**May Mummies**

Yeah I have an appointment with he diabetic midwife this afternoon to go over last two weeks blood sugars. If I rt a headache again today I'll book in with gp after work tomorrow morning I think as I cant see midwife untill next Thursday xx

hope your bloods are ok x

Hi ladies, im a touch early to be here as well, 25 weeks.. I wondered if people had an opinion on this item?? thinking of hanging it on wall on blackboard part.? I desperately want to get something rainbow in the room, i love pastel rainbow colours..
I dont know if this looks overally girly? suppose if i go for it ill have to hope its a girl n all!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12mm-pom...a=0&pg=2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100752.m1982

I wouldn’t say it is too girly, i never understand why people care so much if things are too boyish or too girlish for a baby, it’s a baby at the end of the day, put it in a rainbow of colours if that’s what you want. It won’t notice either way, the decor is really just for the parents.

I’m so annoyed, and apologise in advance for the rant. My FIL is having investigations for cancer, we don’t know it is cancer yet and could still be other things. My dh lost his mum when he was only 14 and has no siblings, he is very close to his dad, they spend everyday together as they run a business together. Dh is distraught even at the thought of it maybe being cancer and I have been calming him down reassuring him it could be lots of other things. Dh saw my dad yesterday who sat there saying how it was definitely cancer and telling him how my uncle died of the same thing last year and how horrific it was. So now dh has been at work all morning (they start 3am) as his dad isn’t feeling well, with that swirling round his head, and as his dad has been called in for more tests today dh is now climbing the walls with worry, and it’s all my dads fault! Why can’t people just keep their pessimism to themselves?!? Is it so wrong to allow someone to hope?!?

Oh no of course we don’t mind! There is only two of us in here anyway, unfortunately we have lost quite a few may mummies since tri 1!

so will you be delivering at 38 weeks then? It is scary how close it’s getting! I’ve only got 8 more Mondays left at work until Matt leave! Eep!

It still feels so surreal, I just look at my body with so much admiration, it’s so amazing that there is an entire person in my belly!

Yeah, somewhere around 37-38 weeks, though will depend on when Aberdeen have an appointment. I actually live 2 hours away from there, but my local hospital in Elgin is running reduced services at their maternity unit because they are so short of staff, so planned c-sections get sent to Aberdeen, so they are extremely busy and overbooked there. It is very scary how close it is indeed, I have like 12 weeks left! :eek:

Do you know what your having @Jetina or are you keeping it a suprise?

We had a private scan done at 20 weeks and found out we're having a boy! I had to find out, I'm not keen on all the neutral grey/yellow stuff, so I've been able to buy some super cute things for him. Plus I feel like I've been able to bond with him better because I can call him by his name when I talk to him.

I had my GTT yesterday but didn't hear back from the nurse like she said I would. I checked my maternity notes online and got into a panic, because it said my Hb level was 13, so like an idiot I googled it, which said 13 was really high and needed urgent action. So I called them this morning, but I got told that I have the all clear and that 13 is actually really good. So relieved! I celebrated with a glass of chocolate milkshake. :dance:

Made a bit of a mistake to watch a medical video of someone giving birth (with epidural) ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! freaks me out, always wince while watching

I don’t understand why they only show traumatic births there are so many births that aren’t like that.

You should YouTube some calm births or something get those images out of your mind! X

I don’t understand why they only show traumatic births there are so many births that aren’t like that.

You should YouTube some calm births or something get those images out of your mind! X

Video i saw was a epidural birth (on baby centre) women was dead quiet thru entire thing said how painless it was but its the whole seeing it that freaked me out.. blinking head popping out, i guess i kinda wince in pain like ahhhhh thats ganna hurt a lot!! I really dont know what to do about birth yet.. I am considering a epidural but ive had lumber punctures in past (same sort of procedure from what i seen) and dr said to me back then how its damaging to your back etc and generally the LP ive had has never been smooth, only 1 time where it didnt hurt & that was when done thru private medical insurance -_- and one time it was so bad they sent extreme shooting pains all down my legs that i actually screamed and cried instantly, so tbh, it does really worry me.

I'm just trying to go with the flow with birth now. I really wanted a water birth but that's gone out of the window with the gestational diabetes now, despite my blood sugar being completely controlled without meds and no spikes at all :-(.

Will be getting induced before my due date at some point anyway between 38 and 39+6 now because of the GD. Really dont want to be but oh well nothing I can do. One good thing is though that baby had moved head down in last scan so hopefully he stays that way now and doesn't flip back around and then get stuck in my bicornuate uterus to late to turn.

As for pain relief, I'll just take it how it comes. If I want some pain relief when I'm in labour then I will, not going to feel ashamed about it. Especially as induction is supposed to be extra painful compared to going into natural labor. None of us know how we are going to cope with labour or what our births will be like so I'm just going in with an open mind now. (Really really wanted a water birh though :rotfl:, gutted).

@soffphie what's your edd? I'll add you to the front x

Last edited:
Yeh there is no shame in using pain relief, I think you’re doing the right thing going in with an open mind, there is no point worrying about it.

I must be a complete weirdo, I’m looking forward to the birth, it doesn’t scare me like it does a lot of women.

I'm just trying to go with the flow with birth now. I really wanted a water birth but that's gone out of the window with the gestational diabetes now, despite my blood sugar being completely controlled without meds and no spikes at all :-(.

Will be getting induced before my due date at some point anyway between 38 and 39+6 now because of the GD. Really dont want to be but oh well nothing I can do. One good thing is though that baby had moved head down in last scan so hopefully he stays that way now and doesn't flip back around and then get stuck in my bicornuate uterus to late to turn.

As for pain relief, I'll just take it how it comes. If I want some pain relief when I'm in labour then I will, not going to feel ashamed about it. Especially as induction is supposed to be extra painful compared to going into natural labor. None of us know how we are going to cope with labour or what our births will be like so I'm just going in with an open mind now. (Really really wanted a water birh though :rotfl:, gutted).

@soffphie what's your edd? I'll add you to the front x

27th May :) Team Yellow

Reason number gazillion to cry - I dropped part of my bagel on the carpet and can't eat it because we have a dog that's shedding like crazy. I feel so pathetic sometimes. :rotfl:

p.s. also sitting here a wee bit jealous at all your birth planning when I have no other option than to have a section. Wish I could do it naturally, but consultant said there's a 99% chance of having another major tear, no matter how small/big the baby is. Booooo!

@Jetina your cravings are actually making me crave! Bagel and cream cheese and choccy milkshake!! (Shaken Udder one especially!!) Ahhh!! Ok i might have to get a choccy milkshake, problem is where i live you have to drive to get anything.. no walkable shops, tho we do have a great playgroup thats literally around the corner and got me so excited cause A) childcare when 3 be easy!! B) id love a term time job there be super ideal!!

Was going to ask if anyone had any feelings about gender of baby to be right/wrong???
When i found out i was pregnant with this one i actually sed to hubby and quote "im pregnant again and its a girl i know it" my poor lil lost baby i felt was totally a boy i couldnt get myself to feel it was a girl at all.
Hubby now wants to find out, a lot of people have started saying how i should find out gender as well -_- :(

Reason number gazillion to cry - I dropped part of my bagel on the carpet and can't eat it because we have a dog that's shedding like crazy. I feel so pathetic sometimes. :rotfl:

p.s. also sitting here a wee bit jealous at all your birth planning when I have no other option than to have a section. Wish I could do it naturally, but consultant said there's a 99% chance of having another major tear, no matter how small/big the baby is. Booooo!

I’m with you on the crying, I cry at everything! I cried because I wanted a sausage sandwich in the middle of work so one of my staff had to go to Greggs to get me one! Food is a major trigger so don’t feel bad!

I’m sorry you don’t have an option about the birth but at least you will know exactly when your baby will be coming so there won’t be any frustrations If you’re overdue x

@Jetina your cravings are actually making me crave! Bagel and cream cheese and choccy milkshake!! (Shaken Udder one especially!!) Ahhh!! Ok i might have to get a choccy milkshake, problem is where i live you have to drive to get anything.. no walkable shops, tho we do have a great playgroup thats literally around the corner and got me so excited cause A) childcare when 3 be easy!! B) id love a term time job there be super ideal!!

Was going to ask if anyone had any feelings about gender of baby to be right/wrong???
When i found out i was pregnant with this one i actually sed to hubby and quote "im pregnant again and its a girl i know it" my poor lil lost baby i felt was totally a boy i couldnt get myself to feel it was a girl at all.
Hubby now wants to find out, a lot of people have started saying how i should find out gender as well -_- :(

It’s up to you if you find out or not, it’s not like it will change the outcome. If you’re set on having one gender and scared of gender disappointment then Maybe you should find out?

we get mixed reactions from people as we don’t know, some people think it’s great, others think it’s a horrific idea! All I know is that when I have just given birth I was my dh to tell me what it is, I think it will make that moment so extra special.

It’s up to you if you find out or not, it’s not like it will change the outcome. If you’re set on having one gender and scared of gender disappointment then Maybe you should find out?

we get mixed reactions from people as we don’t know, some people think it’s great, others think it’s a horrific idea! All I know is that when I have just given birth I was my dh to tell me what it is, I think it will make that moment so extra special.

Really torn on it. Are you even allowed to have gender disapointment when you've been ttc for so long?? I mean for a long time i didnt almost accept this baby as i wanted my other one back (prob just the grief and trauma mixed in with horrific, isolating HG) and as i said i really felt like that was a boy, i feel both babies have been complete opposite genders but then what do i know? To be very honest i would prefer and love a girl and the husband wants a boy :)
I hate the idea of finding out but at the same time i can see how its useful - better preperation etc

Really torn on it. Are you even allowed to have gender disapointment when you've been ttc for so long?? I mean for a long time i didnt almost accept this baby as i wanted my other one back (prob just the grief and trauma mixed in with horrific, isolating HG) and as i said i really felt like that was a boy, i feel both babies have been complete opposite genders but then what do i know? To be very honest i would prefer and love a girl and the husband wants a boy :)
I hate the idea of finding out but at the same time i can see how its useful - better preperation etc

Of course you’re allowed gender disappointment, it’s so common when people are convinced of a gender they feel that they have bonded with that, so they grieve a little when they don’t have it.

Of course you’re allowed gender disappointment, it’s so common when people are convinced of a gender they feel that they have bonded with that, so they grieve a little when they don’t have it.

I dont think im overally convinced either way now.. i was at start had instant feeling this one was a girl.. but maybe thats because i was convinced other one was a boy and i didnt want a repeat? who knows..? as time goes on im starting to think it could be either way, right now im really not sure if this one will be a girl or boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back