Had Private Appointment!

laurat

Reaction score
Ok girls although hubby and I are not in the financial position of private Fertility treatment either finance wise or done with the NHS we had decided to go for an initial private appointment. The reasons we did this was basically to see uf the advice would be any different from the NHS dr as I feel that we are cinstraned by departments and budgets etc. i wanted to make sure that we hadnt missed a trick due to money basically.

The appointment was 35 mins late which really annoyed me actually. Paying £150 for the priveledge I expected better service (dream on Laura). Anyway the women was lovely I went through everything that has happened and all my previous treatments of clomid, letrazole, 3 shots of menopur and my low AMH. She was impressed by all my knowledge.

She agreed with the other dr that it would appear as though my pituitry gland has just shut down. When asked why she said this can just happen. She aaid no to it being weight related and stress. The AMH level of 5.9 didnt seem to worry her (did me). She did agree that if the 3 shots of menopur I had last week started ovary growth that it was positive and that they should have continued with more shots. This was a busget/legislation thing.
Low and behold she says ovulation induction with menopur injections is definetly the way to go. She said she would be optimistic it would work for me. IVF not being the best option at least yet.

So happy to hear that really as this is the process Im getting with the NHS come June anyway! So we said thank you keep is on file and that we were going to go with the NHS fitst. So my mind is at rest really. If in the future we need to go back private we can but the NHS is worth atry and in the grand scheme of things 3 to 4 months is waitable I guess to avoid big debts. Ill be near my summer hols by then so relaxed. I just need to enjoy my new house till then! So in short Ive got a wait but a hopeful wait I think!

That sounds really promising Laura, !! Glad you got some good news and made the appointment worthwhile. xx

That is good laurat there is nothing better than peace of mind. Really pleased that you seem to be moving forward xxx

That's good Laura, at least you know the nhs have you on the right path. And the time will fly in, it'll be summer before you know it Xxx

Hi Laura. That must be great to have a second opinion and know you are on the right path with the NHS. June is only 3 months away now and I know it feels a lot longer TTC but you can do it. Have you got any more scans/bloods with this cycle or is it definitely a write off? Glad you are feeling positive chick xxx

Hi Laura

Glad you have peace of mind and are feeling confident for your treatment - its good when you hear that the NHS are doing something correctly for a change and giving you the right treatment! Ooo new house, deffo enjoy and make it your perfect home :) xxxxxxxx

Thats great news hun, at least now you wont have that nagging voice in your head asking if the NHS are doing the right treatment plan for you xxx

I was really interested to hear that Laura as the NHS consultant I have seen has told me to go and pay for IVF and we don't really have the money. I've only had Clomid, nothing else and she wasn't even willing to consider anything else even though I mentioned options. Do you think I should ask to see a different consultant on the NHS or pay for a private one?

Jacq xx

Hi Jaq, that is interesting that they havent considered anything else Id say. What is your position in terms of age and do you have a child already? Maybe that has something to factor? I think my case is maybe a little different to the nirm because I havent ovulated at all in over a year. Previously to this I had the mc and regular af. I also have a low amh level so IVF not initially the best option. I dont have PCOS and have normal levels too. My body seemed to respond to 3 shots of menopur too so more should hipefully work.

If your unsure then I would maybe do what we did and go for a private appointment anyway just to see. You dont need to follow up. Put my mind at rest!

Finally your docs are listening and making progress, massive FX for you! :)

xx

That's great news :)

I have loads of menopur sitting there in the back room never to be used... i can't stand the thought of it being thrown away when there are people out there who could use it :(

See if your Nhs consultant will give you scans and advice if you provide your own menopur and you can have it xx

Thanks girls! Im hope now that the menopur will be the help I need! Louise that would be a really nice thing of you to donate the menopur! Would that really be a possibility?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back