laurat

Reaction score
Well ive now had

1 MC 18 February last year
No ovulation since
1 x 50 mg Clomid (failed)
1 x 100mg Clomid (failed)
1 x 5mg Letrazole (failed

So last Friday I embarked on my final journey of 5mg of Letrazole followed by menopur injections. I got 1 Wed then yesterday and had to go for a scan this morning to determine if I was to get the 3rd injection. Started off well she said something was happening as follicles were there and appeared to be growing. One 11mm and one 12mm and a few other smaller ones. She said ill give you the final injection but must do bloods to check your LH level and that will be the real test. Left feeling positive the menopur was going to do the trick.

After work had a message on my answer service saying bloods havent shown the right levels so thats it. Wished me luck with my ovulation induction which is possibly up to 6 to 12 months away! So here I am now just in limbo. Apparently the more intense menopur may work but they cant do it at that ACU so I just have to wait. Topped by a meal where my best friend shares she is pregnant with her 2nd and that she literally concieved within a week. Soo happy for her but boy hard to take tonight! Pointless thread just needed to share with someone!

Last edited:
I feel so awful knowing your on a waiting list because 1 ACU can't do something, it must be difficult :hug:

I'd chase it with your PCT, see if you can influence anything xxx

oh thats awful laura, so sorry to read this, sending you a big hug xx

No budging in it Chaz. Basically they were not even really supposed to give me the menopur at all really but had cleared the small dose hoping it would work. I thoufht that was a good thing and I was grateful but now that its happened and started the ovulation process hopefully to now stop just seems really frustrating. Im like come on just blooming give me it lets see if it works. NHS is all a money saving industry and the decision to stop that ACU doing the injections 5 years ago was purely cost cutting. It just annoys me!

Awww Laura things are shit aren't they x I work for the nhs so I know how frustrating it can be xx

:hugs: how you feeling this morning?! Xxx

I am so sorry hun, it sucks that everything has to take so long all because of budget cuts and minimizing spending, I am worried I am also in for a long wait till my next stage of treatment.

Could you not book a holiday for the summer help take your focus off things and help break down the year better.

take care xxxxx

Hey Laura

I did reply on the other post too but I was just wondering where you were based as there isn't a wait at Southampton, I literally just went to my follow up and was told I could start them next cycle, are you local enough that you could just switch clinics?? It seems crazy that they would not let you do this.

Mel
Xxx

Hey laura doll i'm so sorry, it does seem mental however i know what the royal are like and the just the nhs generally in the glasgow area and i know there is no budging in it. Have you priced how much the injections would be privately? My heart goes out to you hun, we can hang about this waiting room together xxx

Im in Paisley in Scotland. There only is the one unit in my authority and the waiting list for treatment is 16 to 24 months. Ive found that my referral was dated back to my mc though so technically Im hoping 16 months would be June so if it is that would be not too far away! Just so frustrating really!

I replied to you on Mel's post Laura, but I thought your situation was quite positive so sorry if I've missed something xx

Last edited:
*mega huggles* hun.
Have a nice glass of bubbly and some choc or ice cream to cheer your self up a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back