What do you think?

laurat

Reaction score
Ok girls I had my second scan yesterday at lunch time for the letrazole follicle track. She found both ovaries and both have follicles in but they are all below 10mm. She said a 13mm follicle can be absorbed back in to my womb so my question on where it went from 2 weeks ago is answered. I then asked her my list of questions s my next dr appointment is not until the 23 March. She ended up kind of panicking as I was bringing up ashermans and other ideas and being quite firm so I now have magically been fitted in to see thr dr today. She had said that there isnt an option of an increased dose of letrazole when in fact ai know there is. She said that must be private.

Anyway after leaving I thought to myself my accupuncture is going well I will have a 6 to 7 month wait hopefully till I move to the new hospital. Do I go it alone no drugs and relax and try to get my body ovulating naturally agsin. No scans or drugs or peeing on sticks etc. is this the months to see if mother mature can repair gerself. Im officially classed as having annovulation that is unexplained and cant be trwated by clomid or letrazole so the next step is ovulation induction (IUI).

I was going to push for an upped letrazole dose what do you all think? Am I dreaming that it could magically start happening after a year or shutting down? Would you try the upped dose?

I think that you may as well go straight in with iui as it improves chances compared to natural conception and also it will be nice to have the insight to what's happening at every stage.

You go girl with the assertiveness too!!:)

Xx

Thanks Maybe! I was very assertive and didnt get upset which was a positive. IUI I think is the next step so its a 7 month year wait that I have ahead of me for that but guess in the mean time I could heal naturally! It can happen!!!

yes IUI and you have to be assertive to get anywhere , good on you x

I think if they offer you a higher dose of letrozole (which isn't standard on nhs but is definitely available - it's widely used in USA) you should definitely try that while you're waiting for iui, as even if that fails you'll still have 6 months to try and kick start things naturally. It's just rubbish that there's such a wait. Good luck this morning honey, let us know how you get on. Xxxxx

Maybe i'm just tainted but i don't believe that your body can magically repair itself my minimising ttc related "stress".

At a push, drastic lifestyle changes can help, but i certainly don't think that sitting back and keeping your fingers crossed for the next 7 months will get you anywhere - i'm sure some people would disagree though.

You have to wait for the IUI so in the meantime i think you should either literally not ttc with no hope of a BFP if you want to relax (but is that even possible lol) or i would definitely push for more drugs - more clomid, more letrazole, more metformin, whatever just so that you are doing something that just might get you a BFP :)

The only other approach i've heard of that might kick start a natural cycle is by managing it with drugs - so switching you off for an extended time, with something like norethisterone, and then when you come off it your body will hopefully be shocked into action.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back