**May Mummies**

Whenever i go to film it baby stops moving Oo lol. :)
I got some very nasty kicks yesterday, first one that made me jump up.. basically kicked me so hard felt it in bum and V not even sure how pos but it really hurt.!
Hoping everyones well. Im thinking of leaving scan this week now, i know a lot of people may disagree but my asthma is awful as it is and it would be worse we think to go and accidentally catch something vs not go. Our consultant has never been that informative anyway, every time its been a case of why are you here etc? And we know from a very recent scan that skull and femur are on the 50% range anyway-
Ive also decided not going to go out unless nec'. No restaurants, cinema etc. I will go to work and visit family but thats it. It might sound OTT but i couldnt imagine anything worse then ending up hospital, having to give birth then not being able to see baby etc.. again im probably really over blowing things!

Understandable if you have problems anyway. I'd call your unit to see what they suggest. I have a scan today but definitely going, mostly because he was measuring so small last time and partly because his movements were so different yesterday too, want to make sure he's ok. I don't get out much anyway, so just going to go about things as normal, as much as possible anyway.
I know what you mean about movements though, it often feels like I'm getting pummelled in the V area, yesterday I was getting it down there and up at the top at the same time, so uncomfortable when you're getting Braxton hicks!

Just got back from my growth scan, looking far better than last time. Last time he was just above the 25th centile and just in the ok range at 2lb 3 oz, but now he is measuring just below the 50th centile at 3lb 7oz, so feeling very relieved! Couldn't help but notice his belly measurement on the screen said it was over a week ahead, so he's going to be a podgy wee thing, haha. My consultant is so scatty though, almost like he was trying to go back on his agreement to book my C-section for 38 weeks, going on about lung development etc, which I'm well aware of which is why we'd discussed steroid shots last time. I had to remind him what happened with my last baby and he could see I was getting upset about it, so he's written it on my notes as a reminder because he can't book it till I'm about 35 weeks. He said he's happy with baby's progress and everything is normal, but then everything was normal last time and look what happened, I just can't go through it again.

Just got back from my growth scan, looking far better than last time. Last time he was just above the 25th centile and just in the ok range at 2lb 3 oz, but now he is measuring just below the 50th centile at 3lb 7oz, so feeling very relieved! Couldn't help but notice his belly measurement on the screen said it was over a week ahead, so he's going to be a podgy wee thing, haha. My consultant is so scatty though, almost like he was trying to go back on his agreement to book my C-section for 38 weeks, going on about lung development etc, which I'm well aware of which is why we'd discussed steroid shots last time. I had to remind him what happened with my last baby and he could see I was getting upset about it, so he's written it on my notes as a reminder because he can't book it till I'm about 35 weeks. He said he's happy with baby's progress and everything is normal, but then everything was normal last time and look what happened, I just can't go through it again.

you have every right to be anxious. Keep pushing for it. You know what is right for you and your baby.

So pm is suggesting pregnant ladies self isolate for three months, I’m working from home tomorrow and told work I will work from home until Matt leave or I’ll leave early. They are having an emergency meeting tomorrow to discuss.

You know what is right for you and baby given your awful past experience. Dont let them go back on it.

Xx

So pm is suggesting pregnant ladies self isolate for three months, I’m working from home tomorrow and told work I will work from home until Matt leave or I’ll leave early. They are having an emergency meeting tomorrow to discuss.

I wish I could work from home.

Unfortunately I work in a hospital so just not possible at all for health care workers. I'm going on maternity leave the end of the month anyway though thank god. I'll be 36 going on 37 by then.

I have another growth scan /consultant appointment this week to check position and weather hes growing properly after tha last one. They've stopped loads of hospital appointments and visiting in my hospital. Dreading that hes still transverse because then ill be admitted at 37 weeks untill he turns and remains head down for 48 hours or untill they decide to section. Will have to stay in for possibility 3 weeks due to risk of cord prolapse. Not ideal atm.

I was also supposed to have an echocardiogram beginning of April to make sure I have no undiagnosed arrhythmias before giving birth, but that's been cancelled now, I understand only keeping urgent appointments but I really needed to get my heart checked out after all the symptoms I've had lay few months.

Xx

Last edited:
I wish I could work from home.

Unfortunately I work in a hospital so just not possible at all for health care workers. I'm going on maternity leave the end of the month anyway though thank god. I'll be 36 going on 37 by then.

I have another growth scan /consultant appointment this week to check position and weather hes growing properly after tha last one. They've stopped loads of hospital appointments and visiting in my hospital. Dreading that hes still transverse because then ill be admitted at 37 weeks untill he turns and remains head down for 48 hours or untill they decide to section. Will have to stay in for possibility 3 weeks due to risk of cord prolapse. Not ideal atm.

I was also supposed to have an echocardiogram beginning of April to make sure I have no undiagnosed arrhythmias before giving birth, but that's been cancelled now, I understand only keeping urgent appointments but I really needed to get my heart checked out after all the symptoms I've had lay few months.

Xx

yeh I would have thought that still counts as an urgent appointment, surely they need to know your heart is okay before labour or a section?

yeh I would have thought that still counts as an urgent appointment, surely they need to know your heart is okay before labour or a section?

Youd think so wouldnt you. But nope had a text saying its cancelled. Apparently their even cancelling some heart surgery. Xx

Youd think so wouldnt you. But nope had a text saying its cancelled. Apparently their even cancelling some heart surgery. Xx

honestly it’s scary! I wonder if more women will be opting for home births rather than going into hospital. My mum works on the cardiac ward and has said that we have one confirmed case in the hospital but not her ward and 3 suspected cases in her ward that are being tested. I don’t know how long until I’ll get to see her now, can’t risk her being around me or a newborn, especially as my FIL is so sick already and dh works with him everyday but you can’t be bakers from home Unfortunately.

honestly it’s scary! I wonder if more women will be opting for home births rather than going into hospital. My mum works on the cardiac ward and has said that we have one confirmed case in the hospital but not her ward and 3 suspected cases in her ward that are being tested. I don’t know how long until I’ll get to see her now, can’t risk her being around me or a newborn, especially as my FIL is so sick already and dh works with him everyday but you can’t be bakers from home Unfortunately.

Luckily I'm on annual leave this week and then have a week left before maternity leave so I may ask my manager about going a week ealry. Unfortunately though my DH also works ina hospital and theres no chance he can stay off so I'm bugered that way too xx

Hey ladies. Im term time and work at a school. Had pressure off hubby and my mum etc to start mat leave early, im really hesistant to cause i think theres a chance my one will close next week.
People are scaring me with usual stuff - you get it youll give birth and baby be taken away put ventilator and you wont be allowed to see it bla bla...
Hubby can work from home and currently is being told only 2x a week actually at work 3x at home to work. He wants contractors stopped from coming in and is actively trying to do this.

I am really scared that it will be my one and only birth and if that all happens above it will be totally ruined to be frank

I have decided to not go to scan Weds, i have had growth measurements done privately anyway in the last week or so

Hey ladies. Im term time and work at a school. Had pressure off hubby and my mum etc to start mat leave early, im really hesistant to cause i think theres a chance my one will close next week.
People are scaring me with usual stuff - you get it youll give birth and baby be taken away put ventilator and you wont be allowed to see it bla bla...
Hubby can work from home and currently is being told only 2x a week actually at work 3x at home to work. He wants contractors stopped from coming in and is actively trying to do this.

I am really scared that it will be my one and only birth and if that all happens above it will be totally ruined to be frank

I have decided to not go to scan Weds, i have had growth measurements done privately anyway in the last week or so
Sophie, i really think you should go to the scan on Wednesday. You are still going to work so in my eyes if you aren't actually self isolating then why would you not go to the scan?! You won't be anymore vunerable in the hospital than you would be in a restaurant.
There are complete different sections in the hospital for corona virus, it wont be anywhere near the maternity ward. My maternity ward is a complete different building to the actual hospital.
I think its important you go for the scan, just to make sure baby is ok, especially now your in 3rd trimester. But obviously its down to you and my opinion wont change your mind.
Also your private measurements etc wont be handed down to the NHS and the NHS wont take these measurements, they want to do their own as NHS is often more accurate than a private company.

@soffphie

I agree with @chattychar1990 , completely pointless not going to the growth scan unless you are literally staying indoors and not going our again untill this all blows over. Its spreading everywhere in he community now so unless you dont go to shops, restaurants, take public transport, work, literally anywhere but staying indoors 24/7 it is utterly pointless to miss a hospital appointment.

Besides that the nhs growth scans are so much more comprehensive than private. I've had quite a few private scans over the course of this pregnancy and quite a few nhs scans, they look at so much more than size, they check everything, placenta problems, issues with the cord, blood flow problems, baby position etc. Definitely worth going to.

I wouldn't have realised my baby is dropping in his growth chart or that hes transverse without the last growth scan.

Saying that its upto you, you have to do what you feel is right.

I won't be missing my growth scans or any antenatal appointments, its not worth it, plus I work in a hospital so I cant just work at home unfortunately.

X

@soffphie i agree with the others, I am self isolating and working from home but will still be attending all on my antenatal appointments, they wouldn’t be asking you to go to anything that’s not essential right now x

Thanks Ladies. I think what i might do is attend the scan get the measurements BUT i may leave the Consultant appointment following.. this might sound contradicatory maybe but thing is everytime ive gone the consultant has basically said, why are you here? and then just gone ok see u after 20 week scan etc etc. Unless measurements are terrible - too high,low etc then ill go to consultant.
Lots of rumours work for me is going to end Friday anyway once thats kicked in im ganna pretty much self isolate, and if for some reason work carries on im going to speak to work about taking sick leave / ssp before i go for early mat leave. (i was told someones already done this)

Im still torn on scan, cant get thru to hospital either way so far.
Had 2 more deaths at more local hosp last night.
Im torn as, as morbid as it sounds, what if its the last time i get to see it. Yehhh i had this thought in my head today sadly. People have had different arguements for and against the scan with me. People arguing you cant change measurements so what does it help to know? Others saying opposite -_-

My work have now said i am entitled to leave for 12 weeks / up to mat leave and i would get ssp.

On good side of things girls a little mover, i got my kicks count bracelet and we get excess of 12 seperate movements a day. No pattern just fairly consistantly thruout the day with some gaps. Didnt realise it was as much as that till i started the bracelet tracking

Im still torn on scan, cant get thru to hospital either way so far.
Had 2 more deaths at more local hosp last night.
Im torn as, as morbid as it sounds, what if its the last time i get to see it. Yehhh i had this thought in my head today sadly. People have had different arguements for and against the scan with me. People arguing you cant change measurements so what does it help to know? Others saying opposite -_-

My work have now said i am entitled to leave for 12 weeks / up to mat leave and i would get ssp.

On good side of things girls a little mover, i got my kicks count bracelet and we get excess of 12 seperate movements a day. No pattern just fairly consistantly thruout the day with some gaps. Didnt realise it was as much as that till i started the bracelet tracking
I'm not sure why you're so torn, the government have said that pregnant women NEED to go to their antenatal appointments. No you can't change measurements but your need to know if everything is ok in there.
Like i said before although there are deaths at your hospital, the covid section of the hospital will be nowhere near the maternity ward and your just as likely to get it going to the supermarket.
You have to give birth at the hospital so what will you do if you go into labour when all this is still going on, will you just avoid the hospital?!
You have to do what you think is best but i think avoiding a growth scan isn't the right thing in my opinion.
I have my 16 week appointment tomorrow and i will 100% be going, i want to hear my babies heart beat and i want to know that baby is fine.

I'm not sure why you're so torn, the government have said that pregnant women NEED to go to their antenatal appointments. No you can't change measurements but your need to know if everything is ok in there.
Like i said before although there are deaths at your hospital, the covid section of the hospital will be nowhere near the maternity ward and your just as likely to get it going to the supermarket.
You have to give birth at the hospital so what will you do if you go into labour when all this is still going on, will you just avoid the hospital?!
You have to do what you think is best but i think avoiding a growth scan isn't the right thing in my opinion.
I have my 16 week appointment tomorrow and i will 100% be going, i want to hear my babies heart beat and i want to know that baby is fine.

Im literally on phone to them now as they want to possibly move the scan/cancel

Im literally on phone to them now as they want to possibly move the scan/cancel

Odd that they want to cancel/move it.

The whole of the UK's antenatal services are still running and stressing the importance of attending antenatal appointments. My hospital is still running and I have a large outbreak in the local area as I am in a city and and we have had a few deaths in the hospital too. My echocardiogram has been cancelled but all antental appointments are still going ahead.

I agree with @chattychar1990 any one with the virus will be in a completely different part if the hospital no where near maternity services. On top of that, youcould literally catch it in a shop/supermarket at this point well, literally anywhere. So I dont see the reluctance of going to an important appointment.

Yes measurements cant change but nhs scans look for SO SO much more than measurements as I said before. Measurements arent everything, there is so much more to check.

In fact he RCOB has advised pregnant women not go book private scans atm, as you are more likely to catch it there than at an nhs hospital. They have also stressed the importance of going to antenatal appointments.

Obviously its upto you, I just dont understand why you are would risk not going opposed to the risks of going.

I've got another growth scan/consultant appointment tomorrow at the hospital with a large outbreak and a few deaths and I will 100% be going. They are very important appointments. If they werent the NHS would advise not to go to them xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back