*** March 2017 mummies to be ***

oh willow sorry to hear this!

had my bloods done yesterday and im so on edge waiting for my phone to ring! i have mw on tuesday so hopefully if its not urgent i will get results then.

im not that clued up on it, how is it managed dietary or medication? xx

Doing diet and exercise first but didn't think my diet was that bad anyway. I test in morning before eating and 2 hours after eating. Reading this morning was over the limit. If I get more than two over the limit readings get put on tablets and if they don't work then go into insulin. Hope your test goes ok bobbideebo x

Oh no, sorry to hear you have gestational diabetes Willow, hope you can get it under control easily.

On the getting ready note, I bought a snuz pod today. Suddenly quite excited. We need to get a cot as well but going to look around at some in the sales this weekend. We had got rid of our cot as it was broken and we had it third hand so I think it must have done at least seven children so I think it did well!

Going to do hospital bag, hubby starts a new job working away from Monday and wants to know I am a little more organised in case he has to rush back down the motor way cos it's coming too early!

Anyway stay well ladies!

Boaz

Hi all, this is a bit cheeky as technically I'm not a March mummy! But I think all the April mummies are on facebook instead... can I join you lot? Due 5th April but my first was 6 days early so you never know ;)

Got my results of glucose tolerance test, unfortunately have gestational diabetes. Feeling gutted.

Sorry to hear this Willow - I had it during my first pregnancy, it was a bit of a ballache but I hardly put any weight on - silver lining? If you need any tips I can tell you what worked for me diet-wise last time. I am currently waiting for a callback from the nurse to arrange my GTT!

Hope everyone is doing okay? xx

Thanks Willow, not heard anything yet - so i guess no news is good news? i have MW tomorrow so hopefully they will have some results back? had test done thursday. I guess the plus side is you're on the home straight now so hopefully the next few weeks will go quick and its not something thats diagnosed at the beginning!

Boaz - ive started putting a list together for hospital bag/bags/suitcase! is your hubby working far away?

Hi Petit Pois! that was my orignal due date :) since changed to March 29th so i only just made it to the march mummy's! more the merrier!

xx

Cant believe we are all on the home stretch!! Its going so quickly, its crazy! Hope everyone is keeping well xx

had MW this morning, 28 week bloods came back fine, no diabetes or antibodies and iron levels looked good. babys HB was fine and my bump is measuring 1cm above average but she said he wasnt concerned. I have a growth scan tomorrow so will see how hes doing :) hes also head down and on my bladder.. you dont have to tell me!!

hope everyone is keeping well, anyone thought about birth plans at all? xx

That's good news re: bloods! How come you're having a growth scan? (Don't mean to be nosey!)

I have whooping cough jab on Friday, MW on Monday and GTT on Thursday!

Not really thought too much about birth plans to be honest! But now you're asking, I know I don't want pethidine (had it in first labour and was rubbish), and I'd definitely like to move around more during labour this time. What about you? xx

busy week for you!

i have raised BMI and im Ceoliac so they are monitoring weight which is fine but obviously dont want me to be dealing with a 10lb baby(!) but on the flip because i am restricted in my diet with not being able to eat gluten they dont want the baby to be too small so just having a scan tomorrow and 34 weeks :) hopefully will have some idea on his weight tomorrow, i have a 4D scan on Saturday so that will be nice too.

i had a C-sec with my son so im desperate not to go through that again would defo love VBAC and will do everything i can to ensure it happens. its interesting you say about pethadine, im a bit of a control freak and my midwife was asking if id thought about pain relief, (famous last words) i would like to go on just G&A and i want to feel in control this time, she said maybe i should consider pethadine or maybe she said not to come to think of it.

can i ask what your experience was with it, was it rubbish as in relieving the pain or did you feel restricted not in control?

xx

Aah how exciting you get to see him lots :) fingers crossed he's right on track.

For me personally, it didn't relieve any of the pain. I also felt really out of it, but not in an unpleasant way. Baby-wise was the worst though - it made her really drowsy which meant they had to keep the monitor on me (not easy during hectic contractions!) and they were concerned about her heart rate which they said was because of the pethidine. So for me it just wouldn't be worth it again. I think I will aim to just stick with G&A for pain relief/something to focus on. But obviously go with the flow at the time - I may not even be there long enough to worry about any of this :shock: xx

I'll upload some 4D ones if they come out clear - thank you :)

thats great to know as ive no experience of it! not ideal if you do want to stay in control. i didn't realize the affect it could have on the baby either! if it ends in C section there's not much i can do, its not ideal with a 4 year old but i'll have no expectations. i do feel more prepared and stronger to deal with it this time but im sure as the contractions start it will all come screaming back to me! i remember having diamorphine and that literally did bugger all! think i'll have the same approach G&A and go with the flow :) xx

Look forward to seeing them :)

Yeah, I mean obviously I'm sure it affects everyone differently but most of the people I've spoken to have had similar experiences (with the pain relief aspect at least)
Haha oh man I've totally forgotten what contractions feel like. I don't remember ever feeling like they were too much for me, but that could just be the rose-tinted glasses! xx

Glad your bloods were ok Bobbideeboo. Some tips about what you ate with your first pregnant would be appreciated petit pois.
I had emergency c section with first as undetected breech. Had Gas and Air which took edge of contrations as I was in agony. Would like natural delivery but babies heart will be monitored due to placenta complications and my glucose will need monitored and I'm not allowed drugs to induce me so won't be surprised of it all enda in c section again.

i remember being told off because i was chuffing on the gas when i didnt have a contraction. The midwife offered me paracetamol and i shouted 'im having a baby not a headache!' :blush: i apologized after. I remember being in agony but you're right ive forgotten about the sensation.

Thanks Willow, how you finding the adjustment in diet? do you think you will opt for a planned c section if needed or go with the flow?

xx

That's so funny you should say about the paracetamol - I said exactly the same to my work friends yesterday haha!

Willow - hope this helps

This was a typical day for me:
*reading*
Breakfast:
Bitesize Shredded Wheat with Canderel & semi-skimmed
*reading*
Smallish banana
Lunch:
Ham, cheese & salad & mayo sandwich on granary bread (400g loaf), chopped raw veg. Or a huge salad with some protein.
Tea: Young's Gastro Fish - any of them really but the cheesy sauce one is nice, roasted med veg mixed in with small amount of cous cous... (but you could have so many things for dinner. Pan-fried chicken breast, steak, etc just with lots of veg and very minimal carbs. Stay away from ready-made sauces as they tend to have lots of sugar added.)
*reading*
Then depending on my reading after dinner I'd have a hobnob/tiny Animal chocolate bar but this would be a trial and error thing to see how it affected you personally. Sugar-free jellies are good for feeling like you've had a pudding.

No fruit juice, minimal fruit in general! Sugar-free squash was a god-send! Light exercise after eating will also help.

With all of this it'll be trial and error, you may find you can have a small amount of carbohydrate (like I could) or you may find that the smallest amount sends your sugar sky-high.

xxxx

Last edited:
That looks like a really good diet actually! its similar to being coeliac - hardly any wheat.

so just had growth scan and looks like hes growing a little too well, his shoulders are measuring above average, i have to go back at 34 weeks and remeasure, if its still over then a c section will be booked if today's measurements were slightly out and hes 'normal' then game on ;) xx

I would still like natural delivery Bobbideeboo but if advised section then I am ok with that. Least they are keeping an eye on you. I have next growth scan next week will be about 33weeks.Keep getting told baby has not legs. Obviously doesn't take after me as I am5ft 2.
Thanks for the meal ideas petit pois. I have been eating loads of veg and having protein with most meals. Think I'm going to pack a load of things in my hospital bag that I have not been able to eat for after the baby is delivered as a reward lol.

Haha yes deffo Willow - OH brought me a massive slice of chocolate fudge cake to the hospital

Fingers crossed the measurements were a bit off Bobbideeboo xx

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

So yesterday something weird happened!! I got up as normal went out for a few hours & started to have a mild pain on my left side from my hip to my rib cage, just thought I was walking too much came home after an hour the pain intensified & I couldn't lie down, get comfortable the pain was constant! I didn't know what to do with myself so I rang NHS 111 to get advice ask me loads of questions & told me to take paracetamol & the doctor will call me back. After taking paracetamol the pain stopped, as soon as it wore the pain came back, I didn't want to take anymore paracetamol till I spoke to the doctor. The doctor called and ruled out anything wrong with baby or early labour, I wasn't bleeding or had dark urine, baby was moving around etc she said it could be muscular & OK to carry on taking paracetamol. I didn't take any more paracetamol as the pain just went which I thought was really strange.

I was thinking to myself that pain was horrendous how Iam gonna cope with labour :roll::shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back