*** March 2017 mummies to be ***

Hi all, sorry for my quietness recently, just been super busy in work.

All is going well with baby - cannot believe I am 33+3 today, it seems to be going rather quickly!

I am still waiting for my c-section date (doctor was putting in the request last week but it goes through central booking so not sure when I am likely to hear).

I am finding sleeping increasingly difficult, but it is hit and miss whether it is a good or bad night (cannot tie it to anything I am or am not doing unfortunately). I finish work on the 3rd Feb and cannot wait to have a break before baby arrives (assuming he doesn;t arrive early!).

At my growth scan last week he was measuring 4lb 5oz so they expect him to be about 7lb when he is born at 39ish weeks. I will be very interested to see how close they are with their estimate.

I bought a few bits and pieces for my hospital bag (nightie with buttons, maternity pads etc) but haven't actually put them into a suitcase yet. The nursery decoration hasn't been started yet and I haven;t washed any baby clothes so I hope over the coming weeks I will get more organised :) Given my daughters arrived at 34+1 you would have thought I would have got a move on by now!

I am going to NCT classes which I am really enjoying. Unfortunately because of not having local family close by my OH has to look after our daughters so has only made one of them when we got a friend over to baby sit.

Hope you are all doing well xxx

Last edited:
Thailand very odd! has it eased now? im sure you will be fine in labour thats what the gas and air is for :)

secret - not long to go! if its the same as before it could be 4/5 days lol! hopefully you'll have enough time to get everything done! glad im not the only one thinking of taking a suitcase ;)

all good this end, i have midwife on 31st then re scan in 4 weeks so hopefully will find out more. had a 4D scan on Saturday..

my little chubby cheeks..

Attachments

• teddy.jpg
    teddy.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 3
Hey everyone hope you and your babies are all well. Had another growth scan today and baby was measuring small and didnt look like much growth from 2 weeks ago. Had ctg and overall that seemed ok. Took ages for baby to settle and wouldnt take me off till babys heart rate slowed a bit. Had steroid injection today and got another to prepare baby incase of early delivery. X

Cute pic Bobbideeboo! I haven't started thinking about hospital bag yet - might make a list when I'm bored at work later ;)

Thailand - how strange! Hope it hasn't happened again since?

Willow - how far along are you now?

secret - I'm the same with sleeping, I feel like it might be because it's such an effort to roll over so I wake up more than I usually would. Plus my daughter has a cold so she's been up in the night needing a tissue etc! I've pulled out all the neutral bits we had first time round but not washed any of them yet. I kind of want to wait til my daughter has moved bedrooms, then I can wash and put bits away :)

GTT results came back normal! Woop! So no GD for me at the moment - I was genuinely shocked as I had glucose in my urine at MW appointment so just figured I would have it. If I get any more glucose or anything they'll retest, but for the time being I'm in the clear. Iron levels etc all fine too.

Bump is measuring slightly big but not concerned at the moment, just keep an eye on it :) - I measured a week over with my daughter and all was well - bump size doesn't really mean anything does it?!

Hope everyone is okay xxx

Hi all, had my growth scan and consultant appt today (I had bad pph's with both my other children, and they were both 9LB+ at birth)... I had them both naturally, but am having c-section this time. Ive been booked in for 13th March, so 39 weeks. And this little lady is looking quite big too, she weighs nearly 5LB already!!! Eek! xx

Waah how exciting you have a date SophD! Wowzers 5lb!

Glad your results have been ok petit pois. How exciting to have a date booked for c section SophD.
I am 34 weeks on Thurs. Have hospital appoinment to check on babies slow growth from last week. Started getting my hospital bag packed just incase and have began washing gender neutral baby stuff from when I had my daughter.

how exciting!! wow this is coming around so quick!

little one was 3lb 7oz 2 weeks ago so might be similar sophD will find out at rescan 34 weeks although have midwife on monday :)

pay day tomorrow so Sunday will start getting a few nighties and bits, was thinking of just braving primark

willow - let us know how scan goes :)

xx

Last edited:
So they measured amniotic fluid and cord blood flow and they were fine. Happy with my health. Back next week for growth scan but warned to bring hospital bag incase they are not happy with growth and want to induce.

Hi ladies

Hope u & bumps are all well

Petit pois - I'm okay now thanks, haven't happened since. Even my midwife thought it was strange!

Had my midwife appointment on tues & I mentioned I have itchy hands & feet, she mentioned a condition called Obstetric cholestasis which affects your liver during pregnancy, it's a build up of bile acids in the body. Had to go up the hospital for a blood test as she couldn't get any blood from me! They put me on monitor to assess the baby movement & heartbeat for 30mins, which was all okay. Blood results came back ok which is good. They still have to monitor me as I'm still having symptoms so I'm going back up next week. I just think it's itchness due to pregnancy plus I get itchy hands in the winter.

Anyone else had this?

Hi Thailand - no I haven't had it, but I have heard of it. Must be very annoying, hope it's not causing you too much bother. Good that blood test was okay at least!

Willow hope all goes/went well at scan!

Bobbideeboo - I bought breast pads on Friday! :lol:

I've only got 5 weeks left at work which means only 15 working days left! Aaaahhh!! Also, I feel like a whale already lol, anyone else?

Im massive!!! I was big like this with my other girl though, so im just going with it lol. Time is flying, we put the swinging crib in our bedroom today. Ive got a week left at work, then 3 weeks annual leave, a week maternity then baby should be with us!! Cant wait!! My other 2 kids are sooo excited :)

BTW, we are having babies next month!! Yippeee!!!!

its mental! OH said 'want to have a baby next month?!' i was like no silly its mar.. oh!

cant believe how quick its gone.

petit - amazing, how times have changed buying shoes and bags to breast pads!

i braved primark and got some slippers, nighties Pjs and the biggest pairs of knickers ive ever seen! packed a few things so i feel very prepared, they've told me to aim for 38 weeks - 6 weeks ahhhhh!!

midwife got cancelled this week so im there monday lets see how much things have changed in 4 weeks, also growth scan 20th feb to make a decision.

i dont want to sound bossy but i feel more confident to say what i want this time around. i REALLY REALLY dont want want to be induced so im thinking..

1) if hes still measuring big happy for c sec at 38 weeks (although will be pissed off if he pops out at 6/7lb if im having a c sec i want a 10lber!)

2) if hes measuring 'normal' then happy to go naturally until the point of induction but then will have c section.

not sure how they will feel about my option 2 but the last thing i want is a repeat of last time, induced and then 3 days later emergency c section..

xx

Hi everyone

I'm planning on breastfeeding & I have notice that my breast have shrank :) I had bigger boobs before I was pregnant! I thought they get bigger a few wks before giving birth? Anyone have any advise or have the same issue?

This has happened to mine too and this is my second pregnancy.

41 weeks and still waiting. Booked in for induction on Sunday and if that doesnt work c section booked for Monday. Had another sweep today. Had been no change from my sweep last week.

Finally she is here. Baby Kaitlyn born Sunday 9.15 am 10 days overdue 7lb 2oz

Just realised I hadn't updated all you lovely ladies on birth of Sienna Quinn! I had her on March 14th at 00:21 I was induced9 days early as I had extremely high blood pressure and little one wasn't moving and had only gained 3oz in 4 weeks she was born weighing 6'13 and a half. She's a dream! She has s very protective big sister who doesn't like any one holding her but mammy daddy and her. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back