**May Mummies**

Morning ladies, I keep meaning to catch up with things on here but just been so tired. Sleep is becoming a distant memory at the moment, if it's not my sciatica playing up it's acid reflux forcing me to go sit upright out of bed. Baby's been a little bugger, was getting lots of strong movement to the point that it can get quite painful, my belly has been feeling so big and stretched that I'm convinced it'll burst at any moment. Yesterday I wasn't feeling much movement at all, so went to lie down while hubby and me watched my belly. We spotted movement but I wasn't feeling it, so figured he was behind me placenta again. Got tonnes of squirming last night when I was sat up with reflux, then nothing this morning. Had something sugary (an excuse to have chocolate at 7am, haha) and he hasn't stopped since. He's been kicking right down in the foof recently too, and there's so much pressure that I'm getting paranoid I'll push him out when I go to the loo! I'm so ready for this pregnancy to be over already. 7 weeks and counting till my C-section!

I also had a quiet day all day as well then more afternoon/evening got some movement. was worried i was going to have to go to hospital, had small spouts this morning. I dunno i dont feel her as much as id like to sometimes - and i definately do not see her nearly popping out of stomach i really hope this happens soon but maybe she is just small etc. Way things are in this country/world at the moment im torn on if i just want her out now or would rather she waited.

Our pram for the girl arrived today. Its very nice.! :)
Its a 3 in 1 kit , with 0-6mth section being what are in the 2 pics. I cant upload the others as they are too big etc and i cba to crop them down tbh! Haha :p
So pleased with it. Its a beautiful set. We have our Isofix and cars in car. I guess its safe to leave a car seat in car overnight etc??
I am honestly not sure where going to store pram bits as its a chasis, 0-6mth bit in pic and a toddler seat. We only have 2 bedrooms.. -_-
Isofix was quite fiddly to fit!
Has meant i have had to move seat forward to fit it in as well. Car & House both showing their smallness! :/ lol

IMG_20200323_162814_542.jpg IMG_20200323_162814_543.jpg

@soffphie - Ohhh a Venicci, shinyyyy! We got a Cuggl travel system from Argos because money is really tight, I would have loved something like what you have though if circumstances were different. Originally I had bought a second hand SIlvercross one, but got rid of it because I started getting paranoid about the second hand car seat and it was so old it couldn't be replaced.

@soffphie - Ohhh a Venicci, shinyyyy! We got a Cuggl travel system from Argos because money is really tight, I would have loved something like what you have though if circumstances were different. Originally I had bought a second hand SIlvercross one, but got rid of it because I started getting paranoid about the second hand car seat and it was so old it couldn't be replaced.

Aww it doesnt matter what type you have travel system wise :)
I think for car seats and bases in particular they say its better to buy first hand & agree with that tbh :)
Im sure your travel system is Loverrrly aswell

Pretty travel systems ladies!

lovely to hear about the babies movements and I’m glad I’m not the only one who has some quieter days.

pretty scary stuff about the coronavirus lockdown now being in effect for at least the next 3 weeks. Hope you all manage to stay safe and keep yourself occupied xx

@soffphie - Aye I'm happy with it, it's lovely and lightweight and a blue denim-like material. It cost about £230 for everything including the isofix base. It's been assembled and sat in the lounge since I was about 20 weeks, can't wait to finally use it!

@SugaryIris - lovely bump you have there, so jealous, I look like I'm having triplets or something, haha!

@Jetina sounds beautiful. Babies dont really care if they are in designer travel systems or not anyway, tbh it was more for me this pram then it was the baby - just loved it second saw it. For us it was perfect as it was the only one that matched our height-lol all others were quite low down for us etc this one just felt perfect in every way. I do sometimes think Yikes i spent far to much on a pram

@SugaryIris lovely bump for 34 weeks im 31 weeks mines just naff tbh. I think anyway. Look just fat not pregnant. Lots of people do not know i am pregnant from glancing

Thanks ladies.

I bought the uppababy vista pram, we got a separate car seat, went for a cybex that spins to the side for taking baby out as I didn’t want a removable one and this does up until they are 4 years old!

I wanted a pram that would be good for dog and country walks etc, not that we will get to do that many now ☹️

Thanks ladies.

I bought the uppababy vista pram, we got a separate car seat, went for a cybex that spins to the side for taking baby out as I didn’t want a removable one and this does up until they are 4 years old!

I wanted a pram that would be good for dog and country walks etc, not that we will get to do that many now ☹️

I love our pram for that. its got a fantastic suspension on it really has its like a big pram that looks big and impressive etc but folds down really tight, its honestly a fantastic pram. I always liked it when i saw it online and when we went to see it in person we both thought it was fantastic, the height of it, size, wheels big, great suspension etc.
P.S. I think you can still go on country walks :) just a long list of other stuff you cant do sadly

I seen a lot of stuff where people have made Rainbows and stuff for house etc in a symbol of hope Corona is over soon! Ive had my rainbow catcher for a while now but here it is making some rainbows on wall today n all

IMG_20200325_110622.jpg

@SugaryIris - You should definitely be able to go for country walks, less likely to come into contact with others and will be great for both you and the baby. I'm intending to go for shorter walks when he's first born, then start taking him to the forests and beaches that we take the dogs to when my section scar is a bit better and I can do a bit more. Perks of living in a rural part of Scotland. :D

@soffphie Awwww, are those your scan pics on the wall? I love that the rainbows are scattered around them.

We're finally getting some stuff sorted here, our bedroom has needed a really good sort and rearrange to make it suitable for a baby and crib, so we made a start today getting my side of the bed sorted and moved the crib into there. We're planning on doing little bits each day while we're both stuck at home. He works for a small IT company and luckily his boss has sense. Most clients have been set up to work from home now, and if anything major happens then his boss is going out to them. Awesome boss helping his employee protect his pregnant wife!

I tried to conceive during my ovulation time and have missed my period for 3 months, but when I take a pregnancy test I keep receiving negative results. I went to the doctor's last month for a blood test+ultrasound and they didn't see anything. If I were to be pregnant I should be 13 weeks. Now I'm having lower left side cramping for one week but now its getting more uncomfortable, Its hard to bend down (when trying to clean the house) also I'm having shortness of breathing (forgetting to inhale). I took another pregnancy test today and it was negative I took an ovulation test and that was positive

@Jetina Yeh i have a sun catcher in window (have for a while!) & Makes all sorts of rainbow shapes on a good sunny day.

And yeh thats my "scan wall" as i call it :) once babies here and stuffs settled it will become a family wall with a Our Family sticker and a collage of 23 or so framed pics :)

Does anyone know how you go about understanding from your employer how much maternity pay you will get?
Ive done my own online calculator but does the employer send you a list of what payments you will get and when etc?
Dont want to sound stupid when i ask them

Also what actual maternity stuff will i need? thinking of buying it this pay month.
I dont want to buy too much incase for example, bf doesnt work. Do i need nipple pads, cream, spritz
for bits or whatever its called etc? what stuff will i generally need or are you guys buying for yourself pre baby?

Last edited:
Does anyone know how you go about understanding from your employer how much maternity pay you will get?
Ive done my own online calculator but does the employer send you a list of what payments you will get and when etc?
Dont want to sound stupid when i ask them

Also what actual maternity stuff will i need? thinking of buying it this pay month.
I dont want to buy too much incase for example, bf doesnt work. Do i need nipple pads, cream, spritz
for bits or whatever its called etc? what stuff will i generally need or are you guys buying for yourself pre baby?

I’m not sure, I think my employer said they were going to send me a maternity of statement or something to tell me what I’d be getting when, so I’d just ask them.

you will definitely need nipple cream and pads if you’re breastfeeding, sprits for bits is optional although gets good reviews, you’ll want some nursing bras too. My sister said that your boobs will be pregnancy size for a little while then after a few weeks they will change to their breastfeeding size so I’ve got a couple of ‘night time’ ones that cover a few sizes to start off then I’ll buy proper ones when I know what size to get. I’m also going to not bother with nursing tops and just wear vests under my normal clothes to start with.

The spritz is supposed to be really good, for both natural births and c-section scars! don't get the branded one though, Boots do their own version which is much cheaper and is the same thing, it's called bottoms up. I've got some for my bag as well as their cooling spritz called Cool it Mama, which is great for when you have those hot flashes. It's also great on swollen feet and legs, I use it before bed to calm down the itching and burning feeling because they're so swollen.

Anyone have an opinion on safety of paracetamol with added caffeine?
Hoarders are having all the paracetamol at the mo and if when hubby goes shopping tomorrow its the same case as it was other day, only one that will be available is paracetamol with caffeine -_-
I have daily headaches and gum ache at the moment so am taking 2 a day, very much needed.

Anyone have an opinion on safety of paracetamol with added caffeine?
Hoarders are having all the paracetamol at the mo and if when hubby goes shopping tomorrow its the same case as it was other day, only one that will be available is paracetamol with caffeine -_-
I have daily headaches and gum ache at the moment so am taking 2 a day, very much needed.
Paracetamol only Sophie. I was told by my midwife to not take paracetamol with added caffeine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back