Long termers 6 months or more

Nikkibiscuit

Reaction score
Hi all

So February marks 12 months for me since I had my coil removed. This was followed by a tough time as I had an abnormal smear and had to have lletz treatment which the doctors then advised not to TTC until my follow up 6 month smear was clear.

Confessional we didn't wait that long...by April we had started to let condoms go by the wayside on a few occasions and then in June we decided to start actively TTC and take our chances that we wouldn't catch before my follow up smear in Oct.

Smear was all clear.

So now just starting to feel like approaching that landmark of 12 months since no birth control and 6 months now passed actively TTC.

I know I'm not alone. Just wondering other than a couple of you I already know about who is still hanging in there 6 months plus down the road.

As per usual just looking for support and chat

Xx

Hey NikiBiscuit,
Glad to hear the smear came back all clear! My husband and I have now reached our 6 month mark this month, we only managed to BD once during my fertile window, so I'll eat my hat if I'm pregnant this month! Will find out on the 27th (hopefully AF won't show!).

Have you been trying anything in particular for your baby making? I recently bought Preseed and a couple of Instead Cups (though didn't have a chance to use them this month).

This month will be our 6th, and we are nearly 40 so I started to believe it's not going to happen for us. I know it's a short time but I just have a gut instinct. I had endo removed and things that happened I am thinking very negative at the moment. We will be trying till August, if it doesn't happen call it quits, as I feel like I need move forward with my life and forget about this stressful TTC. I am not sure if you have other children but we have one daughter so I am happy to just accept having one child if it doesn't happen. We also said we wouldn't go for IVF

You know I have been trying 13 months now and that’s 100% effort with opks temping etc...still here hunni and always looking for a chat/support anytime x

We started ttc in Oct 2016 but have been forced to take a two month break (one month to go!), as I had to have two mmr jabs, otherwise the fertility clinic wouldn’t see me. All tests up until now have been clear for both of us and we have our first appointment with the clinic later this month. I’m finding it really tough and just want a baby so much. Having to have a break is just rubbish and I am literally counting down the days until we can start trying again. Just feel like I’m wasting time at the moment. Fingers crossed we all get there soon xx

Hi Phillipa just the usual trying to get timing close to right or BD every other day. Have played with opks a bit but not sure they are for me. Trying to keep things simple next cycle or 2 as I think the more things we do to get it right the more stressed it makes me.

Maximus you 're not out yet....40s is young these days so don't give up hope yet. So happy for you that you have a little one you can focus on if fate decides that's how it's supposed to be.

Alexis I'm right there with you....you have been there for me from day one so always here for venting likewise!

Hi peony it's so frustrating isn't it. I was heartbroken when I went through my lletz cos we had agreed to start trying soon after coil came out. We only had delayed initially as had holiday for family wedding in oz we were trying to pay off so wanted to gets finances straight. Makes you think though when you get to this point why did we wait so Long? We have been in a stable relationship for neatly 12 years only married for 2 1/2 but does put things into perspective that we probably overthink things too much about waiting for the right time. Not sure that exists.

Glad to know we not alone ladies. Here a to 2018 being our year x

I'm new on here, hello everyone. I came off the depo injection about two and a half years ago and we've not used any protection since then. Only been really properly TTC for the last 8 months though. Starting clomid tomorrow - excited but quite scared about that! This forum has helped me a lot over the last few months even though I've only just started to feel confident enough to join in xx

This month will be our 6th, and we are nearly 40 so I started to believe it's not going to happen for us. I know it's a short time but I just have a gut instinct. I had endo removed and things that happened I am thinking very negative at the moment. We will be trying till August, if it doesn't happen call it quits, as I feel like I need move forward with my life and forget about this stressful TTC. I am not sure if you have other children but we have one daughter so I am happy to just accept having one child if it doesn't happen. We also said we wouldn't go for IVF

I'm 39 and had a few early losses but am now 16 weeks. Don't give up, it's not considered that old anymore xx

Welcome Sarah Lou. I was not at all the kind of person I thought would turn to other ladies for TTC support. Stubbornly independent and never much of a girlie girl. But I have found it so helpful just to have somewhere to blurb and rant.

Thank you Nikkibiscuit, I didn't realise how helpful it would be - and it also made me realise that its OK to think about it all the time. I sometimes think that if I do ever get a bfp I'll be utterly impossible because I'll then just be worrying continually about everything that might go wrong! X

It's been two and a half years for me now! I'm feeling much more positive lately, I have such a strong feeling that our fertility treatment is going to work so I'm running with it lol However I have had my fair share of down days where I can't even imagine myself having a baby! I'm so glad I can come in here and vent and get support! :)

Thank you Nikkibiscuit, I didn't realise how helpful it would be - and it also made me realise that its OK to think about it all the time. I sometimes think that if I do ever get a bfp I'll be utterly impossible because I'll then just be worrying continually about everything that might go wrong! X

I know what you mean I always thought it would be happy about the positive then enjoying planning for s little one but I now know that it will be more hanging onto that little bean with every fibre of my body x

It's been two and a half years for me now! I'm feeling much more positive lately, I have such a strong feeling that our fertility treatment is going to work so I'm running with it lol However I have had my fair share of down days where I can't even imagine myself having a baby! I'm so glad I can come in here and vent and get support! :)

Hi pidge glad to hear you are feeling positive....so happy it's all going in the right direction for you. Everything crossed x

I'm 39 and had a few early losses but am now 16 weeks. Don't give up, it's not considered that old anymore xx

Hi GG so pleased to hear you are progressing nicely! Great to see you still around. Xx

GG ....16 weeks!! Yay get you , such lovely news. I bet your glowing.

I am 34 and turn 35 in Aug which means my fertility declines even further so it’s making me nervous !

GG ....16 weeks!! Yay get you , such lovely news. I bet your glowing.

I am 34 and turn 35 in Aug which means my fertility declines even further so it’s making me nervous !

Know that feeling very very well. I was convinced we'd left it too late. I think of you guys regularly. Xx

Hi ladies glad I came along this post I have been trying for nearly 5 years now but my hubby sperm test was normal but he has trouble ejaculatibg so when I loose a bit more weight we are getting a ai kit home or getting it done there at the fertility clinic so we are using a syringe at home this cycle good luck to you all and congratulations gg xxx

Welcome Jem....i know there are other forums for the real long farmers and people going through fertility treatment but I think most of us ladies feel some camaraderie in being those ones in the middle ground. Thinking or knowing that everything is fine but yet not managing that BFP yet.

My hubby has struggled last couple of days with work pressure so we have only DTD once so far since AF. Coming up to peak fertile window now and over next few days. Trying really hard to be more relaxed and roll with it so I am not putting pressure on him...but my god it's tough when I've had 3 nights in a row now that I've been in the mood and he just hasn't x

Welcome Jem....i know there are other forums for the real long farmers and people going through fertility treatment but I think most of us ladies feel some camaraderie in being those ones in the middle ground. Thinking or knowing that everything is fine but yet not managing that BFP yet.

My hubby has struggled last couple of days with work pressure so we have only DTD once so far since AF. Coming up to peak fertile window now and over next few days. Trying really hard to be more relaxed and roll with it so I am not putting pressure on him...but my god it's tough when I've had 3 nights in a row now that I've been in the mood and he just hasn't x

I know how you feel about being in the mood my hubby is a bus driver and he literally comes home gets out of his work clothes has his tea and then we go to bed and he is sleeping within 10 mins and I'm like hello I don't see you all day where my time with you it's really stressful and upsetting

So last night I told him to sum in a tub and then used a syringe but will get time with him Saturday night and all day Sunday xxx

I know how you feel about being in the mood my hubby is a bus driver and he literally comes home gets out of his work clothes has his tea and then we go to bed and he is sleeping within 10 mins and I'm like hello I don't see you all day where my time with you it's really stressful and upsetting

So last night I told him to sum in a tub and then used a syringe but will get time with him Saturday night and all day Sunday xxx

It's such a romantic time isn't it.

I've just had my consultant appointment but still here and shitting myself as they've said I'm a high miscarriage risk. Got to have scan every two weeks from now. Waiting for an Internal scan now but already had two prescriptions to try to keep my cervix closed. One is pessaries, now to be called my daily bum pills...as nothing is allowed in my vagina til after birth apart from the scan probes.
No sex and pills up the bum. Delightful, lol. Actually quite scared at the moment but fx all will be fine.

You ladies will get there. Romance, Turkey basters...whatever it takes...keep going. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back