Long termers 6 months or more

Thanks moomin I just think to myself the only thing that's stopping us is my weight and I am trying so hard to loose the weight so once I loose it it will increase our chances and mean that we will get help eventually i am 5 and a half lbs away from looseing 2 stone from last year when I first went to fertility and I have like another 2 stone to go by 14th February but I'm hoping if I'm a stone or just a half away they will still help but I'm looking at in the way that I should be getting help by our third wedding anniversary in May which is keeping me going

If you don't want ivf I'm sure the fertility clinic will have other ways or advice to help you or it might just happen when you least expect it to happen like I've said I'm using a syringe at home this cycle to see if that will give us a chance as we want it more than ever as my hubby lost his grandad last year and we have found out his gran has a brain tumour so would love to know we have a wee one on the way while she is doing ok so we can give the family something good to focus on

It's such a hard time Ttc but I think 2018 will be a good year for us all trying so long xxx

I haven't had the best fertility clinic experience so I'll eat my hat if they offer us anything other than IVF. I really think it's that or keep trying and failing. It's not so much that I don't want the IVF, it's more that I feel like it will all be for nothing. I know we'll do it, I just have so little faith in the outcome right now.

Congrats on the weight loss also!!

Moomin I just typed a long reply and hit delete by accident. Doh.

Must be so hard but so brave to be at that point that you feel it may be time to grieve. I think there is always 2 options....to do everything possible to have your baby be it natural or not.....or grieve and choose a different path.

I am a believer that wherever there is life there is hope...but I think if I was another 2 years down the road my views would likely be very different x

Thanks Nikki. It's hard to put into words but I think I'm just at a point where I need this to end regardless of the outcome. I was very optimistic for the first 2 years really and I think that's pretty good going but the last year or so has really taken its toll. I just feel worn out but as you say, knowing we've done all that we can will help the grieving process. I think that's the only reason we''ll do the IVF as there will always be 'what if' otherwise. I can only picture a negative outcome and I truly worry that the failure will break me. Not factoring in the money side of things, I think that's the main reason we will only do one cycle as I think after that I'll need to find peace with following a different path. Age of course is a factor too. I'm 31 and statistically the younger I am the better our chances. I just want this misery over and done with so I can start to move on.

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way Look on, but at the same time have a huge amount of respect for where you're at with this. 31 is still really young, but we are all different and should all do what we find peace with. One of my closest friends gave up after 6 rounds of failed ivf. She was 43 when they had the last failure so her hubby had the snip as they didn't want the risk of falling pregnant naturally at that age due to the higher risks of Down's etc.

She said that if she was still in her 30's, they would have given up completely but just carried on as a married couple having sex whenever and not protecting. That is possibly a good option for you. In 15+ years time then, when nature ends your chances, you will truly have given it every possible chamce so if you get a surprise, great...if you don't, you'll never regret actively preventing.

Really wishing you well, however it pans out for you xx

Thanks GG. I truly felt like shit this week but thankfully I'm pulling myself together again!! I know I'm still young in the grand scheme of things so I know deep down that our odds are better the younger I am even if they already seem dire. They're not going to get any better!! As you've said, if we get to a point where we've tried and failed IVF, we will need to be done with TTC. Possibly look at adoption but maybe not. If we do get to that stage though, we would never prevent as it seems to be a bit of a pointless exercise!! If we get a happy accident then fine but I'd be able to live and plan my life as if that wasn't a possibility and hopefully find peace with it.

Must be so hard but so brave to be at that point that you feel it may be time to grieve. I think there is always 2 options....to do everything possible to have your baby be it natural or not.....or grieve and choose a different path.

I am a believer that wherever there is life there is hope...but I think if I was another 2 years down the road my views would likely be very different x

Thanks Nikki. It's hard to put into words but I think I'm just at a point where I need this to end regardless of the outcome. I was very optimistic for the first 2 years really and I think that's pretty good going but the last year or so has really taken its toll. I just feel worn out but as you say, knowing we've done all that we can will help the grieving process. I think that's the only reason we''ll do the IVF as there will always be 'what if' otherwise. I can only picture a negative outcome and I truly worry that the failure will break me. Not factoring in the money side of things, I think that's the main reason we will only do one cycle as I think after that I'll need to find peace with following a different path. Age of course is a factor too. I'm 31 and statistically the younger I am the better our chances. I just want this misery over and done with so I can start to move on.

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way Look on, but at the same time have a huge amount of respect for where you're at with this. 31 is still really young, but we are all different and should all do what we find peace with. One of my closest friends gave up after 6 rounds of failed ivf. She was 43 when they had the last failure so her hubby had the snip as they didn't want the risk of falling pregnant naturally at that age due to the higher risks of Down's etc.

She said that if she was still in her 30's, they would have given up completely but just carried on as a married couple having sex whenever and not protecting. That is possibly a good option for you. In 15+ years time then, when nature ends your chances, you will truly have given it every possible chamce so if you get a surprise, great...if you don't, you'll never regret actively preventing.

Thanks GG. I truly felt like shit this week but thankfully I'm pulling myself together again!! I know I'm still young in the grand scheme of things so I know deep down that our odds are better the younger I am even if they already seem dire. They're not going to get any better!! As you've said, if we get to a point where we've tried and failed IVF, we will need to be done with TTC. Possibly look at adoption but maybe not. If we do get to that stage though, we would never prevent as it seems to be a bit of a pointless exercise!! If we get a happy accident then fine but I'd be able to live and plan my life as if that wasn't a possibility and hopefully find peace with it.

Yep, that sounds like an ideal plan. We've discussed fostering and adoption. I'm not sure I want to try for a second as I'm only 4 months and previously broken pelvis and back are already giving me extreme pain and problems. Thrilled to finally have a successful pregnancy but the consultants are quite worried so we're totally okay with the idea of other options for future children...but it's very much a case of each to their own.

I will continue to stalk you xx

Yep, that sounds like an ideal plan. We've discussed fostering and adoption. I'm not sure I want to try for a second as I'm only 4 months and previously broken pelvis and back are already giving me extreme pain and problems. Thrilled to finally have a successful pregnancy but the consultants are quite worried so we're totally okay with the idea of other options for future children...but it's very much a case of each to their own.

I will continue to stalk you xx

Thanks GG. It's tough as we just don't know what's ahead of us. I hope everything continues to go well for you, it must be such a worry. I'm definitely open to other options but all the waiting and not knowing really is wearing after a while.

We've been trying for about 2 and a half years but I was very overweight and only lost the weight at the end of last summer so still got some hope. Oh and I'm 42.

How's everyone doing? Feel like we have made half hearted effort this month only DTD 4 times and both shattered with lots on 31st work at the minute so suppose can't always be sex mad lol. Off work for a chill tomorrow so hoping we might manage a couple more times this week. Cycle seems to be getting longer so can't hurt to keep trying until later in my cycle I guess x

I'm feeling not too bad. The witch has left the building and I feel a lot better in myself. If it helps we've tried hard every cycle for over a year now. So we've decided to chill out a bit and try less hard. I've got 2 cycles worth of OPKs left then I'm stopping them too. Hope you have a nice day off.

I'm feeling not too bad. The witch has left the building and I feel a lot better in myself. If it helps we've tried hard every cycle for over a year now. So we've decided to chill out a bit and try less hard. I've got 2 cycles worth of OPKs left then I'm stopping them too. Hope you have a nice day off.

Thanks moomin. I'm making concious effort to relax this cycle cos we were getting ourselves tied up in knots if one of us wasn't in the mood or I would sulk and get offended if he was knackered. Decided less stress and more go with the flow is the way forward. Keep telling myself when it's meant to happen it will x

Well feeling mixed emotions today. Somewhat resigned that just don't feel this month will be our month. We have tried but only really DTD 4 or 5 times over the last 2 weeks and coming out of peak TTC time now so into 2ww. Won't test until my birthday on 3rd Feb at the earliest and will try not to test at all but then which would be AF due date for 31 day cycle. Had variety of length up to 33 34 and one random 37 so gonna try and be good and hold off until then. Excited for week off work next week...horsey time Anne's then hubby time second half of week so lots to enjoy and stop worrying about baby making. That's the idea anyway! Xx

Enjoy horsey time Nikki.. .I'd love my own horse! I just help a girl in next village with hers. I hate that feeling when you already feel out. I felt awful last wknd when the witch showed....as per I spirled down hill but fed up feeling so blue so I have have myself loads to focus on and when I feel negative I am going to make sure it lasts no longer than the time it takes me to say ' I am strong , I am healthy and I will be a Mum.

I am back on my health kick, I have started my own blog about this ttc journey which I will post a link to it once I've got it all up and running. I am positive I will be preggers by April/May time and if not ivf would only be about 6 mobths away from that point hopefully.

I had to endure more baby chat at work about what we were buying the girl going off on mat leave...its a form of torture but at same time I know it's just life but ahhhhh just 1 day where baby stuff isn't mentioned would be lovely

I had a think about how I will deal with ivf at work IF we end up there and I've decided I would tell my boss but also get the gp to sign me off for 1 or 2 weeks but at same time speak to my boss to see if she would be willing to give me less stressful work and only take some days off here and there. I am sure she would want to be flexible so I wouldn't need to take all the time off. I am also going to tell her I don't want any of the team to know ...not unless I was at the point it was successful.

Oh I would love to read your blog Alexis :)
I did one blog post in 2015 I think it was and I love reading back on it.
Good idea about work if you do need ivf! xxx

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Enjoy horsey time Nikki.. .I'd love my own horse! I just help a girl in next village with hers. I hate that feeling when you already feel out. I felt awful last wknd when the witch showed....as per I spirled down hill but fed up feeling so blue so I have have myself loads to focus on and when I feel negative I am going to make sure it lasts no longer than the time it takes me to say ' I am strong , I am healthy and I will be a Mum.

I am back on my health kick, I have started my own blog about this ttc journey which I will post a link to it once I've got it all up and running. I am positive I will be preggers by April/May time and if not ivf would only be about 6 mobths away from that point hopefully.

I had to endure more baby chat at work about what we were buying the girl going off on mat leave...its a form of torture but at same time I know it's just life but ahhhhh just 1 day where baby stuff isn't mentioned would be lovely

I had a think about how I will deal with ivf at work IF we end up there and I've decided I would tell my boss but also get the gp to sign me off for 1 or 2 weeks but at same time speak to my boss to see if she would be willing to give me less stressful work and only take some days off here and there. I am sure she would want to be flexible so I wouldn't need to take all the time off. I am also going to tell her I don't want any of the team to know ...not unless I was at the point it was successful.

So glad you are feeling positive Alexis. I am not feeling miserable just resigned to this month not being it so will keep thinking forwards.

I was supposed to be selling my horse to start family but after 6 months of trying to and 2 sales falling through last minute I decided he was meant to stay with me. Luckily a friend is retiring her horse so she is going to share him with me which will ease the financial burden a little and she would take him on full time if needs be further down the line. It's helping me be positive though now I know he is staying cos I don't feel like I have to sacrifice one baby for another! I think that will help with stress on mymoart therefore I am optimistic that next couple of months we will get our BFP.

I hope we can all get there by the springtime. Although I work in retail so would love to get there by march/April cos I want to luck a Christmas off work in maternity lol! Xx

So glad you are feeling positive Alexis. I am not feeling miserable just resigned to this month not being it so will keep thinking forwards.

I was supposed to be selling my horse to start family but after 6 months of trying to and 2 sales falling through last minute I decided he was meant to stay with me. Luckily a friend is retiring her horse so she is going to share him with me which will ease the financial burden a little and she would take him on full time if needs be further down the line. It's helping me be positive though now I know he is staying cos I don't feel like I have to sacrifice one baby for another! I think that will help with stress on mymoart therefore I am optimistic that next couple of months we will get our BFP.

I hope we can all get there by the springtime. Although I work in retail so would love to get there by march/April cos I want to luck a Christmas off work in maternity lol! Xx

YAY for keeping your shitsyourmoneystraightoutandenjoyshishumanslave horse, lol.

Honestly, they literally drain our bank accounts and hurt themselves for fun but I could never be without mine. I am so so happy you've decided to keep him and find a way to make it work. Xx

YAY for keeping your shitsyourmoneystraightoutandenjoyshishumanslave horse, lol.

Honestly, they literally drain our bank accounts and hurt themselves for fun but I could never be without mine. I am so so happy you've decided to keep him and find a way to make it work. Xx

Me too GG. Money is insane but they are worth every penny. He is my destress and my absolute joy. Hubby gets bit jealous sometimes lol.

Thankfully agreement will benefit both me and my friend....she gets a horse full time for half the price ....i don't have to sell....and I save half the money but can still ride 2/3 times a week. So hopefully win win both ways.

I'm just so pleased that I feel like I'm not gonna lose my identity and doing the things I love...just adjust to make room for a baby instead. Much happier.

Hope we can get the other pieces to fall in place soon x

Me too GG. Money is insane but they are worth every penny. He is my destress and my absolute joy. Hubby gets bit jealous sometimes lol.

Thankfully agreement will benefit both me and my friend....she gets a horse full time for half the price ....i don't have to sell....and I save half the money but can still ride 2/3 times a week. So hopefully win win both ways.

I'm just so pleased that I feel like I'm not gonna lose my identity and doing the things I love...just adjust to make room for a baby instead. Much happier.

Hope we can get the other pieces to fall in place soon x

I so wanted to try to encourage you to do this when you were first talking of selling but none of my business and not my decision so was happy to support that choice...I just think this one is MUCH better and Honestly, babies that grow up going outside and being around animals are so lucky.

The herd here know I'm pregnant, I swear. They are all being super well behaved around me and George is being really protective. Even the little stallions are being really super gentle ❤

February 2018 marks our 14th month of TTC baby number 1 :(
In February last year i had an early mc (6 weeks), since then we've had no luck at all, last year was terrible for me and my husband as the stress and determination to get pregnant almost tore us apart! We had to take a step back and look at it all differently, i think you can get too obsessed sometimes - i remember feeling that i was certain that getting pregnant would be easy and that we'd have our baby by now, but i was so wrong! It's been the hardest 14 months emotionally and physically for us both, especially when everyone around us seems to be falling pregnant so easily and without trying!
I had my first blood test done at the weekend, waiting for CD1-3 to do my next and i am so nervous and anxious to find out the results.

I hope you get your beautiful baby soon - all of you!
It's good to know we're not alone in the TTC journey, sometimes it can feel like the loneliest place to be when you desperately want a family and don't seem to be getting any closer to it.

My sister in law tells me that when AF arrives just think of it as "one month closer," but she has 2 babies and a 3rd on the way, so i think sometimes it's easier for people to say these things than it is to actually be going through them.

Lilyflower Definitely agreed with easier for people to say understanding....i only have one friend that I feel actually understands as she tried for a long time with a previous partner so can relate. She then ended up falling pregnant by accident with her now hubby as she thought she was the problem. Turned out was more than likely the partner lol. But at least feel she can actually understand the waiting game.

It's so hard when people are pregnant and say oh well after 3 months we were getting worried then I fell. I just think 3 months are you kidding. And others who have had one and then sit and say they want to plan another for a certain time of year. Makes me want to scream.

GG....thanks I am so pleased to find a solution. Was very hard cos finances does stress my OH out....but I finally realised all I was doing in trying to sell was taking stress off him and plonking it on my shoulders which wasn't productive. This way we hopefully have a sustainable solution. Altho that lottery win would always help lol x

I would definitely read your blog Alexis!! Glad you've got a plan in mind if you do go for IVF. I've found it helpful to feel like I know how I'll approach it.

I literally only just got this up...not really written much but plan to add lots more soon. I would like it in a better format but not that great with building websites. www.eggblog.simplesite.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back