May 2021 Mummies <3

Had my 8 week appointment today. She has put my EDD as the 2nd May :).
Just gotta wait for my 12 week scan letter to arrive now. Hopefully I won’t have to wait too long. I just want to know when it will be!

The midwife asked me for a wee sample, I wee all the time especially at the moment, but as I had gone before I left the house. I had no wee :doh: smallest sample ever haha!

Top tip! Ask for a sample pot to take home with you then fill it at your leisure before you come to the appointment. It's saved me so much stress :)

Had my 8 week appointment today. She has put my EDD as the 2nd May :).
Just gotta wait for my 12 week scan letter to arrive now. Hopefully I won’t have to wait too long. I just want to know when it will be!

The midwife asked me for a wee sample, I wee all the time especially at the moment, but as I had gone before I left the house. I had no wee :doh: smallest sample ever haha!

Haha typical with the wee sample! Luckily here they give you a pot and the test tubes to take home with you and you have to take it in the day you get bloods done.

Yeah my midwife put my due date down as 30 April based on my last period. I'm looking forward to my first scan though to get a more accurate date.

Hopefully you get your scan date through soon! Did she say how long it usually takes to come through?

aww I have mine on Wednesday but it’s over the phone? x it’s typical that I normally go for a wee just before I leave the house normally 10 minutes later I need to go again :rotfl: Do you have bloods done at that appointment? x

Yeah usually I can go 10 minutes later, it had been at least 20-25mins since I left the house so it was so annoying that I didn’t need to wee!
Yes she took my blood, did a blood pressure check and gave me my pregnancy book.

@SockVortex yes that would have been such a better way to do it!
they didn’t actually let me know I was going to need to give a wee sample, I should have known really!

@malagueta I have a feeling my due date will be moved forward at the scan, but we will see! Just can’t wait, and she said my other half will be allowed to the scan with me so I’m very happy about that!

not sure how long it’ll take she said the hospital will send it once they’ve updated my details from today, so hopefully in a week or so I should get the letter!

Started bleeding when I wipe. So think it's over for me. 5 weeks tomorrow... I knew would end like this but had a little hope. I'm feeling ok ATM had a bit of a cry but was prepared for it I guess. Thanks everyone x

Started bleeding when I wipe. So think it's over for me. 5 weeks tomorrow... I knew would end like this but had a little hope. I'm feeling ok ATM had a bit of a cry but was prepared for it I guess. Thanks everyone x

so sorry to hear this! it hard not to get your hopes up.
I hope it happens for you soon. X

So sorry :( Xx

7+1 my symptoms seem to have disappeared witch is worrying but I’m trying not to worry as I know it can be normal x

Sorry PB. Hope you get your sticky bean soon x

How are you doing today @Star_girl? I had a symptomless day on Wednesday but then I felt horrendous yesterday with nausea and heartburn, it was kind of a huge relief to feel so shit!

It’s weird when you feel better because you can’t help but worry.

I feel much better past few days, but still throwing up in the mornings, like a little thing to remind me not to worry.

Hello Ladies :wave:

I think I’m due around 13th- 18th May depending on how it’s worked out. So I think I’m 5 weeks coming on 6. This is my first time, I’m a little nervous as I’m 35 so still early days.
Had some mega sore boobs, cramping and some tiny brown spotting the other day. Plus my appetite is off, feeling bleurgh like the other ladies described. Plus 3 positive tests only found out Sunday.
This is all new to me so going to phone doctors on Monday to get an appt. So happy I found this forum it’s nice to have other Mums to be to chat to. Fingers crossed all goes smoothly for everyone xx

So sorry to hear that Pb xx

I think I’m due around 13th- 18th May depending on how it’s worked out. So I think I’m 5 weeks coming on 6. This is my first time, I’m a little nervous as I’m 35 so still early days.
Had some mega sore boobs, cramping and some tiny brown spotting the other day. Plus my appetite is off, feeling bleurgh like the other ladies described. Plus 3 positive tests only found out Sunday.
This is all new to me so going to phone doctors on Monday to get an appt. So happy I found this forum it’s nice to have other Mums to be to chat to. Fingers crossed all goes smoothly for everyone xx

Welcome, @littlebutton and congratulations on your pregnancy! If you want, I can add your due date to the front page of this thread if you let me know which date you'd like. I'm sure many of our dates will change slightly anyway when we get our 12 week scans!

This forum was a lifesaver for me when I was pregnant with my first so I hope you find it as useful! X

welcome and congratulations :) :cheer:
It is my first too, so far the experience has been a lot different than I expected haha!

I spoke to soon :rotfl: I’ve had nausea on and off all day and I’ve felt exhausted spent most of the
Day in bed asleep :dohh: Haven’t managed much of the House work today x

I like feeling symptoms as I find it puts my mind at rest.

when dose everyone plan on announcing? My 12w scan won’t be till near end of October it seems like ages away! I’m tempted to announce before x

hey welcome and congratulations! x

I spoke to soon :rotfl: I’ve had nausea on and off all day and I’ve felt exhausted spent most of the
Day in bed asleep :dohh: Haven’t managed much of the House work today x

I like feeling symptoms as I find it puts my mind at rest.

when dose everyone plan on announcing? My 12w scan won’t be till near end of October it seems like ages away! I’m tempted to announce before x

Aww lucky you with a day in bed! I'm jealous haha.

I didn't feel nauseous or "hungover" today for the first time properly in about two weeks. I was hoping I've turned a corner with symptoms but I've now started with the joys of constipation. Isn't pregnancy just a barrel of laughs!

We've told immediate family (parents, grandparents, siblings) and that's it until the 12 week scan. Although I'm wondering if we'll get away with it until then as I've got a bit of a belly already. I know people say you show quicker with your second but I wasn't sure how true that was. It's probably not helped by me eating to stop myself feeling nauseous though! I guess a much slower social life because of the pandemic will help though as I won't have to see so many people.

When do you think you'll tell people?

I felt pretty normal yesterday, it was nice but also like. “Why?!” I also didn’t up in the night for a wee as often.

I have told my close family, which includes my gran who has then told my Aunty so I guess the rest of my mums side of the family will know soon :eh:, and my other half has told his family.
And we have told our closest friends but we aren’t telling anyone else until the 12 week scan.
There’s not many left to tell though haha :)

I'm having another day with not many symptoms. No nausea and boobs barely hurt anymore. I'm still peeing lots and I'm hungry all the time but that's about it. I hate all the anxiety trimester 1 brings!

Haha, Jojo there definitely can't be many people left to tell!

I'm having another day with not many symptoms. No nausea and boobs barely hurt anymore. I'm still peeing lots and I'm hungry all the time but that's about it. I hate all the anxiety trimester 1 brings!

Haha, Jojo there definitely can't be many people left to tell!

yes I am the same. I haven’t had many symptoms since yesterday morning.
It’s nice to feel human again but I also feel very anxious about why I feel human.
The symptoms are the reassurance!

I’ve told my mum and dad and sister and also my partners mum and nan. No one else knows yet. I’m so excited to tell my daughter but not sure when that will be x I’m thinking after my 12 week scan x

I have my first midwife appointment on Wednesday morning but it’s over the phone? Thought I’d be needing to do a water sample and bloods. It’s been so long since I’ve done this :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back