Long termers 6 months or more

Bless you GG....thoae romantic ideas cleaebkue peotray of your BRO and pregnancy are so far from the truth x

Bless you GG....thoae romantic ideas cleaebkue peotray of your BRO and pregnancy are so far from the truth x

I know right. It's more like, "I know you're knackered love, but let's just disappoint each other for five minutes to give ourselves a chance eh?" Lol

I know right. It's more like, "I know you're knackered love, but let's just disappoint each other for five minutes to give ourselves a chance eh?" Lol

Lmfao that is exactly it GG. The only time the romantic sex kicks in is like the first time of the month then it feels like a week organising time we will both be at home. Potentially not exhausted and therefore might manage sex. The age old debate.....do it before dinner and make it quick....do it after dinner and risk being too full/falling asleep. Lol.

I can't wait for our couple nights away. Irony is they are just as AF is due so she kk probabky show her face and ruin lol. But I live in hope x

We've been ttc number 2 since February and I had a miscarriage nearly 2 weeks ago at 5 weeks. :(.

Urgh. Dreading the year mark again!(took nearly 3 years for my daughter) xx

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

We've been ttc number 2 since February and I had a miscarriage nearly 2 weeks ago at 5 weeks. :(.

Urgh. Dreading the year mark again!(took nearly 3 years for my daughter) xx

So sorry to hear about your mc millielaura. I'm sure your time will come again soon....we in this together and I really hope we can tick off us all on this thread as pg before the year is out x

Aww honestly I know its gard not to but I wouldnt worry too much about everything they say about age. I know its easy for me to say. But i started ttc at 20 and my daughtsr was here when I was 24 bur I hace friends in their 30s who got pregnant 1at month and all went well straight away. Obviously age does have an effect but it defo scares people reading about it etc . Have they done a baseline scan and counted your number of follicles Alexis? xx

Is it cyclogest GG? Thats what I have to take too when pregnant. Horrid things but so worth it in the end xxxx

This month will be our 6th, and we are nearly 40 so I started to believe it's not going to happen for us. I know it's a short time but I just have a gut instinct. I had endo removed and things that happened I am thinking very negative at the moment. We will be trying till August, if it doesn't happen call it quits, as I feel like I need move forward with my life and forget about this stressful TTC. I am not sure if you have other children but we have one daughter so I am happy to just accept having one child if it doesn't happen. We also said we wouldn't go for IVF

I'm 39 and had a few early losses but am now 16 weeks. Don't give up, it's not considered that old anymore xx

GG ....16 weeks!! Yay get you , such lovely news. I bet your glowing.

I am 34 and turn 35 in Aug which means my fertility declines even further so it’s making me nervous !
Welcome Jem....i know there are other forums for the real long farmers and people going through fertility treatment but I think most of us ladies feel some camaraderie in being those ones in the middle ground. Thinking or knowing that everything is fine but yet not managing that BFP yet.

My hubby has struggled last couple of days with work pressure so we have only DTD once so far since AF. Coming up to peak fertile window now and over next few days. Trying really hard to be more relaxed and roll with it so I am not putting pressure on him...but my god it's tough when I've had 3 nights in a row now that I've been in the mood and he just hasn't x

I know how you feel about being in the mood my hubby is a bus driver and he literally comes home gets out of his work clothes has his tea and then we go to bed and he is sleeping within 10 mins and I'm like hello I don't see you all day where my time with you it's really stressful and upsetting

So last night I told him to sum in a tub and then used a syringe but will get time with him Saturday night and all day Sunday xxx

It's such a romantic time isn't it.

I've just had my consultant appointment but still here and shitting myself as they've said I'm a high miscarriage risk. Got to have scan every two weeks from now. Waiting for an Internal scan now but already had two prescriptions to try to keep my cervix closed. One is pessaries, now to be called my daily bum pills...as nothing is allowed in my vagina til after birth apart from the scan probes.
No sex and pills up the bum. Delightful, lol. Actually quite scared at the moment but fx all will be fine.

You ladies will get there. Romance, Turkey basters...whatever it takes...keep going. Xxx
Thanks nikkibiscuit.
I hope so! xx

I'm not sure why tapatalk quoted the wrong post there lol xx

Over 2years for me and still plodding on waiting for help. Let’s hope 2018 is our year xxx

It will be 5 years in March for us and it's been just over 5 months since I had a miscarriage
I would have thought I'd left this part of the forum by now!
Trying to keep postive this cycle for our fet

Hope lots of us ladies can move on to the pregnancy threads soon xx

I here with you Nikki. Off the pill for 3 years, making an effort for 1.5-2 years, really taking it seriously for the last year. I don't know what more we can do. I feel like we've tried everything and there's nothing left for us other than to accept that a natural pregnancy isn't for us. I can't say one IVF cycle fills me with hope either so all that's left is to accept that there will be no babies for us. I'm all for calling it a day as I feel like I need to grieve and move on but OH thinks I'll regret it in the long run. He's probably right. Instead, we've agreed to start stripping things back. I need to stop feeling defined by this. Sorry for the downer. It's not been a good week.

Moomin I just typed a long reply and hit delete by accident. Doh.

Must be so hard but so brave to be at that point that you feel it may be time to grieve. I think there is always 2 options....to do everything possible to have your baby be it natural or not.....or grieve and choose a different path.

I am a believer that wherever there is life there is hope...but I think if I was another 2 years down the road my views would likely be very different x

It will be 5 years in March for us and it's been just over 5 months since I had a miscarriage
I would have thought I'd left this part of the forum by now!
Trying to keep postive this cycle for our fet

Hope lots of us ladies can move on to the pregnancy threads soon xx

I know how you feel it will be 5 years in June for me and my hubby we have never ever had a pos at all as he struggles I am thinking of using opks this month but never used them before how often do you use them in a day

Hope your fet is successful and you all get your bfps soon and 2018 is successful for everyone xxx

I here with you Nikki. Off the pill for 3 years, making an effort for 1.5-2 years, really taking it seriously for the last year. I don't know what more we can do. I feel like we've tried everything and there's nothing left for us other than to accept that a natural pregnancy isn't for us. I can't say one IVF cycle fills me with hope either so all that's left is to accept that there will be no babies for us. I'm all for calling it a day as I feel like I need to grieve and move on but OH thinks I'll regret it in the long run. He's probably right. Instead, we've agreed to start stripping things back. I need to stop feeling defined by this. Sorry for the downer. It's not been a good week.

Aww moomin I hope you can find light at the end and sometimes I've heard so many stories about people trying so hard and giving up and it seems to happen when they least expect it

I've just found out 2 people I know one has had a one night stand and is 7 weeks pregnant and only did it because her sister has just had a baby and is jealous of her getting attention and she's been forgotten about in her family and she was going to get rid of the poor baby it broke my heart hearing that, the fact that so many people struggle for so long and then for some people it happens after once. I've also heard of someone else who has been in a relationship 6 weeks is 5 weeks pregnant

Hope you get successful before you give up and it will get easier and you will have good and bad days I've been there too last year and was giving up but I'm still trying nearly 5 years down the line have you had all the tests and tried through fertility clinic sending you big hugs :hugs:

Must be so hard but so brave to be at that point that you feel it may be time to grieve. I think there is always 2 options....to do everything possible to have your baby be it natural or not.....or grieve and choose a different path.

I am a believer that wherever there is life there is hope...but I think if I was another 2 years down the road my views would likely be very different x

Thanks Nikki. It's hard to put into words but I think I'm just at a point where I need this to end regardless of the outcome. I was very optimistic for the first 2 years really and I think that's pretty good going but the last year or so has really taken its toll. I just feel worn out but as you say, knowing we've done all that we can will help the grieving process. I think that's the only reason we''ll do the IVF as there will always be 'what if' otherwise. I can only picture a negative outcome and I truly worry that the failure will break me. Not factoring in the money side of things, I think that's the main reason we will only do one cycle as I think after that I'll need to find peace with following a different path. Age of course is a factor too. I'm 31 and statistically the younger I am the better our chances. I just want this misery over and done with so I can start to move on.

Aww moomin I hope you can find light at the end and sometimes I've heard so many stories about people trying so hard and giving up and it seems to happen when they least expect it

I've just found out 2 people I know one has had a one night stand and is 7 weeks pregnant and only did it because her sister has just had a baby and is jealous of her getting attention and she's been forgotten about in her family and she was going to get rid of the poor baby it broke my heart hearing that, the fact that so many people struggle for so long and then for some people it happens after once. I've also heard of someone else who has been in a relationship 6 weeks is 5 weeks pregnant

Hope you get successful before you give up and it will get easier and you will have good and bad days I've been there too last year and was giving up but I'm still trying nearly 5 years down the line have you had all the tests and tried through fertility clinic sending you big hugs :hugs:

Thanks JemJem. I take my hat off to you for still hanging in there after 5 years. We've had all the tests. Various problems fixed along the way. Several opportunities to build false hope. Still no baby. We are waiting on our new fertility clinic referral as we had a terrible experience at the first one. I have no expectation of the appointment other than to be referred for IVF.

Thanks moomin I just think to myself the only thing that's stopping us is my weight and I am trying so hard to loose the weight so once I loose it it will increase our chances and mean that we will get help eventually i am 5 and a half lbs away from looseing 2 stone from last year when I first went to fertility and I have like another 2 stone to go by 14th February but I'm hoping if I'm a stone or just a half away they will still help but I'm looking at in the way that I should be getting help by our third wedding anniversary in May which is keeping me going

If you don't want ivf I'm sure the fertility clinic will have other ways or advice to help you or it might just happen when you least expect it to happen like I've said I'm using a syringe at home this cycle to see if that will give us a chance as we want it more than ever as my hubby lost his grandad last year and we have found out his gran has a brain tumour so would love to know we have a wee one on the way while she is doing ok so we can give the family something good to focus on

It's such a hard time Ttc but I think 2018 will be a good year for us all trying so long xxx

Thanks Nikki. It's hard to put into words but I think I'm just at a point where I need this to end regardless of the outcome. I was very optimistic for the first 2 years really and I think that's pretty good going but the last year or so has really taken its toll. I just feel worn out but as you say, knowing we've done all that we can will help the grieving process. I think that's the only reason we''ll do the IVF as there will always be 'what if' otherwise. I can only picture a negative outcome and I truly worry that the failure will break me. Not factoring in the money side of things, I think that's the main reason we will only do one cycle as I think after that I'll need to find peace with following a different path. Age of course is a factor too. I'm 31 and statistically the younger I am the better our chances. I just want this misery over and done with so I can start to move on.

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way Look on, but at the same time have a huge amount of respect for where you're at with this. 31 is still really young, but we are all different and should all do what we find peace with. One of my closest friends gave up after 6 rounds of failed ivf. She was 43 when they had the last failure so her hubby had the snip as they didn't want the risk of falling pregnant naturally at that age due to the higher risks of Down's etc.

She said that if she was still in her 30's, they would have given up completely but just carried on as a married couple having sex whenever and not protecting. That is possibly a good option for you. In 15+ years time then, when nature ends your chances, you will truly have given it every possible chamce so if you get a surprise, great...if you don't, you'll never regret actively preventing.

Really wishing you well, however it pans out for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back