May 2021 Mummies <3

@MarianaMama the waiting is so hard but it will soon come around to the scan. I had aches and pains in my hips and legs around 6 weeks, I think they are just normal symptoms.

I am back to taking my anti sickness tablets, as I managed to not throw up on Sunday but then it came back with a vengeance on Monday. They don’t stop me being sick but if they limit it to just the one episode of throwing up after breakfast then that’s an improvement. I find I am constantly eating though as it helps me feel less nauseous... going to end up the size of a house haha!

My gosh I’ve already put on so much weight!! Also update! I convinced my doc to refer me for a scan! Woo I’m so excited and happy but nervous and scared. I hope baby is doing well - how was your fist scan? Did you hear a heart beat? How far along where you?

Oo that’s exciting, when will you be having your scan?

Not had a scan yet, mine is on 23rd, I will be 12 weeks + 6 days by then.

@malagueta has hers this Friday!
And @Star_girl had an early scan a week or so ago.

it’s my first too, so it’s all so new and exciting

Ooh how exciting for us all! I’d love to hear how the others went with their scans. I might read back more on the thread tomorrow I just got my referral so I’ll be booking my appointment in the morning

Are you working at the moment? I find my biggest struggle is afternoon fatigue. I literally can’t keep my eyes open at my desk. I used to rely on energy drinks and cigarettes to get me through my day but quit both cold turkey as soon as I found out so I think that’s making me feel even lousier! Not even tempted though! Would do anything for bubs already!

Oo well keep us posted for when you get booked in.

I am working but thankfully from home, which has actually worked in my favour because I don’t think I’d have been able to work in the office, from throwing up often and being so exhausted all the time I don’t think I’d have made it through.

aww that’s great that you were able to just quit and go cold turkey, mustn’t be easy. I started cutting down on my tea and coffee when we were trying so I could get used to it, but from about 6 weeks a hot drink hasn’t appealed to me at all! Even though I feel like I need caffeine, the idea of tea or coffee makes me nauseous haha!

MarianaMama, that's great you're getting an early scan! My doctor would never do that, haha.

The fatigue is a killer. I'm 11+5 and I still feel quite tired in the evenings, although I think it's finally easing. Yesterday was my first nausea-free day in almost 6 weeks so I was feeling pleased about that, but then I made some pasta for lunch today and barf, that's on my aversion list and started to make me feel sick! Can't win :D

Only two more days til my scan. This week is draaaaaagging.

I’m working from home 50/50 so I’m also loving days like today where I’m in a loose tee and pj pants haha!

I know I can’t believe he did too! 11+5 how exciting! I swear this year flew by and now I’m pregnant, one week feels like a month!!

Oo well keep us posted for when you get booked in.

I am working but thankfully from home, which has actually worked in my favour because I don’t think I’d have been able to work in the office, from throwing up often and being so exhausted all the time I don’t think I’d have made it through.

aww that’s great that you were able to just quit and go cold turkey, mustn’t be easy. I started cutting down on my tea and coffee when we were trying so I could get used to it, but from about 6 weeks a hot drink hasn’t appealed to me at all! Even though I feel like I need caffeine, the idea of tea or coffee makes me nauseous haha!

All booked in for Tuesday the 20th ❤️

@malagueta
Oh no, I hate how your body leads you into a false sense of security thinking you may be getting past the worst... and then bam. Vomit.
if I never throw up again after this then it’ll still be too soon
Yeah the fatigue is hard, every day when I finish work I go to bed for about 2 hours, become abit of a routine now!

@MarianaMama yes it is so good to be able to just wear pjs when working isn’t it! Although I sometimes force myself to put clothes on because otherwise I will wear pjs for weeks non stop haha.
Yay that’s not long to wait. Bet you are pleased about that

All went fine, thank you! I feel like I can start to relax now after seeing bean on screen. My husband and I had a nice morning, went out for a relaxing breakfast after the scan while our daughter was still in nursery and had a look round some shops.

I was right with my due date as well: 1st of May!

Nothing now until my next appointment for bloods at the end of November. Got my 20 week scan date today though. 14th of December. We'll find out for sure what we're having then. The doctor today said if she had to make a bet on what it is based on today's scan she said girl so we'll have to wait and see!

Can't wait for you all to have your scans now and see more pics of these babies <3

IMG_20201016_154213.jpg

Hey hope everyone is ok sorry I’ve not been on much I’ve been so busy x I had my midwife appointment today I have had bloods and urine and blood pressure done and got my bounty folder I have my 12 week scan on Tuesday 20th at 10am I will be 11+5 days x

Welcome to all the new May mummies and congratulations! x

@malagueta
Aww lovely scan! Glad everything went well, sounds like you had a lovely day.
ooo another girl, be interesting to see at your 20 week scan if she was right.
@Star_girl Glad you are ok star girl, exciting that you have another scan next week so you can see how much baby has grown!
By end of next week we will have all had scans, how exciting!

All went fine, thank you! I feel like I can start to relax now after seeing bean on screen. My husband and I had a nice morning, went out for a relaxing breakfast after the scan while our daughter was still in nursery and had a look round some shops.

I was right with my due date as well: 1st of May!

Nothing now until my next appointment for bloods at the end of November. Got my 20 week scan date today though. 14th of December. We'll find out for sure what we're having then. The doctor today said if she had to make a bet on what it is based on today's scan she said girl so we'll have to wait and see!

Can't wait for you all to have your scans now and see more pics of these babies <3

View attachment 91646

Congratulations mumma! So glad all went well with scan! And what a beautiful pic you got! How exciting! ❤️

Eeek, lots of scans this week! Good luck everyone! Can't wait to see the pics.

Trimester 2 later this week for me. :) After that I feel like it's ages until the next appointment. I've not got an appointment with my midwife for more bloods and checks until the end of November, although I'll have to book a flu jab before then (my health centre won't let me book one until at least 1st November).

Hi girls. I had my scan today. Unfortunately not what expected. baby measured 6w1d but my LMP should make me 8w1d - I have PCOS and irregular periods so it could mean either I’m not as far along as expected or unfortunately baby won’t progress. I’m shattered and can’t stop crying. I don’t know what to do

Hi girls. I had my scan today. Unfortunately not what expected. baby measured 6w1d but my LMP should make me 8w1d - I have PCOS and irregular periods so it could mean either I’m not as far along as expected or unfortunately baby won’t progress. I’m shattered and can’t stop crying. I don’t know what to do

Aww Mariana, sending hugs and fingers crossed its just your PCOS that means you ovulated later. Do you have to go back for another scan some time? X

They’re saying in 2 weeks time. I’m hoping so bad everything is okay. I don’t know how I will wait that long

Hey I had my 12 week scan! I’m measuring 11w 4days due date of 7th May. Looks like I’m being classed as high risk due to preeclampsia with my daughter. I’ve been put on aspirin too x I have to have growth scans every 4weeks from 28 weeks x any gender guesses?
Hope everyone’s well x

DBA1273F-7EBC-4C72-B382-5E1E739B2C29.jpeg

Hey I had my 12 week scan! I’m measuring 11w 4days due date of 7th May. Looks like I’m being classed as high risk due to preeclampsia with my daughter. I’ve been put on aspirin too x I have to have growth scans every 4weeks from 28 weeks x any gender guesses?
Hope everyone’s well x

View attachment 91674

Lovely scan @Star_girl. I'm gonna guess girl for you! Although I'm rubbish at guessing haha.

aww sorry to hear this, but try to stay positive. I have everything crossed for you!

<3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back