May 2021 Mummies <3

I’ve told my mum and dad and sister and also my partners mum and nan. No one else knows yet. I’m so excited to tell my daughter but not sure when that will be x I’m thinking after my 12 week scan x

I have my first midwife appointment on Wednesday morning but it’s over the phone? Thought I’d be needing to do a water sample and bloods. It’s been so long since I’ve done this :)

I hate all this over the phone stuff. My appointment was over the phone too but then had to go in the next day to pick up my notes and the details of the appointment for bloods (which isn't until this Friday for me). They may just ask you the basic questions at this appointment and then give you another for bloods and things, but who knows, as everywhere is different. Not long to wait until Wednesday though and you get to check off the next milestone!

Thankyou I guess they will tell me to go pick up my notes x i wish it was face to face I hate talking on the phone x I’m going to see if I can find my Doppler in the loft this week see if I can get babies heartbeat on it.. might be a bit early though x

How do people cope with the first trimester :confused:! Seriously, am I just a mard and not handling it as well as normal people! Haha

my morning sickness has been bad today, been throwing up on and off since I woke up!
I go to bed early, I have a nap after work and I am still so tired from the moment I wake up!
I hope the second trimester is easier

How do people cope with the first trimester :confused:! Seriously, am I just a mard and not handling it as well as normal people! Haha

my morning sickness has been bad today, been throwing up on and off since I woke up!
I go to bed early, I have a nap after work and I am still so tired from the moment I wake up!

Aww poor you! Everyone is different and every pregnancy is different. I've found trimester one harder this time around. Although the last few days my nausea seems to have died down a bit and it's only in the evening when I don't feel great with nausea and fatigue combined.

I don't remember having any complaints in trimester two last time, apart from peeing lots, so hopefully trimester two is much better for you!

I remember feeling generally uncomfortable and having awful heartburn for most of trimester three. I don't fancy that again!

with my daughter the first trimester was horrendous I had hg. this pregnancy has been very easy I’ve had some sickness on and off and only been sick about 5 times and that’s it I’m just feeling very tired x

My appointment went great she went over my family history etc and also she mentioned about my quick labour with my daughter 2hours 15 mins start to finish. I have my bloods urine etc done on the 7th of October x

Yeah I am hoping maybe it’s just bad because it’s my first time, it makes me feel better knowing that each pregnancy is different because the idea of getting pregnant again and feeling like this is very off putting! Even though I might still feel bad, there’s hope I won’t.
fingers crossed I start feeling better soon!

@Star_girl aww that’s great, glad it went well.

Does anyone have a scan date yet?
I’m still waiting for my letter.
They have to do an extra check on my scan because many years ago I was told I had a heart shaped womb so they need to check that.

I have my scan date (16th October) but I'm not in the UK. I've got to get bloods done tomorrow at 8am :-( not looking forward to that!

I have my scan date (16th October) but I'm not in the UK. I've got to get bloods done tomorrow at 8am :-( not looking forward to that!

Aww good luck with your bloods. try not to worry about it, it’ll be over before you know it :smile: x

I will most likely get a scan date on the 7th x

nausea has really kicked In today I’ve felt sick all day! Done the school run this morning and I only just made it in my house before I started puking.. nearly ended up all down my front door.. oh the joys of pregnancy! But I’m great full for it :rotfl:

I got my scan date!!

It’s the 23rd October, so feels still quite far away at the moment, but I’m just happy to have a date!

last week the midwife said my partner can come with me, but we are under lockdown again now so I don’t know, the letter doesn’t say he can’t come, but I am a little worried. I think I will ring a few days before my appointment and check.

Wooo, a scan date! Hopefully the weeks fly in until then. It's probably a good idea to phone beforehand and ask if your partner can go. These things are changing so quickly these days.

How have you been feeling @Star_girl?

My nausea has eased a bit but it's definitely turned into an evening thing. I'm usually fine all day up until about 5pm!

I contacted my dr today, I’m hoping they’ll be able to give me something to help ease my nausea and vomiting.
Unfortunately they didn’t have any phone consultations left so I had to do this online thing where I say what’s wrong and what I am wanting help with, it says it could take up to 3 days for them to get back to you. But hopefully it will be quicker.
I just need something to make me feel abit better. I start wretching from the moment I get out of bed, and was up a lot last night feeling nauseous :-( Fingers crossed they help me :pray:

Aww that sucks you're feeling so rough. Hopefully they get back to you quickly and can give you some anti-sickness tablets or something.

I've had a tough few days feeling rough myself and with my daughter off nursery with a slight temperature on Thursday and Friday, which freaked the nursery out so I had to get a doctor's appointment and potentially a PCR Covid test for her depending on how she was at the weekend. She was absolutely fine all weekend though, charging around the house and eating almost double what she'd normally have so she's back to nursery today thankfully so I can get some work done.

I am hoping so, I don’t even mind if I’m still sick a bit, but just calm it down a little would be nice. I’m going cinema with my other half later, hopefully I won’t have to run off to be sick!

aww, I’m glad she is feeling better and is back to nursery. I couldn’t imagine feeling like this and having a little one to look after!

I’ve been feeling abit rough the last few days I’ve had a water infection and headaches :(

I’ve booked at private scan for today at 1pm! I’m so nervous! Should be 9weeks so hope baby is all ok x

My bloods have been moved from the 7th to Friday 9th x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back