tightness from the swelling in my feet and legs does make me uncomfortable at night. If it's not one thing it's something else. 12 more weeks of this.... send help!

I feel for you. I'm plus size too even after losing ten stone, but literally still look exactly like I did before getting pregnant. I have a lot of loose skin so wasnt expecting much of a bump anyway but thought I'd have something at least by now.

I keep gettig pains whenever I walk for more than 30 seconds at a time. Its like stitch pain but low down and stops when I stop moving. Taking the dogs for a walk is becoming a nightmare, walked them far to quickly yesterday and I felt it all night. I bought myself a support belt after xmas because I was getting loads of hip pain but I find it rubbish. The best thing I've bought is a maternity pillow, not for my bump, but for my hips and legs because I've been struggling with pain in them since about 18 weeks when I'm trying to sleep. Definitely worth investing in! Had mine off Amazon, should be handy for breastfeeding too when baby is here xx

Oh! I’m so sorry to hear you ladies are so uncomfortable.

sleeping etc has been fine for me, apart from I just want to lay on my back! It is more comfortable and baby moves a lot more when I’m on my back so I’m convinced they like it too! But I won’t because nhs says not to.

Oh! I’m so sorry to hear you ladies are so uncomfortable.

sleeping etc has been fine for me, apart from I just want to lay on my back! It is more comfortable and baby moves a lot more when I’m on my back so I’m convinced they like it too! But I won’t because nhs says not to.

mine moves more when im on my left side.. so strange huh?

also sorry to hear people are uncomfortable at night - ive been ok so far fingers crossed. over sleeping now if anything

I’m so excited for birth and labour it’s weird but I’m getting a little anxious about breast feeding, is that odd? I don’t want to have formula or anything in the house because I want to commit 100% and the shops are literally down the street but, what if I can’t breastfeed? My sisters are hard hitting breastfeeding advocates and I think my family might think I’m a failure if I can’t do it.

@SugaryIris baby moves more when I'm on my back to but I've never slept on my back anyway so it hasn't been a problem for me. My problem was I always slept on my tummy.

It's my hips and knees that hurt when I try to sleep. That maternity pillow has been a saviour for it.

I want to breastfeed but DH really wants to be able to feed him to. I've got a breast pump ready aswell to Express so he can feed him breast milk as well. I am thinking about combi feeding tbh. Like breastmilk all day and then a formula bottle at night just for bed time feed. I've heard others say this works well for them. And DH is really really wanting to feed him and dont want to deprive him of that. It's easier if you do it from the start apparently as baby gets used to both breast and bottle. At the end of the day though, it's hard and you shouldn't feel bad if it doesn't work out xx

@SugaryIris baby moves more when I'm on my back to but I've never slept on my back anyway so it hasn't been a problem for me. My problem was I always slept on my tummy.

It's my hips and knees that hurt when I try to sleep. That maternity pillow has been a saviour for it.

I want to breastfeed but DH really wants to be able to feed him to. I've got a breast pump ready aswell to Express so he can feed him breast milk as well. I am thinking about combi feeding tbh. Like breastmilk all day and then a formula bottle at night just for bed time feed. I've heard others say this works well for them. And DH is really really wanting to feed him and dont want to deprive him of that. It's easier if you do it from the start apparently as baby gets used to both breast and bottle. At the end of the day though, it's hard and you shouldn't feel bad if it doesn't work out xx

I bought a tommee tippee closer to nature electric pump on the sale for about £40 came with 2 bottles and steriliser. I’ve also heard good things about the Medela bottles that replicate nipples as that is supposed to reduce nipple confusion as well.

I said to dh about feeding but he wasn’t really bothered whether he gets to do it or not. Your dh must be really excited!

Ive have mixed feelings and thoughts on feeding...
firstly,
my friend said once she started a bottle she could never breast feed again :/
secondly,
i also like the idea of hubby being able to feed as well - tho he hasnt said either way about this, honestly we have hardly spoke about the baby (i dunno if this is a bad sign?) lol but considering how soon it is we havent spoke much about it at all, not on names nothing!

I am going to get a tommee tippee complete feeding set and ive been told to hold off on breast pump and see what happens/play it by ear.

I bought a tommee tippee closer to nature electric pump on the sale for about £40 came with 2 bottles and steriliser. I’ve also heard good things about the Medela bottles that replicate nipples as that is supposed to reduce nipple confusion as well.

I said to dh about feeding but he wasn’t really bothered whether he gets to do it or not. Your dh must be really excited!

do you have a link to that deal you got? seems good-

do you have a link to that deal you got? seems good-

I don’t sorry, it was just on their website but it was January so i think it was January sales, an advert popped up on my Instagram whilst I was on a sunbed on holiday and I just remember thinking this is too good to miss!

I’m so excited for birth and labour it’s weird but I’m getting a little anxious about breast feeding, is that odd? I don’t want to have formula or anything in the house because I want to commit 100% and the shops are literally down the street but, what if I can’t breastfeed? My sisters are hard hitting breastfeeding advocates and I think my family might think I’m a failure if I can’t do it.

Hope you don't mind me butting but that's what I did as I wanted to commit 100% too. I'm glad I had that mentality as I really needed that to get through the early weeks as I won't lie it was very, very hard. If we'd had formula in the house he'd have got it! From my experience, I would say that most women who want to breastfeed can with the right support. We certainly didn't have an easy time of it but I know plenty who had it way worse and went on to feed successfully. I'm glad we stuck with it but I can totally see why it isn't for everyone and you just need to do what's right for you and your family.

I've got the tommee tippee closer to nature electric pump too and I've got 6 closer to nature bottles and teats too. Had them January time also. Got them off amazon of I remeber they were doing a deal.

DH is ecstatic! He is really looking forward to bonding through feeding him and I cant/dont want to take that away from him. We were ttc for over 7 years and so I think hes entitled to be able to feed him if he wants. We never thought it was ever going to happen and he was in pure shock when we first found out. I know combi feeding will be extremely difficult but we will just have to rey our best and take each day at a time.

He couldn't even speak when we first found out. He is really really looking forward to it all. Hes so excited. More so than me! Hes gotten everything ready, I've hardly had to think o anything. All he does on his days off is order/organize baby things and look for more baby things! He is obsessed :rotfl:. X

I've got the tommee tippee closer to nature electric pump too and I've got 6 closer to nature bottles and teats too. Had them January time also. Got them off amazon of I remeber they were doing a deal.

DH is ecstatic! He is really looking forward to bonding through feeding him and I cant/dont want to take that away from him. We were ttc for over 7 years and so I think hes entitled to be able to feed him if he wants. We never thought it was ever going to happen and he was in pure shock when we first found out. I know combi feeding will be extremely difficult but we will just have to rey our best and take each day at a time.

He couldn't even speak when we first found out. He is really really looking forward to it all. Hes so excited. More so than me! Hes gotten everything ready, I've hardly had to think o anything. All he does on his days off is order/organize baby things and look for more baby things! He is obsessed :rotfl:. X

Oh I love that so much! My dh loves researching and buying baby things too he even spends days watching YouTube videos of mums explaining their routines etc and researched and bought my nipple cream!

Oh I love that so much! My dh loves researching and buying baby things too he even spends days watching YouTube videos of mums explaining their routines etc and researched and bought my nipple cream!

Aww. Their more excited than us! Haha.

Had my 31 week appointment today with midwife. Iron levels came back as low, explaining the tiredness and muscle pain I've been having. Was half expecting it tbh. She thinks it may be causing the headaches too because urine was clear again and bp normal and no swelling or things.

Got to pick my prescription up tomorrow now when the doctors signed it. Xx

Hoping the iron tablets sort you out and you feel better soon x

I can only guess my Glucose test come back good as they said the latest they would let me know is Thursday and if i dont hear anything its all good so..must be all good :) am pleased, was a bit worried as weds and thurs had such excessive thirst and thought perhaps it could explain why i was getting so tierd

Feeling a tad fussy today, and have psat 2 days.. not really good :( Hopefully its just in my mind and im able to eat in a minute

Just picked my prescription up. What a fuss. Apparently I'd already picked it up two weeks ago. I explained that I only saw midwife and found out I needed it yesterday so asked how that was possible. 20 minutes of confusion later, apparently a dr had looked at my bloods two weeks ago, decided I was anemic. Wrote he prescription and no one had bothered to let me know. No wonder I've been feeling so rubbish lately. Xx

Just picked my prescription up. What a fuss. Apparently I'd already picked it up two weeks ago. I explained that I only saw midwife and found out I needed it yesterday so asked how that was possible. 20 minutes of confusion later, apparently a dr had looked at my bloods two weeks ago, decided I was anemic. Wrote he prescription and no one had bothered to let me know. No wonder I've been feeling so rubbish lately. Xx

jesus! How ridiculous is that?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back