**May Mummies**

maythe4thbewit

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I know some of you arent here yet but as I'm officially 28 weeks today I thought if start our final countdown!

Drop your EDD's below and what team you are and I'll pop them them below :D

I know I'm technically April but I've gotten to know you all and would feel strange not sticking with the May Mums now :)

Cannot believe were here already! Crazy!

How is everyone?

26th April @maythe4thbewit :blue:
30th April @SugaryIris :yellow:
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th
8th
9th
10th
11th
12th
13th
14th
15th
16th
17th
18th
19th
20th
21st
22nd
23rd
24th
25th @Jetina :blue:
26th
27th @soffphie :pink:
28th
29th
30th
31st

Last edited:
Hey! I know I’m only 27w 3d but I already count myself as tri 3 as most of the apps etc do anyway.

I’m the same, due date got brought forward to 30th April but I’m too invested in all of your journeys now to leave.

team yellow for me, I’m most excited about finding out the gender when it’s born!

Hey! I know I’m only 27w 3d but I already count myself as tri 3 as most of the apps etc do anyway.

I’m the same, due date got brought forward to 30th April but I’m too invested in all of your journeys now to leave.

team yellow for me, I’m most excited about finding out the gender when it’s born!

I always thought I'd want a surprise but DH hates surprises and if he found out as I didn't hed never be able not to tell me haha. Also we wanted to get everything ready and be practical. But boring thought compared to a suprise haha! X

I always thought I'd want a surprise but DH hates surprises and if he found out as I didn't hed never be able not to tell me haha. Also we wanted to get everything ready and be practical. But boring thought compared to a suprise haha! X

I was completely taken aback when my dh said he wanted a surprise, he’s such a planner and organiser, even to the extent he has researched what I need in hospital bag, nipple creams etc, I’ve barely had to do any research about stuff for baby lol

I wouldn’t have been able to have him know and not me though, it would just feel wrong, you have to do whatever you both want. Honestly I think I’m having a boy, I keep referring to it as a he so we will see

I was completely taken aback when my dh said he wanted a surprise, he’s such a planner and organiser, even to the extent he has researched what I need in hospital bag, nipple creams etc, I’ve barely had to do any research about stuff for baby lol

I wouldn’t have been able to have him know and not me though, it would just feel wrong, you have to do whatever you both want. Honestly I think I’m having a boy, I keep referring to it as a he so we will see

Will be so exciting to see of your feeling is right! Haha. Will be such a special surprise! Xx

Will be so exciting to see of your feeling is right! Haha. Will be such a special surprise! Xx

yeh dh is pretty sure it’s a girl, and he thinks it will be small but as my sisters have all had babies over 9and a half lbs and one was even 11lb! I’m not sure I trust his feelings :rotfl:

yeh dh is pretty sure it’s a girl, and he thinks it will be small but as my sisters have all had babies over 9and a half lbs and one was even 11lb! I’m not sure I trust his feelings :rotfl:

Haha oh gosh!

DH Was nearly 10lbs, I was a normal 6lb something, but we are both quite tall and boys are meant to be bigger so we are expecting a big baby too, especially now with this GD :help:xx

Haha oh gosh!

DH Was nearly 10lbs, I was a normal 6lb something, but we are both quite tall and boys are meant to be bigger so we are expecting a big baby too, especially now with this GD :help:xx

Ohhh dear! Be interesting to see what the midwives say when they start measuring our bellies! I’ve got my first measurement on Friday.

Got my glucose tolerance test, yay sitting around in a hospital for hours when you can’t eat... can’t wait!

Got my glucose tolerance test, yay sitting around in a hospital for hours when you can’t eat... can’t wait!

Hope it went well. It is very boring.

Had growth scan and consultant today. Baby looks fine and is already comin in 3.3lbs, and measuring two weeks ahead. God help me. Consultant wasnt concerned in the slightest.

BP ans urine fine but my heart rate was really high. I had palpitations yesterday aswel, I've had this in the past though, ecg was normal so the always put it down to anxiety/panic attacks. They gave me another ecg in the Day assessment unit today which was normal but heart rate still high so had a referral to the cardiologist sent off for an echocardiogram, not sure how long it will take. Had a thumping head and been stressed all day, seems to be one thing after another lately. X

Hope it went well. It is very boring.

Had growth scan and consultant today. Baby looks fine and is already comin in 3.3lbs, and measuring two weeks ahead. God help me. Consultant wasnt concerned in the slightest.

BP ans urine fine but my heart rate was really high. I had palpitations yesterday aswel, I've had this in the past though, ecg was normal so the always put it down to anxiety/panic attacks. They gave me another ecg in the Day assessment unit today which was normal but heart rate still high so had a referral to the cardiologist sent off for an echocardiogram, not sure how long it will take. Had a thumping head and been stressed all day, seems to be one thing after another lately. X

Ohhh wow! You weren’t wrong in your thinking’s it will be a big baby. So does that mean it could arrive mid April?!?

good to hear everything else was good, I’ve had palpitations a few times too, one time my bloods showed a low blood count but iron was fine so go said sometimes, it’s just your body working really hard to create/deliver the extra blood to baby which makes sense.

I’ve got my 28 week midwife appointment tomorrow so should be getting the first measurement of the tummy done then.

Ohhh wow! You weren’t wrong in your thinking’s it will be a big baby. So does that mean it could arrive mid April?!?

good to hear everything else was good, I’ve had palpitations a few times too, one time my bloods showed a low blood count but iron was fine so go said sometimes, it’s just your body working really hard to create/deliver the extra blood to baby which makes sense.

I’ve got my 28 week midwife appointment tomorrow so should be getting the first measurement of the tummy done then.

Good luck for tomorrow. Exciting!

Yeah last time I ended up with a racing pulse about a year and half ago they put it down to low iron from heavy periods and glandular fever. My bloods were fine on the repeat tho so they've blamed it on my heavy periods.

I have the thalassemia trait too which means my HB count is always lower than normal but midwife said that my body is used to that because its always been like that. Although she wanted them to recheck my iron levels early at 26 weeks, two weeks ago at the GTT but they refused because I wasnt 28 weeks.

The palpitations I had yesterday were abit different to the ones I've had in the past. Usually I can just feel my heart pounding really hard and fast but yesterday for a few seconds it felt like it was almost fluttering or vibrating for a few seconds. Horrible.

Yeah consultant did say it could be just because of the increased blood flow in pregnancy but because I'd had them in the past before pregnancy she just wants to see if there's anything else going on. Shes the only one that's taken it seriously really everyone else I've ever been to it about has put it down to anxiety/heavy periods and sent me on my way.

No idea about him coming early. She didn't mention. All she said was that she was happy with where he was on the 90th percentile and as long as he followed the curve she was happy. I know with GD the stomach tends to measure ahead and bigger than everywhere else, but his stomach, head and femur all measured in at 30+4 so all in proportion.

X

Last edited:
Had my 28 week midwife appointment, all good, they had my GTT and 28 week bloods already and they are all fine. Had my first fundal measurement and that was fine too.

she listened to the heartbeat but the gel was cold because it was the first appointment of the day and baby was not happy about it and kept kicking the Doppler away! The midwife said she thinks it must be a girl because it’s clearly a princess!

Was also nice to discover my midwife is also trained in hypnobirthing, so I can talk to her about that too.

Had my 28 week midwife appointment, all good, they had my GTT and 28 week bloods already and they are all fine. Had my first fundal measurement and that was fine too.

she listened to the heartbeat but the gel was cold because it was the first appointment of the day and baby was not happy about it and kept kicking the Doppler away! The midwife said she thinks it must be a girl because it’s clearly a princess!

Was also nice to discover my midwife is also trained in hypnobirthing, so I can talk to her about that too.

That good! Glad everything was fine!

Mine hates the doppler too kicks and kicks at it. Midwives have been laughing at it at every appointment. And yesterday at the growth scan he kept punching the ultrasound wand away, you could see it on the screen!:rotfl:

They must hate it xx

That good! Glad everything was fine!

Mine hates the doppler too kicks and kicks at it. Midwives have been laughing at it at every appointment. And yesterday at the growth scan he kept punching the ultrasound wand away, you could see it on the screen!:rotfl:

They must hate it xx

I suppose I wouldn’t like something cold and hard poking into me either :rotfl: poor little sausages! We’re clearly very mean to them!

Hope you ladies don't mind me hopping over here early, the 2nd trimester May thread is very quiet! Currently 25+1 with a due date of 25th May, BUT I'll be delivering 2 weeks early by C-section. It's scary how close it's getting because we still have so much to do and get, but so exciting too!

Hope you ladies don't mind me hopping over here early, the 2nd trimester May thread is very quiet! Currently 25+1 with a due date of 25th May, BUT I'll be delivering 2 weeks early by C-section. It's scary how close it's getting because we still have so much to do and get, but so exciting too!

Oh no of course we don’t mind! There is only two of us in here anyway, unfortunately we have lost quite a few may mummies since tri 1!

so will you be delivering at 38 weeks then? It is scary how close it’s getting! I’ve only got 8 more Mondays left at work until Matt leave! Eep!

It still feels so surreal, I just look at my body with so much admiration, it’s so amazing that there is an entire person in my belly!

Do you know what your having @Jetina or are you keeping it a suprise?

Has anyone else had headaches? Had them now for the last three days. No swelling, been checking blood pressure which is fine and hoovering around 106/70, urine was completely clear on thursday of everything, blood sugars have been within range. I have this awful brain fog too that I've only ever had when I had low iron/glandular fever last year.

I have appointment with diabetic nurse tomorrow to go over last two weeks of blood sugars, and an appointment with my midwife next week. I still waiting on the appointment for the cardiologist to come through for an echo.

Wondering if its worth going to gp tomorrow before I see the diabetic nurse down at the Hospital.

I'm back in work tomorrow night and the thought if it with this headache/brain fog is awful. Xx

Do you know what your having @Jetina or are you keeping it a suprise?

Has anyone else had headaches? Had them now for the last three days. No swelling, been checking blood pressure which is fine and hoovering around 106/70, urine was completely clear on thursday of everything, blood sugars have been within range. I have this awful brain fog too that I've only ever had when I had low iron/glandular fever last year.

I have appointment with diabetic nurse tomorrow to go over last two weeks of blood sugars, and an appointment with my midwife next week. I still waiting on the appointment for the cardiologist to come through for an echo.

Wondering if its worth going to gp tomorrow before I see the diabetic nurse down at the Hospital.

I'm back in work tomorrow night and the thought if it with this headache/brain fog is awful. Xx

I haven’t had a headache but I have had a pot of pressure in between my eyes and nose and midwife said that it is the increased blood flow making the sinuses swell, so maybe it is something similar for you? Worth checking out either way though x

I haven’t had a headache but I have had a pot of pressure in between my eyes and nose and midwife said that it is the increased blood flow making the sinuses swell, so maybe it is something similar for you? Worth checking out either way though x

Yeah I have an appointment with he diabetic midwife this afternoon to go over last two weeks blood sugars. If I rt a headache again today I'll book in with gp after work tomorrow morning I think as I cant see midwife untill next Thursday xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back