Long termers 6 months or more

Do any of you long termed get brown spotting a few days before af? I have had that for a while and wonder what it means. An accupunturist told me today that isn't normal and means some sort of imbalance ?

You should tell your GP of any changes to your normal cycle. This sounds like a change. Give them a call or bring it up at your next appointment. Xx

I've had it for years and years ...like maybe 10 ? So happened ages ago . When I was younger my period would show up straight away red blood.

Interesting....i don't get spotting. Depending on whether the witch shows during the day or overnight usually start a bit brown then start bleeding properly. Get ebs and flows during AF. Sometimes thinking she is done then she comes back with one final floodgate usually. Think we good to get back on the BD from tomorrow looks like the witch is done today fingers crossed x

Hmmm so mixed opinions on it. I was told they did an internal scan at my hsg test and said ovaries and uterus were all free of end and didn't see anything abnormal... I read that spotting is caused by hormone levels ?

The brown spotting is blood from your last cycle. I used to get a week of spotting before AF. It turned out my hormones were out of balance because I was over weight. It stopped when I lost weight. The fertility doctor said a really healthy AF starts like a tap. I still get a few days of spotting after it though.

The brown spotting is blood from your last cycle. I used to get a week of spotting before AF. It turned out my hormones were out of balance because I was over weight. It stopped when I lost weight. The fertility doctor said a really healthy AF starts like a tap. I still get a few days of spotting after it though.

I am not over weight though, my bmi is 23 and I am 10 stone so shouldn't be the reason. So what else would cos this ? Really wish I knew. The gp and the fertility clinic both told me was normal ?

I read a decline in estrogen can cause it?

Last edited:

I am not over weight though, my bmi is 23 and I am 10 stone so shouldn't be the reason. So what else would cos this ? Really wish I knew. The gp and the fertility clinic both told me was normal ?

I honestly don't know. If the fertility clinic isn't concerned then it might not be a problem. I saw a book on Amazon about eating for hormone balance - it was my next stop if the diet didn't work. Also dieting or low carbing can mess up your cycles...that happened a bit with me.

I honestly don't know. If the fertility clinic isn't concerned then it might not be a problem. I saw a book on Amazon about eating for hormone balance - it was my next stop if the diet didn't work. Also dieting or low carbing can mess up your cycles...that happened a bit with me.

I read Maca root herb is good for hormone balance so I might order that for next cycle ? You heard much about that herb? Oh and thistle milk , licorice root and doing quai are I'm good for fertility. I priced them all up for £25 So might give them a shot for a few months

Last edited:
Yes I heard Maca is good. I think it's quite strong - might be a good idea to do one thing at a time. My OH had to give up Maca cos it didn't agree with him. Milk thistle is good for the liver. Magnesium is good too - lots in dark chocolate. I also take Spatone iron water which I think helps.

Okay I've ordered them all online and will try them one at a time and see...I will try anything now as we are on the count down to ivf the end of the year!

Ugh this witch just doesn't want to quit....thouhht we could get back on the BD tonight but she's not done quite yet. Hope she nicks off tomorrow. Want to get back on a mission.

Skin driving me insane at the minute. Thought was washing powder but just using fairy now and always been fine with that. Had such itchy legs and ankles...bit last week was from lots of walking I think. But the evenings it's driving me mad and I'm scratching myself silly. Taken piriton couple of nights just to try and ease the irritation. No idea What is causing. No rash until I start scratching myself silly then obviously red and annoyed. If I didn't know better I would be symptom spotting x

The doctors have never raised any concerns about it for me. It was just the acupuncturist that said a healthy af should start like a tap which mine now does. I still spot a bit til it stops. I'm not sure if that's an issue so will be a question for the acupuncturist at my next appointment. I'm also not overweight.

Last edited:
Maybe yoga would help - to maintain circulation and help the blood not stick around between cycles...I don't know.

Ugh this witch just doesn't want to quit....thouhht we could get back on the BD tonight but she's not done quite yet. Hope she nicks off tomorrow. Want to get back on a mission.

Skin driving me insane at the minute. Thought was washing powder but just using fairy now and always been fine with that. Had such itchy legs and ankles...bit last week was from lots of walking I think. But the evenings it's driving me mad and I'm scratching myself silly. Taken piriton couple of nights just to try and ease the irritation. No idea What is causing. No rash until I start scratching myself silly then obviously red and annoyed. If I didn't know better I would be symptom spotting x

I get this when it’s cold, every year! Especially after a shower or bath, so for me I think it’s just the temperature differences causing my skin to be irritated. The more I itch, the worse it gets, so I try and keep my skin moisturised as much as possible. I use hemp cream at least once a day on my skin and use aqueous cream throughout the day on my hands after every time I’ve washed my hands. Also if the itching is really bad, e45 itch relief cream helps xx

I get this when it’s cold, every year! Especially after a shower or bath, so for me I think it’s just the temperature differences causing my skin to be irritated. The more I itch, the worse it gets, so I try and keep my skin moisturised as much as possible. I use hemp cream at least once a day on my skin and use aqueous cream throughout the day on my hands after every time I’ve washed my hands. Also if the itching is really bad, e45 itch relief cream helps xx

Is it eczema?

Maybe yoga would help - to maintain circulation and help the blood not stick around between cycles...I don't know.

I do yoga and it definitely makes me feel good but I've never noticed any impact on my cycles.

I have been trying heated lavender packs on my uterus every evening to improve circulation. I have ordered new herbal supplements to try too. Not sure what else I can try ...got 2nd accupunture appt in 2 weeks to 'clear out my uterus during af to try and improve implantation.

Is it eczema?

No not eczema. I have had that in the past though. This isn't patches it's just frustratingly itchy. And moves as well. Was bottom of my legs the other day. Last night was my thighs and my head. I think there is an element of weather and an element of stress related.

Last night was awful. I have totally lost my confidence and hubby is feeding off that so after 10 mins foreplay I think we both thought the other person was pulling away and all just ended in tears instead of BD. He has been struggling with anxiety meaning his libido can be low sometimes. And I think I've just lost my confidence after a few times of him being too tired towards the end of last cycle of trying. Wish I could just stop over thinking and is both just relax and go with it. Easier said than done sometimes when you TTC I think.

Feeling blue this morning x

Last edited:

Is it eczema?

No not eczema. I have had that in the past though. This isn't patches it's just frustratingly itchy. And moves as well. Was bottom of my legs the other day. Last night was my thighs and my head. I think there is an element of weather and an element of stress related.

Last night was awful. I have totally lost my confidence and hubby is feeding off that so after 10 mins foreplay I think we both thought the other person was pulling away and all just ended in tears instead of BD. He has been struggling with anxiety meaning his libido can be low sometimes. And I think I've just lost my confidence after a few times of him being too tired towards the end of last cycle of trying. Wish I could just stop over thinking and is both just relax and go with it. Easier said than done sometimes when you TTC I think.

Feeling blue this morning x

Aww so sorry , once you pass the 6 month mark ttc becomes very much a stress and it's hard to just relax and go with it....I wish I knew the answer for you but we find it difficult sometimes as we often set days fornttc and it's all very scheduled and unromantic. I never had any anxiety until facing this situation. I try and try to relax and 'Not think about it' but for me after 14 months ttc it's now impossible to do that.

Don't be too hard on each other and take some time to spend together out with ttc. Maybe do something you haven't done for ages like bowling or crazy golf just something fun to escape from it all. Good luck ps) I just saw your message you sent in January and I'm sorry I didn't see it before then !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back