**May Mummies**

Is anyone having leg cramps?

I've had them mildly on and off for a while, but the last few nights (or days rather) I am waking up in agony in bed and having to jump straight out of bed just to stop my calf seizing up. He pain has been so bad. I've never had cramps like it.

I doubt its dehydration as I have always drank about 4/5 litres of water, even before coming pregnant. Also have been taking a magnesium supplement from about 13 weeks due to the horrendous constipation.

They are so painful. Xxx

Yeh I’ve had a few, apparently it’s quite common in the third trimester so I don’t think it’s anything to worry about unless it’s accompanied by swelling or bruising x

So a potentially controversial decision but I’ve decided to cancel my antenatal classes. I’ve been hearing that a lot of women leave them more scared, because they are very doom and gloom and go on about everything that could go wrong, I feel I can prepare enough for birth without them.

So a potentially controversial decision but I’ve decided to cancel my antenatal classes. I’ve been hearing that a lot of women leave them more scared, because they are very doom and gloom and go on about everything that could go wrong, I feel I can prepare enough for birth without them.

I'm not going to them. Much to my mums dismay. In my area their all on days that I work and I am not getting up in the middle of the day after a nightshift to go to them and the having to go back to work the same night. Just no. I am facing heavy criticism from my mum though who keeps sternly telling me they are more important than all my other appointments. Absolute rubbish. Theres so much information and resources online nowadays that I think we can prepare adequately, birth plans and ideal births usually go out the window in actual labour anyway. Also tend to agree, sometimes to much information is bad. No point scaring yourself. Weel get thought it somehow, we have to. And our bodies are made to do it. Sometimes I think thy cause more worry than they need to xxx

Really torn on it. Are you even allowed to have gender disapointment when you've been ttc for so long?? I mean for a long time i didnt almost accept this baby as i wanted my other one back (prob just the grief and trauma mixed in with horrific, isolating HG) and as i said i really felt like that was a boy, i feel both babies have been complete opposite genders but then what do i know? To be very honest i would prefer and love a girl and the husband wants a boy :)
I hate the idea of finding out but at the same time i can see how its useful - better preperation etc

Of course you can be disappointed, though I'm sure when you have your baby in your arms it will all just melt away. Me and everyone around me was convinced I was having a girl. All those theories like Ramzi, nub, chinese calendar, old wives tales etc all indicated a girl, but our gender scan said a boy. I felt a little disappointed at first, but in all honestly, that quickly changed when I could finally buy baby boy clothes that same day. Now I'm just glad knowing that my baby is happy and healthy, especially when I see and feel him squirming and kicking, it really helps bonding with them and you kinda get to know them long before they are born.

Is anyone having leg cramps?

I've had them mildly on and off for a while, but the last few nights (or days rather) I am waking up in agony in bed and having to jump straight out of bed just to stop my calf seizing up. He pain has been so bad. I've never had cramps like it.

I doubt its dehydration as I have always drank about 4/5 litres of water, even before coming pregnant. Also have been taking a magnesium supplement from about 13 weeks due to the horrendous constipation.

They are so painful. Xxx

Sometimes, but more when I've not had enough to drink or I've pushed myself too far physically that day. I'm suffering more with my feet and legs swelling, they end up feeling really tight and prickly by the end of the day. I'm not too worried about it though because elevating them in bed relieves it by morning, and I've been through phases of them swelling over the years anyway because I have varicose veins. They do end up a little restless in bed as a result though, just can;t get comfortable when they are so swollen.

I'm probably not going to go to mine unless they are local, we live in a rural area where most things are in the next town 10 miles away, but it's not easy for me to get there unless someone drives me through. Besides, all the labour stuff isn't of any use to me, and I remember the baby first aid stuff from last time, albeit 12 years ago. Plus I've had first aid training as part of my childcare courses when I had to do placements in nurseries and schools, and there is a wealth of information on the internet too, so I'm not worried about it.

@Jetina

Really? you did all the skull, nub theorys and all said girl? They always make that out to almost be 100% certain so interesting that it is far from it..
I did post a couple of pics of scans on some nub theory sites but no one could tell as apparently the nub wasnt visable, kinda glad no one knew cause i half didnt wanna know or hear any guesses anyway.

Anyone got any stretch marks yet? I know I’m going to get some, my mum and sisters are covered and I have loads of my bum and thighs already from puberty so I’m clearly prone to them, just waiting to see when they turn up but I don’t know when people normally get them.

No stretch marks for me yet, but ive been told i dont look 6mths pregnant.

I noticed this morning by belly feels massive and im not bloated, opposite starving (diabetes test!).

Id rather have a bump soon, i didnt ever expect to be 6mths and not have one.

I'm already covered in stretch Mark's from being 10 stone heavier a few years ago. 30 weeks now and no bump for me. People in work are still getting shocked when I tell them I'm pregnant l, especially when they find out how far along I am. So no new stretch Mark's for me. Everyone keeps telling me I dont look pregnant at all, quite sad really. :-( but oh well, was expecting it with the weight loss and having so much loose skin already xx

I'm already covered in stretch Mark's from being 10 stone heavier a few years ago. 30 weeks now and no bump for me. People in work are still getting shocked when I tell them I'm pregnant l, especially when they find out how far along I am. So no new stretch Mark's for me. Everyone keeps telling me I dont look pregnant at all, quite sad really. :-( but oh well, was expecting it with the weight loss and having so much loose skin already xx

I half hate it as well, when i last went in office they joked im pretending to be pregnant. Made me sad. Esp when you see people 4 weeks behind you with perfect lil bumps & there i am just the same.... I dont think its helped with bump that i lost nearly 2 stone with HG..?
Ive been told i'll get one soon!

Honestly it’s so crazy how people’s bodies can behave so differently, i would love a nice petite little bump, I’m sure it will make tri 3 much easier as well as recovery!

Honestly it’s so crazy how people’s bodies can behave so differently, i would love a nice petite little bump, I’m sure it will make tri 3 much easier as well as recovery!

I'd take any bump atm :rotfl:. I literally have nothing. I look no different from the side whatsoever. How can you get to 30 weeks and look exactly the same when I supposedly have a 3.3lb baby inside me :? (well heavier now as that was 2 weeks ago). I've only put on 8lbs too. My boobs havent grown either, not even a cm. I dont know what's more annoying :D lol xx

I'd take any bump atm :rotfl:. I literally have nothing. I look no different from the side whatsoever. How can you get to 30 weeks and look exactly the same when I supposedly have a 3.3lb baby inside me :? (well heavier now as that was 2 weeks ago). I've only put on 8lbs too. My boobs havent grown either, not even a cm. I dont know what's more annoying :D lol xx

8lbs?!? You are living the dream last time I weighed myself was a few weeks ago and I’d put on 14, can guarantee it’s more now. I’m a little anxious about my weight, when she measured my bump I was smack bang on the top black line, I don’t know what percentile that was but I’m guessing it’s bigger than average ☹️ My family has big babies, one sister had 3 all 9 and a half lbs and the other had an 11lb baby! I really don’t want a massive baby!

8lbs?!? You are living the dream last time I weighed myself was a few weeks ago and I’d put on 14, can guarantee it’s more now. I’m a little anxious about my weight, when she measured my bump I was smack bang on the top black line, I don’t know what percentile that was but I’m guessing it’s bigger than average ☹️ My family has big babies, one sister had 3 all 9 and a half lbs and the other had an 11lb baby! I really don’t want a massive baby!

I'm the same. Even though I've only put on 8lbs, the baby was still measuring 2 weeks ahead two weeks ago and was 3.3lbs which put him on the 90th percentile, estimating to be around 9.9lbs at full term :think:. They couldn't blame it on the GD though because his head, leg and stomach all measured two weeks ahead and if it's the GD thats causing it, only the stomach measurement is bigger :cheer:x

I'm the same. Even though I've only put on 8lbs, the baby was still measuring 2 weeks ahead two weeks ago and was 3.3lbs which put him on the 90th percentile, estimating to be around 9.9lbs at full term :think:. They couldn't blame it on the GD though because his head, leg and stomach all measured two weeks ahead and if it's the GD thats causing it, only the stomach measurement is bigger :cheer:x

well PCOS causes bigger babies apparently so we will just have to blame it on that! Or the fact we are clearly excellent incubators :rotfl:

well PCOS causes bigger babies apparently so we will just have to blame it on that! Or the fact we are clearly excellent incubators :rotfl:

:rotfl: the best thing is, I'm still sticking to my calories controlled diet of '1200' cals a day, as per midwife instructions from the beginning. How can a baby grow that big from under eating so much. I dont understand. X

When do they start trying to estimate birth weights? from what point onwards and who does it? the midwife? the growth scans?
Im dying to know how much baby weighs now. I wondered if this might be something W2TW will estimate at 4D scan?

@maythe4thbewit interesting they told you to not eat that much? no ones ever said anything like that to me, i lost weight and was told off for it basically. I am trying to do a 'maintainance' diet/way of eating

When do they start trying to estimate birth weights? from what point onwards and who does it? the midwife? the growth scans?
Im dying to know how much baby weighs now. I wondered if this might be something W2TW will estimate at 4D scan?

@maythe4thbewit interesting they told you to not eat that much? no ones ever said anything like that to me, i lost weight and was told off for it basically. I am trying to do a 'maintainance' diet/way of eating

Who does your weight depends on who your care falls under. I'm joint led by consultant and midwife due to being high risk. Wttw might do it later on.

As for calories, I was told this at my booking appointment because I'd lost ten stone previously and they didn't want me to "pile" it back on so told me to stick to what my bodys used too. Which I told midwife was 1200 cals. GP disagreed with this though and said I should be eating reccomend amount for a women. Consultant agreed with midwife and actually told me it won't hurt if I loose more weight whilst pg. Xx

Who does your weight depends on who your care falls under. I'm joint led by consultant and midwife due to being high risk. Wttw might do it later on.

As for calories, I was told this at my booking appointment because I'd lost ten stone previously and they didn't want me to "pile" it back on so told me to stick to what my bodys used too. Which I told midwife was 1200 cals. GP disagreed with this though and said I should be eating reccomend amount for a women. Consultant agreed with midwife and actually told me it won't hurt if I loose more weight whilst pg. Xx

Oh I see, i was never told what calories to have - all my consultant said was 'its not a time to diet, baby needs food' but i wasnt exactly dieting...I just lost a lot due to HG thats all.
I think for me instead of giving in and eating loads, I am going to eat to maintain weight.
Id say your midwife & consultant are right tho :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back